Chapter 10

It's Not Love...Is It?

 

[10]
 
Flashbacks
 
---
 
August 3rd, 2010
 
Today was Hyung Joon Oppa’s birthday. It was so much fun but it almost seemed like a dream. What happened a few mere hours ago was honestly the least unexpected thing I could think of. I wonder what Young Saeng oppa would say if he found out… wait what does it matter what he thinks? But still… I’d rather go off thinking it the whole night was a dream because for once, I don’t know what to say.
 
August 4th, 2010
 
Wow mid-night already. I should be going to sleep now instead of thinking about this…SHOULD, but I can’t How did such a brilliant night end in such…confusion. I hate dwelling over this. As I am typing this up on computer right now, Young Saeng is giving me a ‘get to sleep or else’ look. It seems that he can’t get to sleep –avec- my constant tapping. His presence is starting to wear off on me. Well that’s it for now.
 
---
 
“What were you typing?” He asked as I closed the screen and placed the laptop on the floor, under the bed, so that I wouldn’t step on it in the morning.
 
“Nothing.” I answered as I turned to look at him who was sitting upright next to me. He gave me a disbelieving look. “It’s nothing, really. Good night.”
 
I slid easily under the covers and turned so that the only thing I saw was the ceiling and nothing else. I sighed. Today was just too dramatic for me.
 
---
 
-Flashback-
 
For the past 3 weeks that I had been living at this house, I had spent the total of 1 night (the first night) with my cousin, 2 weeks sharing beds with Young Saeng, 5 nights with Kyu Jong (he was a light sleeper so I didn’t want to disturb him with my jet lagged timing) and after realizing the lethalness of Jung Min (who was well scarier than Joongie Oppa in my opinion) never shared a bed with him again.
 
This morning though, was different. As I rolled over to the side, expecting it to be empty, my entire forearm slammed into a hard surface.
 
“Ow.” I moaned. Unfortunately, the impact had awakened me completely from sleep.
 
“You’re owing? That was my face thank you very much.” The voice next to me complained. His voice was low and husky. That was weird, why was there someone beside me?
 
“Maknae?! Oh my god, you’re gonna be late for your schedule! Why’re you still in bed?! Get up!”
 
“Maknae? Who’s the maknae here? Besides, we don’t have a schedule today.” He replied, getting up and making his way to the kitchen. I followed him and then realized the dormitory was completely empty apart from the two of us. I looked over at Hyung Joon who had a glass of water in one hand and took off something that was magnetized to the fridge with the other.
 
“What does it say?” I asked him as he read over the piece of paper.
 
“Hyung Joon, Happy birthday.” He read. “Mianhe but us four hyungs have to go to the studio and rehearse early in the morning, we can’t celebrate with you. Sorry! But on the brighter side, on the kitchen counter there are two tickets to the local amusement park. The weather is nice today so bring Min Hee with you! Have fun! Your hyungs.” He turned to the counter as did I, and sure enough, there were two tickets.
 
“So? What do you say?” He asked as he examined the tickets.
 
“I say let’s get the hell outta here.”
 
When we arrived, it was already 10 o’clock. Thanks to large pairs of sunglasses though, neither of us were recognized right off the bat.
 
“Where first?” He asked. I scanned the map in my hands and pointed to the area with the biggest attractions first.
 
“Rollercoaster.” I replied as I looked up to the direction where the map showed. I could see the drop of a rollercoaster miles away beyond many trees. Hyung Joon gave me a look. 
 
“Kiddo, I think you should get your brain checked.” He said. I simply stuck my tongue out childishly at him and grabbed his hand in mine. He didn’t seem to protest as I dragged him into the line.
 
“I’m not going on this, you go.” He said as he began to make his way through the crowd. 
 
“Joonie Oppa!~” I whined. People were beginning to stare now. In no time, they would recognize Hyung Joon and rush over. “Joon!~” I complained again and it was them that he turned around and stood by my side without a word.
 
“Thank you.” I replied innocently as he stood there ignoring me. After about half a minute, it was more than apparent that the people recognized Hyung Joon behind the sunglasses. For a good 30 minutes, he must’ve signed at least 40 autographs for those standing in line and at least 50 fan taken photographs. I simply stood there and yes, maybe once in a while the fans asked for photographs with me and Joon together but other than that, I was almost relieved when we stood on the platform waiting for the next coaster to arrive when it was finally our turn.
 
Baby seemed to think differently of that though. Now that the fans were gone, he turned to face reality.
 
“Um…I think I’ll wait for you at the—“
 
“And make me ride alone on such a scary attraction? And to think Oppa left my life to a wimp like you.” I replied sarcastically. When the coaster came, I went on first and buckled myself in. I looked up at him expecting him to just walk out the other side but he sat down beside me and tightened the belt with all his might.
 
“You don’t have to do this.” I told him with a smirk. He didn’t say anything but inched closer to me. On our way up, he grabbed my hand in his and glared at me.
 
“Too much pride in you celebrities.” I said, grinning wildly. He shook his head in frustration. We were at the top now. “Smile!”
 
“What?—“ His exclamation was interrupted by a bloody scream. I almost had the breath knocked out of me as I burst out laughing on the fall. After the drop, I looked over to see if he was alright but I swore tears were falling for his eyes as he gripped my hand to the point where it was numb.
 
“Haha! Oh my God! Joon, look at you! You’re hilarious!” I cheered as I pointed at the photo he bought for me of him screaming when the camera took a photo of the two of us on the drop. He didn’t respond so I looked over at him, wondering if he was mad at me.
 
He grabbed my hand and led me to a garden shaped type thing in the park. Though the plants and flowers were beautiful, it was further away from the rides, thus no one was really around. We sat under a huge tree in the shade where no fans would run into us. As soon as we sat down though, he tipped over and had his head on my shoulder.
 
“You okay?” I asked, uncertain of myself. His face looked slightly pale as he inhaled deeply. “Motion sickness?”
 
“No, I just haven’t been feeling too well for the past few days.” He replied. His voice rendered weak.
 
“You should’ve told me.”
 
“No, what kinda man would I have been if I dropped out?”
 
“Maybe we shoud—“ He cut me off.
 
“No,” He said. “Just let me stay like this for a while.” He fell asleep then. And all was heard for the next few hours was the soft breathing escaping from his lips.