Chapter 11

It's Not Love...Is It?

 

[11]
 
Rumors and Promises
 
“Did something happen when you were out with Maknae today?” I almost jumped when Young Saeng’s voice penetrated my thoughts.
 
“No, of course not. W-why do you ask?” ‘Damn myself and my stuttering’ I cursed.
 
“It’s none of my business, I was just wondering considering you seem so restless right now.” He mumbled, obviously seeing right through my bluff. He didn’t seem to pressure me for the truth though. I was thankful for that. What happened hours ago… I’m still not sure whether or not I accepted such a fact.
 
---
 
-Flashback-
 
After regaining approximately 7 hours of sleep, Hyung Joon finally seemed to come around as he sat up in a flash. “I’m sooo sorry! What time is it?” Truthfully, I didn’t notice the time because I too, drifted into my own world. I checked my watch.
 
“9 o’clock.” I replied. He got up then.
 
“Aish!~ Why didn’t you wake me?” He seemed frustrated by the fact that we lost time at the park.
 
“Well, you were sleeping like a pig. On the other hand though, we should get home. Hyun Joong Oppa will get worried.” I got up and headed towards the front entrance but a hand grabbed mine.
 
“One more ride. There was a ride I wanted to go on with you.” He insisted. I sighed, it was already dark but the park wasn’t closed for another hour. “One more.” He promised before dragging me off in a random direction. 
 
“Woah…” I mumbled as I stared up at the giant ferris wheel he pulled me to a halt at. The wheel was huge with at least 50 carts that individually took at least 20 minutes to go a full round. 
 
“Let’s go before a line forms.” He said as he proceeded to tow me towards the open cart that a couple had just exited. That’s when it reminded me, the ferris wheel was typically a couple spot. But that didn’t worry me too much, the scenery took all me doubts away.
 
“Wow.” I managed to mutter out of awe. From the corner of my eye, I saw Baby grin wildly at my response. I couldn’t help but smile back at him.
 
“It’s sure something right?” He said. I nodded. “I love this place the most. It’s relaxing.” The way his eyes sparkled as he spoke made it almost seem as if I wasn’t sitting across from a 20 year old man but a teenager like me. In fact, never had I thought of Baby anymore than 3 years older than me. 
 
We were half way up then.
 
“Sorry about your birthday. I didn’t have time to get you a present after all. Mianeh.” I said as I looked up at him. Him who was already looking at me.
 
“Aniyo. I should be apologizing, I wasted 7 hours of the day just sleeping there.” He replied. As he stood up to bow at me, I swore I felt the cage we were in, buckle a little. He laughed humorously at my frightened expression and made his way over to me. I scooted towards the side so that he say next to me.
 
“That wasn’t funny.” I told him with a warning tone. He laughed again when I said that.
 
“On the contrary, your expression was much more than funny.” He replied.
 
“Uh huh, right. So what did you want to talk to me about?”
 
“I had something to talk to you about?” He asked. From the corner of my eye, I saw Hyung Joon running his fingers through his hair all fidgety.
 
“Fine fine. Don’t tell me.” I mumbled as I placed my elbow on the window ledge and leaned my head on it. We were nearing the top now.
 
“Did you hear the rumor about this ferris wheel?” He asked me in a talkative tone. I guess he just didn’t want to see me mad.
 
“No, what rumor?” I replied. The view below us was brilliant as the busy life underneath us was outshone by bright city lights that seemed like nothing but mini stars.
 
“That if two people were to kiss at the top, they would stay together forever.” I turned to him in shock, wondering whether or not what he said was his true intention or something I heard wrong. He looked me in my eyes with a shy smile and a tint of pink across his face. I couldn’t look away from him as his smile dazzled me.
 
“Stay with me.” He whispered. The three words had not an intention of a statement but a question. He leaned in slowly, cautious almost, to not have me run away scared. It was almost as if he was asking permission.
 
It’s not like I had a choice when he pressed his lips gently to mine, I was trapped mentally in his presence. It wasn’t my first kiss. But it was because of that, that I knew, that compared to the other’s hard, cold lips, his gave me a feeling of respect and warmth, not intrusion nor pressure.
 
Less than seconds later, I looked into the eyes of the man who just asked me to be his. The kiss, wasn’t a complete acception and he understood that. 
 
“Min Hee.” He spoke my name lovingly, “You’ve only been in my life for a month and I won’t let you go anymore. If you understand me now, I’m not asking for an answer. Not yet. But never leave me, never leave us.”
 
“You’re six years older than me…”
 
“Is that the issue? Age?”
 
“No, it’s not that. I mean, just give me some time. A lot has been going on.” I replied 
 
‘A lot’ didn’t cover it.
 
“Is it about Young Saeng-hyung?” He asked. And that’s when it hit me, Young Saeng. Young Saeng had repeated those same words to me more than once before “Don’t leave me.”
 
‘What ARE you still doing living there?’ Jae Joong’s words replayed in my head. Young Saeng… why was I thinking about him at a time like this?
 
“Young Saeng’s the reason right?” He repeated as he leaned back into the seat and stretched his legs out. “Well…think about it still. No matter your decision, I’ll always be here. But I lose patience too. Afterall, I’m only human. Just keep that in mind Min Hee, I’ll never hurt you.”
 
-End Flashback-
 
---
 
“Young Saeng…” I mumbled at the thought of my reaction at that time. I didn’t expect a reply though.
 
“Hmm?” His sleepy voice managed to croak out.
 
“Oh, uh… nothing.”
 
“Alright then, go to sleep.” Within moments, his soft breathing was the only thing I heard. I picked up my laptop and began typing again.
 
---
 
August 4th, 2010
 
I feel like ever since I’ve been here, nothing has been working out nicely. Life is sure as hell dramatic, and more than anything, complicated. As much as I want to go back to my old life its too late to turn back now. I made too many promises, not only to others but also to myself. Then again, the only thing I want to know now is, at that time, why Young Saeng?