Chapter 10: 8:00

Untimely Love

Ehlarie Kate's P.O.V.

It was too late for me to realize that I was wearing shorts and a sweater, which is kind of useless as I can't use it to cover my legs, when I felt the cold breeze of the autumn night.

 

I was already at the gate's subdivision and I didn't want to go back. I just continued on my way since the pharmacy is a few blocks away from our subdivision.

 

Before going to the pharmacy, I dropped by the nearest bank to withdraw some cash from my account using my ATM card.

 

As I entered the ATM area of the bank, I noticed a guy smoking outside. I ignored it but it kind of felt eerie when he looked at me. I know I'm not supposed to be judgemental but I felt scared for a second. I quickly took my card and punched in the keys as well as the amount. Soon as I finished, I walked out in a fast pace and directed my eyes towards the pharmacy a block away.

 

 

Calvin Ian's P.O.V.

I was supposed to go home immediately but I remembered that I borrowed some notes from a friend and promised to return it today. I decided to drop by her house before going home.

 

So after dropping by their house, I went my way while thinking of how I was supposed to start a conversation once I add Ehlarie on facebook and she accepts my request.

 

My thoughts were cut short when I saw her walking towards a bank. I even blinked more than twice to check whether I am dreaming or not. But I wasn't.

 

It really is Ehlarie Kate! I was supposed to walk towards the bank when a saw a guy smoking outside. He had rugged features and was wearing a black hoodie and rugged pants. I observed him for a while and it felt weird to see him looking inside the bank. I followed his eyes and he was looking at Ehlarie.

 

My eyes were still darted on Ehlarie and I saw her going out quickly from the bank. She went head on and walked towards the left. For a moment, I thought the guy was just looking but I saw him following her. What's going on?

 

There was a sudden rush in my whole system and my feet started to move towards them. I'm kind of far but I had the urge to just follow them for now, something in me is telling me to do so. I'm not sure if Ehlarie noticed that someone was following her but she was walking fast and then the guy stopped walking.

 

Ehlarie went to the pharmacy and if my eyes are not failing me, she bought an ointment and some pain killers. Is she sick?

 

Soon as she paid for the meds, she walked towards our direction, me and the rugged man. I was a few meters away but I heard the guy catcall her.

 

"Hey, y! Want some company?"

 

Ehlarie ignored it and kept walking but the guy followed her and was soon holding her arm.

 

"Let go." She said, her voice full but I could sense her fear.

 

"Oh come on . You're out at night with that outfit. I suppose you're here for a--"

 

I heard a loud slap and the guy was holding his cheeks.

 

"Hey, mister! Don't you dare call me names. And you don't have the right to comment about the way I dress. I am not asking for a if I wear shorts! I simply wear what's in my closet. Fix your brain." She bellowed and turned to leave.

 

The guy laughed and the following words frightened me which made me run to her.

 

"What a fighter. Let's see if you could talk that way after what I'm about to do with you." His voice was creepy and he forcefully grabbed her hand just in time I came.

 

"Let her go." I commanded as I tried to remove his grip on her hand. He was too strong so I had to punch his nose. When I succeeded, I held on to Ehlarie's hand tighter and just like that, we run away from the creep who was wailing in pain as he cursed us.

 

We kept running without looking back. I didn't know why our feet took us to the park but we arrived there and yet we were still running.

 

"Ca-calvin." I heard her call out and her hands held my hand tighter. We slowly stopped as we arrived at a bench under the street light.

 

We were both gasping for air and our hands are still intertwined with each other. But I felt her let go of my hand as she sat down. I was holding on to my knees as I was panting then I saw her bare feet. It had some scratches and is bloody.

 

I slowly knelt and held her right foot. She must've lost her slippers while we were running and she didn't even complain.

 

"I-I'm okay," she shyly said while I was still holding her foot.

 

"No, you're not. You should've told me sooner. You've got a lot of wounds right here." I fretted as I took my handkerchief from my pocket.

 

"Sorry. I just- I was just too scared," she muttered as I hear her sniffling. I raised my head and saw her tears rolling down her cheeks.

 

I panicked and probably, it was my heart...or still the adrenaline that made my reflex move towards her and give her a hug.