Chapter 11: 8: 45 P.M.

Untimely Love

Ehlarie Kate's P.O.V.

I realized that I was already crying when Calvin held me in his arms. I could hear his heart beat against my ears. I knew it was because of all the running that made his heart pump that way but something in me felt warm when I heard it. His heartbeat felt like a melody and I didn’t want to stop hearing it.

 

"I'm sorry. You're okay now." He kept whispering as he slowly brushed my hair.

 

We stayed that way for a few more minutes then it kind of felt awkward when I stopped crying. He must've felt it, too, so he slowly pulled away and looked at me directly in my eyes.

 

"I hope to never see your tears again." He said as he wiped the remnants of my tears from my eyes to my cheeks.

 

"Th-thanks." I mumbled as he went down on his knees again to look at my wounds. I saw him take out an alcohol in his backpack and slowly applied it on my foot.

 

I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming in pain. I even closed my eyes so I won't tear up once again.

 

"It's done. And I hope you don't hurt yourself anymore." He said as he took a seat beside me. I just looked down, at my feet, which had a handkerchief bandage.

 

"That was brave of you to scold a and a catcaller but it was too dangerous, at the same time." He sighed and I looked at him.

 

Our eyes met and his eyes glowed due to the light from the street lamp. He smiled at me and I was aware my lips curved into a smile.

 

"Thank you...for being there and for protecting me." I told him and he smiled even more, his dimple showing.

 

"Anything for a lovely lady." He mumbled but I understood it.

 

"It’s getting late. I'll walk you home." He suggested and stood up but I didn't move. I realized I had no slippers on my right foot.

 

We both looked at my feet and chuckled.

 

"This won't do. Get on my back." He commanded and sat in front of me, his back facing me. He was already carrying his backpack in front.

 

"I...I don't think that’s needed." I was too embarrassed to get on his back that I said that stupidly.

 

"And how do you suppose you'll be able to go home? Shall I carry you like my bride then?" He suggested and started to stand up when I held on to his shoulders.

 

"Piggy back is more than enough." I said, my cheeks feel hot.

 

"Is this kind of situation considered a point to earn your friendship?" Calvin said out of nowhere and I knew I blushed to that.

 

"Probably."

 

"Then are we friends?"

 

"Sure, we are."