Chapter 22: Untimely Love

Untimely Love

Ehlarie Kate’s P.O.V.

At 7:27 in the morning, I was racing with the clock as I reached for the doorknob. Econ had really created a deep fear in me so I really make my best effort not to be late in class.

 

Soon as I entered the room, I felt someone staring so I looked around. I froze when my eyes met his. But he looked away just like that.

 

“Something’s not right. I saw that.” Aleah commented as I took my seat.

 

“Not now, Aleah.” I said and she didn’t insist.

 

I never really got the chance to talk to Calvin after what happened. I wasn’t able to say sorry for not meeting up with him. I wasn’t able to explain to him because shame and fear is eating me. I know…I know I developed some feelings for him but I was afraid of where that’s going to bring me. I did attempt to talk to him but I guess I have hurt him, too, so he just won’t talk to me anymore.

 

I figured it was better that way. I’m not going to stay here for a long time anyway so why bother? I didn’t want to put us both in a situation where we’ll only hurt and hate each other even more. So I guess, we’re better off this way.

 

 

Calvin Ian’s P.O.V.

I wish she would pursue talking to me. I wish she would just run after me and explain why things turned out this way. I guess, I expected too much. Probably, all those feelings I saved for years will never be reciprocated at all. But who am I to judge? And I can’t just give up this way. I want to understand her and I want to give it a final shot before I say it’s over. Before I tell myself to really stop.

 

 

Ehlarie Kate’s P.O.V.

After Arts and Humanities class, Calvin gave me an envelope before he left the room. That was the first time he said “hi” and the first time he looked at me for quite some time.

 

I immediately opened the envelope and saw an invitation card. It was a Table Tennis Tournament in our sister schools this Saturday. It was also the same sports event Eron will be attending as he sent me the invitation last night. Sadly, it was an event I’m afraid I couldn’t go to.

 

 

--*--*--*--Saturday--*--*--*--

Ehlarie Kate’s P.O.V.

“Ready to go?” Dad asked and I nodded as we closed the door of our house forever.

 

I know leaving this place where I grew up would be difficult but if this will make things better for me and my family, I’m willing to risk.

 

As I hailed Dad’s van, with Ace, Jace and Uncle Sam, I could feel a lamp in my throat but I tried to push this emotion down. I didn’t want to shed a single tear.

 

I called Aleah this morning and she cursed me for telling her everything this late. I can’t blame her. It’s just that I didn’t want sad goodbyes. Goodbyes are better done shortly so it wouldn’t hurt.

 

Then I thought of Calvin and everything that connected us. I thought of all those times I stumbled and he held me up. I thought I’ll never fall in love again but I guess, Calvin proved me wrong. And now, I’m leaving him just like that.

 

 

Calvin Ian’s P.O.V.

I guess I wasn’t that important to her at all. The game started and ended. But I never saw her. I double-checked to see if I missed her among the crowd but my eyes never failed me. My expectations did.

 

Maybe I lost the right timing to tell her how I felt. Or maybe we were never really meant to be together in the first place.

 

I left the gym with a heavy heart but I couldn’t help myself from thinking why she never cared to explain. Why she never tried to tell me what was going on in her mind. Why she never said straight to my face that she didn’t like me.

 

I looked outside the bus’ window to try to get some fresh air and I felt the bus move in a weird way. I tried to figure out the situation and I saw a truck approaching us. Just before I heard a loud screech and lost consciousness, Ehlarie’s sleeping figure crossed my mind.