Chapter one: 7:27

Untimely Love

Ehlarie Kate Crisologo's P.O.V

I looked at my wrist watch and it read 7:24. My heart beat raced in anxiousness because I only had 6 minutes left.

There was a heavy traffic going to the parking lot of the school and I can see the school gate 12 meters away from where Ace's car stopped.

"Ace. I think I'm going to make a run. I'll just see you at school, okay?" I said and didn't wait for his reply as I opened the car door.

"Sis! Your shoelace is untied!" I heard him shout but I had no time to look at and fix my shoelace. My eyes were fixed at the school gate, my hands becoming colder.

I needed to make it in my room at exactly 7:30 or else my Economics teacher would make me sing and dance 'Oppa Gangnam Style.' Yeah, pretty good kind of morning exercise but not for me, not for all the late students in Econ because it gave them a bad memory of college...of their freshmen year. That was because they gained not only humiliation from dancing the infectious song but also gained fear from our Econ teacher whose words are harsher than harsh.

I looked at my wrist watch as I reach my classroom, 7:27. 3 minutes more and I'll be dead.

Soon as my hand landed on the doorknob, someone else's hand reached for it too.

I closed my eyes out of shock thinking that it was my Econ teacher but I heard a panting beside me and the hand over mine was loose.

I slowly lifted my head and opened my eyes as I looked at a guy's smiling face.

"Hi!" He greeted and I think I got lost for a moment there. All I know was, I was staring at his eyes and his smile kind of felt warm.

The bell suddenly rang and I was snapped out of the tiny bit of spacing out into his eyes. I snatched my hand away from the doorknob, allowing him to hold on to it.

"We might be late. I-I'm going in first." I said and he opened the door for me.

Soon as I entered, he also did and we both walked side by side, even when I thought I was walking a little too fast.

Aleah, my best friend, waved her hand with a suspicious look and I just shrugged it off as I took my seat.

"What was that? Did I just see how Calvin Ian Estarez happened in your life?" Aleah asked with a meaningful look.

I was about to open my mouth to reply but I saw the door open. Behold our Econ teacher and at her back, following her, are three of my classmates who were late.

It's Gangnam style for them. I guess I was saved by the bell.