Chapter 17: A week or so…

Untimely Love

Ehlarie’s P.O.V.

 

“Hello?” I said as I answered his call.

 

“I’m already at the gym. I’ll wait for you at the same place.” He said and I nodded.

 

“Okay, I’ll be there in less than five minutes.” I said and ended the call.

 

Ever since that incident at the restaurant happened, I kept on bumping with Calvin a lot lately and every time we have a conversation, I just feel like we were meant to connect…to be friends.

 

And since he is a part of the table tennis team, he usually talks about the sports and I kind of developed interest in it so when he offered to teach me how to play, I didn’t even think twice and accepted it.

 

Today’s the second time we’re meeting for a tutorial and I am really determined to learn the fastest way I can.

 

Soon as I got to the gym, I saw several varsity players as well who are training for their field. I turned towards the left side of the gym until I saw the tennis room.

 

I searched for the room where we agreed to meet and soon as I found it, I held on the knob but I stopped midway.

 

What made me stop? It was the scene playing at the moment in the practice room. From the small glass on the door, I caught sight of a familiar person I haven’t seen for some time. She was in her cheerleader outfit holding a racket and playing with Calvin.

 

I don’t understand why the scene kind of tore something in my heart. I looked at them for a while before I mustered the courage to open the door.

 

“You’re here!” Calvin exclaimed with much joy, or was it just me who thinks that way?

 

“Hi-i.” I greeted and I heard Rayah clearing .

 

“I didn’t know it was you whom Calvin had been talking about for the past few minutes.” Rayah commented and smiled at me.

 

“I wasn’t aware you were with someone, Calvin. I’ll probably just come here next time.” I was about to excuse myself but I felt a hand gently pull mine.

 

“Please stay,” he whispered.

 

“Hey, it’s okay. I just kind of dropped by to ask how my old friend has been lately. I’ll go ahead,” Rayah interjected and went off without waiting for our reply.

 

“I’m sorry.” Calvin mumbled which made me face him.

 

“For what? It’s—that’s …Never mind. That’s no big deal.” I assured but I saw him press his lips together before looking at me and plastering a smile on his face.

 

“Shall we start? Here’s your racket.” He handed the racket on my hand that he was still holding. Soon as I took it, he gently released my hand.

 

“O-okay.”