Chapter 6: 4:25

Untimely Love

"When did you start going out with him?" I asked as we walk on the hallway. She stopped on her tracks but didn't face me.

 

"Two days ago." She admitted and I figured that was the reason why she wasn't around us for the past two days. And Eron hadn't been hanging out with my brother.

 

"When do you plan to tell me?"

 

"I knew you'd figure anyway but I did try to tell you. I was just afraid I might hurt you. I know you like Eron and I'm aware it'll hurt you." She replied and I felt betrayed.

 

"So you just waited for me to figure it out? Don't tell me you planned the scene at the hallway right after our class this morning?"

 

"For Pete’s sake, Ehlarie! I liked him first!" She faced me and she was red in madness.

 

Shouldn't I be the one who's supposed to be mad? I was about to talk back but I saw her tears fall.

 

"I liked him even before you came in the university. Eron had been my source of inspiration ever since the day he helped me at the gym during practice." She confessed but I could care less.

 

I liked Eron ever since middle school. He had been my brother's childhood best friend and had been my friend, too.

 

"I don't think you even have the right to be mad at me because honestly, you have no commitment with him. I didn't tell you the truth because I know you liked him. I didn't tell you the truth because I considered you as a friend and a sister."

 

I know that. But she could've just told me the truth. Maybe if she did, I wouldn't be nursing this kind of wound in my heart right now.

 

"So I'm sorry but I won't let Eron go. He chose me. I confessed to him and we're finally dating. I won't lose him this time because I know he sees me in a special and affectionate way." I could see that there was finality with her words. Had I seen her feelings then, I might have distanced myself especially if I knew Eron liked her, too.

 

"I clearly told you that I liked him. And for that reason, I believe I deserved to know the truth or hear an explanation. I also consider you as my friend and my sister so I felt so betrayed when you assured me you liked Calvin not Eron and now it turns out that you've lied to me all this time. You could've just been honest and believe it or not, I wouldn't have interrupted your blossoming affection with Eron even if it hurts me because I'd rather lose an uncertain romance than lose a good friend." I was crying then and I just wiped it off.

 

We were both enveloped in silence for a while before I broke the ice.

 

"I hope you take care of Eron and I sincerely hope you'd both be happy." I said and went back to the gym.