Chapter 16: Our time?

Untimely Love

Calvin Ian's P.O.V.

Things happened in a flash: from the time I missed her once I woke up early this morning, then my half-Korean cousins' request of dining at their favourite Korean restaurant while my mind kept on thinking of her, to meeting her coincidentally through Czardon.

                                  

Once I saw the burn on Ehlarie's hand after we both froze for a minute, surprised to see each other there, I immediately ran outside to buy some ointment. She seems to be prone to accidents and 'pain' and I don't like that, seeing her that way makes me want to protect her even more.

 

Soon as I went back, Gran and the twins are already seated with Ehlarie and Aleah. My heart started to beat fast as I neared their table. Although I’ve been hoping to share a meal with Ehlarie, I never imagined it would turn out this way.

 

"Come here and join us. We decided to share the table with them. I learned that you are schoolmates." Gran said and my 'schoolmates' just smiled at me.

 

"How's your hand?" I asked her as I took the empty seat beside her.

 

“It stings a little but I am okay.” She assured but I don’t feel that way.

 

I took her hand and she kind of protested but I was too focused on her burn that I insisted to take her hand and nurse it.

 

“My grandson is caring that way,” I heard Gran compliment me so I just smiled.

 

“Oppa, is she your girlfriend?” Czarina asked out of nowhere and I could feel my cheeks burning.

 

“Sh—she’s…well she is my friend.” I stammered as I placed the ointment on her hand quickly but gently.

 

“But you really look good together just like the boy and girl in the drama that Mamu and I watched yesterday. Right, Mamu?” Czarina insisted.

 

“I guess you love watching dramas. I usually watch dramas when I also have time.” Ehlarie commented and Czarina started to name dramas she has watched with Grandma.

 

I slowly placed her hand on the table then she looked at me.

 

“Thank you.” She whispered and I just nodded.

 

As I watch her every move…I wondered…Can this actually be the start of the time I’ve been praying for? Of the time my heart really longs for? Of OUR TIME?