Birthday

Single Daddy In Love

 

Bomi POV
 

As soon as we reach home, Aunt and I prep the ingredients for baking the cake. I was so excited as it was my first time baking. Aunt told me that tomorrow was omma’s birthday and that my appa had forgotten about it. I was quite angry at first but knowing that we’re gonna bake a cake for her, I cool down. Aunt helped me put on my princess apron that I chose at the department store. I must say that I looked pretty in it.

“Hello girls!” exclaimed appa as soon as he got into the kitchen.

“You’re early appa? Aunt says you’re gonna be late…” I asked.

“Ahh…Your YG harabuji asked me to go home fast as he knew I’ll be baking with his precious granddaughter…He didn’t want to keep you waiting…” giggled appa.

“I shall thank him when I see him at the studio then…”

When appa and Aunt were talking, I remembered the apron that I chose for appa….”Appa, here I got you an apron…It’s the same as Aunt, isn’t it cute?”

“Awww how thoughtful of you darling…Appa have never used couple stuff before…How smart of you Bomi…” commented appa.

“Well, your daughter insisted of getting a couple apron for us cos she said that Han Byul told her a secret and she have to follow it or something…do you know anything about this Seunghyun?” asked Aunt to appa.

Appa looked at me with a confused look…”Appa doesn’t know anything…It’s between me and Aunt Han Byul okay…Well can we start now? Let us not waste time!”

“Arasso, Arasso…But before we start, let us take a picture first shall we?” suggested appa.

Appa took a selca shot of there of us together. Appa and Aunt were behind while I was in between them….”We looked like a family! Appa, Aunt and me! It’ll be good if Aunt can become my mum right appa?”

“Appa is okay with it but….”….appa put his arm around Aunt’s shoulder….”Aunt doesn’t like appa, she likes Uncle Yunho better…” teased appa.

“True True…too bad Bomi won’t get a mummy…” I added

Aunt gave appa and me a deep stare…”You two little devils should stop your nonsense or else…no no more baking!”

“YES SIR!” appa and I shouted in unison making Aunt burst into laughter.

We started out by putting all the ingredients together like Aunt instructed. Appa was in charge of mixing while I was in charge of putting in the ingredients. Ever since we got a small scolding earlier, appa and I became serious and were totally concentrating in doing our task. We also were reminded that we’re baking the cake for the special person in appa and my life. After much mixing, aunt poured the mixture into the moulds and placed it in the oven. I clapped in excitement as I see the cake bubbling away in the oven from the glass cover.

“Okay the cake is ready to be decorated!” called out Aunt when Appa and me were watching tv while waiting for the cake to cool down.

“What are gonna do little bunny? You want to put pink or white frosting?” asked Aunt.

I looked up at appa…”What is omma’s favourite colour, appa?”

“Hmmm…between pink and white, she prefers pink…just like your favourite colour,” smiled appa.

“Pink then Aunt…” I chose.

