Chapter 6

It's Not Love...Is It?

 

[6]
 
Morning Walks
 
I awoke to nothing but darkness. As I tried to sit up, I remembered the situation I found myself in yesterday.
 
‘I have to get out of here.’ I thought as I got up from the underneath his arms.
 
“Mieneh, Young Saeng-shii.” I mumbled as I got up and headed for the front door. No one was awake yet. When I checked the time, it was only 5 o’clock. They weren’t gonna be up for a while.
 
With that, I made my way down the elevator and went out to the convenient store  down the street. 
 
The sign on the front read “open 24 hours” which kinda made me nostalgic. Who would be out in such a dark hour? Regardless, I went in and picked out a few packets of instant noodles, some milk and whatever other snacks I could manage to find.
 
“What is a young girl like you doing out so early?” Some creep down the street as I exited the store. He started making his way towards me.
 
‘Stupid cousin, why the hell did he heave to find an apartment in the darkest part of town?’
 
I reached into my pocket and was expecting to find my cell phone there. ‘Oh yeah, no genius, forget your cell phone at this time of day won’t you? Strike number one.’
 
Without another though, I headed down the road away from the man and coincidentally, farther and farther away form the SS apartment. ‘That’s two strikes moron, doesn’t common sense tell you to go back into the store?’ I scolded.
 
“Hey, where’re you going? If you don’t have a place to stay, you can come to mine!’ The man called from behind.
 
“Hell no, .” I mumbled to myself. Suddenly, a hand grabbed my wrist. Panicking, I swung it away at full force, managing to hit him on the head.
 
‘Strike three: hit your savior won’t you?’
 
“Ow! Now what did I do?” An annoyed voice responded. It wasn’t the voice I was expecting.
 
“Young Saeng-shii?! What’re you doing here?” I exclaimed.
 
“I wouldn’t be talking. Didn’t I tell you not to run away? Don’t listen to me and see what you’ve gotten yourself into.” He growled furiously.
 
“Eh? Who are you young man? I’m sorry but I got to this young lady first, now if you would please move aside—“ The man was obviously drunk.
 
“You disgust me.” Young Saeng growled and I swore I heard the crunching of the guy’s nose when he boxed it in.
 
“Let’s go.” He said and grabbed my hand, pulling me past the guy who was now on the ground with a bloody nasal.
 
“You shouldn’t have done that.” I said as we sat out on the balcony of the apartment with a first aid kit. He flinched when I dabbed his practically fractured knuckle.
 
“Shut up. I’m still mad at you.”
 
When I was finished wrapping up his hand, I brushed his bangs out of his face and looked at his forehead where I had hit him.
 
“What’re you doing?” I asked when he smacked my hand away from his hair.
 
“Don’t touch my hair, I’m fine.” He replied angrily.
 
“Can you stop being so stubborn? It’s bleeding where the metal of my hair tie scratched you. Let me fix that.” I scolded and hit his hand that was busy fixing his hair.
 
“Aish~ that hurts!” He complained in frustration when I dabbed alcohol on the open cut. Before he was able to complain again, I slapped on the bandaid which was fairly visible.
 
“Gosh you guys are sure rowdy in the morning.” A sleepy voice spoke. We looked up to find Kyu Jong staring at us. “Why’re you up so early anyways?” He groaned. Me and Young Saeng looked at each other for a brief second, where was the explanation?
 
“Well you see, last night when Min Hee-shii was dreaming about me, she tried to hug me subconsciously but smacked me in the forehead instead.” Young Saeng lied with a toothy grin.
 
“Mhmm, I had a horrible nightmare about Saengie here and decided to hit him in the face” I agreed, glaring at Young Saeng.
 
“As if that wasn’t enough, I was chasing after Min Hee when she decided to get up and sleep walk out the door, this ungrateful brat hit my hand out of the way into the closing elevator doors.” He countered with another lie.
 
“It doesn’t count as sleep walking if you were purposefully running away from a pedo old man.” I replied. 
 
“Well, that is a large thanks considering I just saved your .”
 
“Thank-you.”
 
“I’m still mad at you though.”
 
“Well that makes the two of us.” I looked up to find not just Kyu Jong there but as well as the rest of the group…including Hyun Joong Oppa. 
 
“You woke me up with your quarrelling.”  He grumbled. “Great job, now that you act like a married couple, I might as well get you two tickets to Vegas this weekend and you can get married yourself and move out.”