Chapter 7: 6:00 A.M.

Untimely Love

Calvin Ian's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock and started stretching as I went out of my bed.

 

Just then, my eyes landed on the sketch I was working on yesterday. I just can't help thinking of what she told me about not holding back what made me and my mom happy.

 

So when I went home, I started to draw her sleeping figure beside the window as her hair is gently blown by the wind, that's how I remembered our first meeting.

 

I was part of the chosen varsity members who were going off-campus to promote the university and our varsity teams and sports. One of the schools where we promoted on was her school.

 

My team entered their classroom and we noticed that everyone looked tired, probably from their acads since it was completion week before their final exam.

 

Every student in that classroom was stooping over their desks except for one person beside the window at the back part of the room. She was peacefully sleeping, her head rested on her left hand. I knew when my heart skipped a beat, there's a part of me that wants to know anything and everything about her.

 

"Class president." Their adviser called out but no one answered.

 

That's when I saw her seatmate nudge her and she woke up. Her seatmate whispered something and she probably figured out what was happening so she stood up.

 

"Yes, miss?"

 

God! Her voice was heavenly.

 

"Take care of the class for me. The students from S. University are here to promote their school." Their adviser instructed and she gave an assuring nod.

 

The teacher exited and she looked at us first with a smile before she asked everyone to stand up and greet us.

 

The whole time we were in the classroom, I can't seem to take my eyes off her. Even during my part for promotion as I talked, my eyes would keep on landing back to where she is seated.

 

In the end, I was not able to find out what her name was. All I knew was she is the class president and I hoped she'd enrol in our university.

That's when the following academic year came and my wish came true. I saw her and she's even my classmate in two subjects. I learned her name and I even get to talk to her sometimes.

 

The thing is, I never truly got close to her because I had a different schedule with her since I'm a Junior but thanks to irregular classes, I get to meet her twice every Tuesdays and Thursdays.

 

Yesterday, I've overslept and was almost late. I got out of the taxi and I saw her running towards our classroom. Her shoelace was untied and I was worried that she might trip so I hurried and ran after her. Good thing, she didn't trip and I caught up with her at the door. I was supposed to stay like a meter away but probably, my adrenaline drew me to her and her hand on the knob.

 

I should've talked to her but 'Gangnam Style' was threatening so I just had to wait for Arts and Humanities to get to talk to her casually. It did happen that same day.

 

But when I saw her puffy eyes yesterday, I had the urge to hug her but I know she might find me weird and crazy so I just didn't.

 

When I find the right time which I hope it's today, I'll take the chance to get close to her as I'll slowly approach her.

 

And when I'd finally complete my sketch, I'd show it to her and confess.

 

I just hope it works.