Aunt left us to decorate the cake while she stood by our side watching. Appa and I drew things that omma like. I hope she will be impressed tomorrow. It would be the first time I’m going to omma’s grave after coming back to Korea and I just can’t wait to be there.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

~~~ POV

After helping to wash up Bomi after the baking session, Seunghyun and I tuck her to bed. She gave a good night kiss to the both of us before bed. Seeing how Bomi treats us, I can’t wait for my baby boy to come out soon.

“I ran the bath for you…you can take a long soak now….” said Seunghyun as we walked out of Bomi’s room.

“Cinca? When did you do it?” I asked in surprise.

“When you were helping Bomi with her bath…Go and take a rest, I added some scented oil too…the sales girl said it is relaxing for pregnant mums…I hope it works.”

“Thank you Seunghyun, it was thoughtful of you. I appreciate it lots.”

“Well you helped me out with the cake right; this is just a gesture of saying thank you to you. Before you go in…are you following us tomorrow?” he asked.

“Yup sure…no problem. I think I have not much plans tomorrow at work…You can pick me during lunch…”

“Okay then, I will come by your office tomorrow….”…Seunghyun came closer to me and gave a peck on my cheeks…”Goodnight babe…”

“Wow its nice getting a good night kiss once in a while…”… I smiled…”Goodnight to you too…”

“Well that was not basically a kiss…that’s a peck you know…peck on the cheeks”  He smirked.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I mean by this…”….Seunghyun swift in and with his both hands on my shoulder, he landed his lips on mine. I was caught off-guard and my eyes were blinking as his lips stayed still on mine….”This is what I mean. K-I-S-S, Kiss.” He stared at me with his y eyes and hands still on me, he did another quick one…”Goodnight babe…” With that, he left me still stood still in front of my bedroom while he went into his.

Suddenly, a broad smile inched its way across my face and strangely I felt oddly lightheaded. I could hear the beat of my heart thumping fast. Am I feeling butterflies in my stomach? As I touch my lips, the scene flashes in my mind again. What is this feeling I’m having right now? Did I just flutter with Seunghyun’s touch?

………………………………………………

The next morning I woke up extra early for work so that I could finish up the office work before lunch. After dressing up, I went to see if the two was still sleeping. As usual, Bomi wasn’t up yet since it was only 7 am. I took a slight peep through Seunghyun’s bed room door. I laughed inwardly seeing the young father sleeping with his arms and legs spread out all over the bed. I guessed he must be tired from the work he had done the last few days.

I went in and pick up his blanket that was on the floor; spreading it on him. “Aigoo how could he sleep without this in this cold weather…” I his hair and quietly went out of the room.

Upon reaching the office, I set myself up before the start of my work. I was surprised by a pack breakfast on my table and a tumbler of camomile tea. Next to it was a note.

To ~~~ noona,

I made this early in the morning for you. Hope you like it...I apologies if it’s not that tasty. I’ll be meeting the clients so I will not be in the office. I’ll be back for lunch time. We shall go lunch together okay! Love ya…

Xoxo

Yunho.

My heart felt contented after reading the note. It was nice of him to make this for me. I munch onto the food that he made and start my morning.

Hours later, I received a knock on the door. As he opened the door, I could smell a familiar scent of cologne. It was so strong that I knew who it belonged to.

“Seunghyun!” I suddenly called out without seeing who was at the door.

“Yunho noona, Yunho…”

I looked up to see Yunho in front of me. I was speechless seeing his presence after calling another guy’s name which I knew he was not fond of.

“Bian…I thought it was Seunghyun…That cologne of yours smells like his. He always sprays loads on it before he goes out…”

“Kwenchana…I just bought a new cologne. I  guess it must be the same has his…”

“Really? Use it often…I like the smell…”I smiled.

“Hmmm so are you ready? Shall we go now?” asked Yunho.

“Ready for what?” I looked at him in a confused manner.

“Lunch…It’s already 12…See you neglect the timing again. I told you not to do so much work before…”

“When did you ask me out for lunch? I don’t remember you asking me…”

“It’s on the note noona. I said that I’ll be coming back to the office to take you out. Didn’t you read it?

I capped my hands on my face as I remembered the note…”Ah I forgot about it! I’m so sorry…I was supposed to text you about it but it slipped of my mind! Gosh!”

“Why you have plans already?”

“About that…” I nod giving my answer.

“It’s okay then…but may I know with who?”

Suddenly a knock came, we both looked at the door to see who it was.

“Are you ready? Let’s go…” said Seunghyun as soon as opened the door.

Yunho turned and look at me…“You’re going out with him?” He furrowed.

“Am I interrupting something?” asked Seunghyun.

“No you’re not…I just got done with my work…Give me a moment will ya?”

“Okay then…I wait for you in the car…Come down when you’re done okay.” Seunghyun left the room leaving the Yunho and I alone again.

“Are you angry?” I said as I caress his face.

“No…There is nothing to be angry about right…”he answered.

“I’m really sorry for not texting you…I apologise for that. I was caught up with work and you know what they say about pregnant women…They tend to forget things a lot. I promise Seunghyun and noona to accompany them to visit Bom’s grave. It’s her birthday today. I can’t break the promise especially when it’s Bomi.”

“I understand noona…It’s okay. We have other times to go lunch together…Hurry up and don’t keep them waiting…”

“How about I make it up to you…Let’s go dinner. I think I will be back on time for it…”

“That sounds great…Dinner then. I’ll make reservation at the place where we all love to go with hyung…”

“No problem…I’m okay with it…”

He took my coat and put it on me.  I gave him a hug before I went off. 

“Love ya noona…See ya later” he said as he kissed my forehead.

“Hmmm…arasso…”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Seunghyun POV

“Ah…we’re here.” A smiled beam on my face as we reached Bom’s grave. I cleared away the some of the grasses around it and cleaned her picture with my handkerchief. “Look who is here Bom….”

I turned around and took Bomi’s hand as she walks forward…”Annyong hasehyo Omma…It’s Bomi,” she greeted.

