Chapter 15: 9:00

Untimely Love

Ehlarie Kate's P.O.V.

'Jogging in the morning makes your body healthy. Jogging with a friend you consider as a sister makes your heart healthy. #sisterlybonding #joggingisabonding #sistergoals #friendshipgoals

 

While waiting for Aleah at Starbucks, I searched for the image posted by Rayah this morning which made Aleah panic.

 

It was a misunderstanding in the first place since the reason why I wasn't able to answer her calls was that I was at the garden with Eron and I left my phone in my room.

 

Although it was a misunderstanding, something about Rayah's post made me feel like there was something wrong. It felt like the post and its caption was intentionally uploaded for a specific person to see and get hurt, not that I'm saying that's me but it seems that way.

 

"Sorry, Cherry bumped into mom's vase so I had to clean it up or else she'll be selling my lovely dog to anyone." Aleah apologized as she sat down across my seat.

 

"There's a misunderstanding on that IG post." She commented and I realized I still haven't exited Rayah's post.

 

"I figured." I agreed and she seems to be too mad about something.

 

"I really think we need to let Rayah know that she can't break us apart after she hurt you with Eron being her boyfriend. I mean...why does it seem like she wants to take away everything you value in life? I don't get her." She raved.

 

"Just let her be. I don't really care anymore. It's not as if she can make me fall." I avowed and I heard a clapping across me.

 

"Wow! Is that you, Rie?" As if amazed, Aleah kept clapping.

 

"That's my hungry version. Come on, let's find something to eat. I'm starving because of your misleading kitkat call." I joked and she just laughed it off.

 

We went out of Starbucks and found ourselves going to our favourite Korean restaurant.

 

"By the way, you seem to be walking indifferently." She noticed and asked right away as we started grilling.

 

I told her the whole story and her reaction was a mix of shock, fear, and excitement.

 

"Finally! Calvin is truly happening in your life and I hope you see that!" She chimed. I just shook my head and stood up to get some kimchi.

 

"Whatever you're saying." I said before I left our table.

 

The side dishes today are fresh and the soup smelled so good that I can't help myself from taking not only kimchi but also that Korean soup.

 

As I marched my way back to our table, with some kimchi and two bowls of soup in a tray on my hand, a little boy ran in front of me and I lost my grip on the heavier part of the tray so it slipped out of tray.

 

"Oh my...I'm sorry. Are you alright?" I panicked as I put down the tray and checked the little boy in front of me.

 

He seems to be shocked but he wasn't crying. I checked him twice and I was thankful he wasn't hurt.

 

"I'm really alright. But what about your hand?" The little kid pointed at my left hand and I got a burn.

 

I seem to be getting hurt a lot these past few days. I sighed and smiled at the little kid.

 

"I'll be fine," I assured and just then, Aleah came.

 

"Rie!"        "Czardon!"

 

Aleah wasn't looking at me and the little boy anymore so I followed her eyes and I saw a guy in pink sweater and my heart felt a familiar rhythm.

 

"Ehlarie?"

 

"Calvin?"