Chapter 12

It's Not Love...Is It?

 

[12]
 
America
 
---
 
August 17th, 2010
 
Home sweet home. I do wish the others won’t miss me too much. Who am I kidding? They’re fully Korean pop stars, like they would have the time to care about me. Hopefully this break from the 5 guys will give me time to figure things out.
 
---
 
“Please fasten your seat belts for we will be landing shortly.” The pilot spoke on the line. I sat up from my lazy position on the first class seat and buckled myself in. It was about time we landed, the flight was too long for my pleasure.
 
When I got into the passenger pick-up area, I felt a sense of déjà vu. To my surprise, I actually felt quite disappointed to know that this time, Hyun Joong Oppa wouldn’t be the one picking me up. And of course, I was no longer in Korea but in America.
 
As I approached my vacation house alone, I felt a wave of memories rush through me. This was the house that my parents bought for me years ago where I would spend my summer with some friends. Of course though, it’s illegal for me to live here permanently without parental supervision.
 
I was back for two weeks for my friend’s birthday. I went in and flopped myself onto my bed. Amy, my friend, should’ve been here in a few hours so I took advantage of the time to sleep for myself.
 
About half an hour into my sleep, my cell phone ran inside my pocket, which definitely was not a good idea. When it vibrated, I jumped a foot into the air before realizing I had an incoming call.
 
“Annyosayo?” I called into the phone and then slapped myself on the forehead, I was in America now for goodness sakes. 
 
“Sara?” The voice on the other line replied with my English name.
 
“Amy! Where are you?” I asked.
 
“Right outside. But 5 ubberly hot asian guys are standing outside your house, telling me that they had this place booked for vacation.” She replied in confusion. That was weird, I mean, there’s no way that Amy would’ve gotten the wrong house, she arrived here basically every summer since we were 8.
 
I made my way downstairs and opened the front door to reveal my drive way. On it, were 6 people. 
 
life.
 
“What the hell are you doing here?”
 
---
 
“Wait, so you’re telling me, this gorgeous guy here is your cousin.” I watched as she raised a finger at Hyun Joong Oppa.
 
“Well to some extent--” She cut in again.
 
“And these 4, are his gorgeous bandmates.” She piped in disbelief.
 
“Why thank you.” Jung Min replied courteously before I could even respond. 4 of them seemed particularly amused by Amy’s interrogation while Young Saeng just sat there almost emotionlessly. Almost. He had a sly smirk on his face as he watched MY reaction.
 
“And you LIVE with them?!” She exclaimed. Baby and Jung Min’s faces were just about to explode with laughter. 
 
“Well it’s not that I choose to.” From the corner of my eye, I saw Young Saeng twitch. “But then again, what are you doing here?” I asked my cousin expectantly.
 
“Well, our company was looking for a place for us to stay for our two weeks off. Your father offered this house to us.” Oppa replied, still clearly amused by my suffering. “But since we have no place to stay, you won’t be as heartless as to send us to a dusty hotel will you?”
 
“I wasn’t thinking about it, but now that you mention it, sure why not.” I said, getting up from the couch and headed to find refuge in my room.
 
“If that’s the case, I feel that it’s only right that Min Hee doesn’t live in our house in Korea, wouldn’t you say hyung? It’s only fair.” It was the first time that Young Saeng had spoken all day and after that one line, frankly, I didn’t want to hear anymore.
 
He was using my own promise to him against myself.
 
“Too bad. Amy’s already living here for the next two weeks. I’d be caught dead if you guys her.” I replied, looking over at Amy. She seemed to be dazzle by their looks and…did I see right?…She was practically drooling over Kyu Jong. 
 
“No. I don’t mind.” She said as she snapped out of her trance. 
 
‘Traitor.’ I thought and then looked at Kyu Jong who, for once, seemed interested in her. I made a mental note to myself to blame it all on Kyu Jong later.
 
“Fine.” I said with a giant sigh. There goes my peaceful two weeks. But as I looked over at Kyu Jong and Amy, I couldn’t help but think that something was going to happen.
 
That night, while the guys were sleeping peacefully in the guest rooms far down the halls, me and Amy had a talk.
 
“So…” She stated with an excited smile on her petite face. I gave her a suspicious look. Amy was never the type to judge but she always new things that others wouldn’t notice at first glance.
 
“So what?” I asked her. She gave me the ‘don’t-play-the-I-have-no-idea-what-you’re-talking-about-game.’ look. “So nothing, nothing is going on between the three of us.” I replied.
 
“Three? There are 5 of them lady.” I froze when she reminded me of that. It’s true. Though there were 5 of them, for the past 2 weeks, it seemed almost like it was about only the three of us. Heo Young Saeng, Kim Hyung Joon and well…me.
 
“Spill.” I told her the whole deal-leaving out the bloody details as to Young Saeng boxing up a complete stranger and the fact that I had at some point, shared a bed with each of them (no ual meaning intended.)
 
“Oh my God, you lucky duck!” Amy exclaimed at the to of her lungs as I explained Baby’s confession on the ferris wheel, leaving out the kiss.
 
“Lucky?! Amy! Help me!” I told her. She gave me an innocent smile which reminded eerily of someone who was absolutely known for being innocent. “So, tell me. What was that I saw going on between you and Kyu Jong Oppa?”
 
“He’s nice, they all are.” She replied as she sat cross-legged on my bed, picking at her nail polish. “I can’t believe you didn’t tell me you were living with 5 unbearably hot guys.”
 
“And I can’t believe you’re changing the subject.” I countered relentlessly.
 
“It’s that obvious huh.” Her face was completely flushed which made me jealous because even during times like this, she always managed to stay beautiful.
 
“Don’t worry, I’ll help you get to him.”
 
“Really?” Her voice perked. “Then I’ll return you a favour too!”
 
“What’s that?”
 
“Guys will lose patience hun. He doesn’t deserve to wait anymore.” 
 
What have I gotten myself into?