Chapter 9: 7:49

Untimely Love

Ehlarie Kate's P.O.V.

I'm left alone at home since dad is still on his business trip and Ace is out with his team members for a 'relaxation' thing which is just a night out with drinks and what-nots.

 

I'm surfing the net and looking for DIY's on Pinterest to take my mind away from all the stress and pain that happened for the past few days, especially yesterday.

 

After some time, I heard a knock on the door and I thought it's my brother so I hailed down the stairs immediately but what I saw was a bloody Jace, his face filled with cuts and wounds. He is a mess.

 

"Jace! ! Come on in." I panicked but still managed to help him in and made him sit on the couch.

 

"Dad had another episode and it kind of got out of hand." He stated as I examined my poor cousin's face.

 

"You shouldn't have gone home, a while back. You know you're always welcome here." I told him but he shook his head slowly.

 

"I had to or else Dad might really become just a stranger. I was hoping that if I went home, he'd be in his normal state. I was hoping he'd be better after a day of drinking."

 

I understand that part. Ever since Uncle Sam's wife had gone missing and was found dead the next day, he developed panic attacks and his episodes kept on becoming worse by the day.

 

Uncle Sam is Mom's older brother and he was also heart broken when he found out that Mom left us for another guy. He had been apologetic to us but we can't put the blame on him because he wasn't Mom. That's how we maintained a close relationship together and that explains why Jace would always run to us when Uncle Sam's episodes get worse.

 

"Stay here for a while. I'll help you with your wounds." I said and went to my room to get my first aid kit. I also searched for the ointment to treat his wounds but I guess I ran out of stock. I went into Ace's room as well as Dad's but their ointments are a decade old expired.

 

I uttered a 'whatever' before tending to my cousin. He bit his lip when I started to clean his wounds but I'm amazed he didn't even complain at all. He just accepted the pain just the way he did every time his dad's episodes attacked.

 

"I'm out of ointment so just take a rest here while I go buy one. I'm afraid your wounds won't heal fast if we don't treat it with ointment." I stated but he shook his head.

 

"It's dark now, couz. You're not supposed to be out at this time of night. Let's just leave this here. I'll be fine anyway." He disagreed but I'm too worried that I just won't leave my cousin's wounds just like that.

 

"You're becoming like Dad and Ace but you don't have to worry." I assured and stood up as I checked my wallet which I managed to grab on my way out a while back.

 

Wow! My life...now my wallet. It’s very...it's poor and it's sad. I smiled at my cousin and walked towards the door.

 

"Thanks, couz." I heard him say and I whispered a welcome.