~~~ helped to place the cake and the bouquet of her favourite flowers in front of her grave. The three of us then bow in respect to the deceased.

“Seunghyun-ah, I leave you guys here so that you can spend some family time together. I’ll be at the church up front…Just give me a call when you guys are done…”said ~~~.

“Arasso, be careful. Just wait at the church till we finish…” She gave a nod and walked away  to the church.

“So Bomi, shall we start? Let us sing the Birthday song for omma okay!” I lit up the candles on the cake and we started singing soon after.

“Saengil Chukahamnida Omma! Bomi hope that omma is doing well. Don’t stop coming to my dreams okay. I love it when you appear. I’m growing up day by day. Appa said I’m gonna look like you as I grow.  okay. I love it when you appear. I’m growing up day by day. Appa said I’m gonna look like you when I’m big. Saranghae omma…” wished Bomi.

“Appa it’s your turn…Ah you should apologised to omma cos you forgot about her birthday…Say sorry okay…”she reminded.

“Arasso…”…I chuckled as I pinched her cheeks…”Saengil Chukahamnida my love…Bian that I forgot all about it…You know how am I when I work right…Hope you’re doing well up there. I can’t deny that I miss you. Here…raising our child alone…I was scared,”….Suddenly tears started to tear down my eyes…”I’m scared that I will forget about you, your love for me and how important you were in my life. After forgetting your birthday, I realise that I’m really moving forward. I love her more each day and I’m scared that I will lose her. I’m sorry Bom, I’m really really sorry…She’s replacing you in my heart and I feel guilty for it. Eotteoke Bom-ah? Eotteoke?”

Bomi wiped away my tears and embrace me in a hug…”Don’t cry appa…Omma will be sad. Don’t feel bad for liking Aunt. I think omma really wants you to love her…Maybe omma made a request to send an angel like Aunt to us appa…”

“You think she did?”

“Hmmm...”…She nods...”Didn’t appa say that omma is a nice person? She wouldn’t want to hurt us right. I just know in me that omma approves of Aunt…”

“Appa feels that too…It’s alright to love Aunt right…”

“Yea appa…” She smiled.

“Come let’s say goodbye to omma…Aunt must be waiting for us…”

We bid our farewell and headed off to meet ~~~.

…………………………………….......................................................................................................................................................

Yunho POV

It was 6.30 when I reached the restaurant. Noona and I were supposed to meet at 7 but as a gentleman, I came much earlier. The waiter brought me to the table which was reserved for us two.

“Would you like anything to drink sir while waiting?” asked the waitress.

“Yes please, a glass of your house red wine will do…And I requested the special menu dinner, you may serve when my girlfriend comes…”I ordered.

“No problem sir…We’ll do that. Please wait for a moment while I get your drinks…”

Hours past and the amount of glasses of wine I had have exceeded more than 10. I looked at the door to see if it was her coming in but each time it opened, I got disappointed. My phone has not ringed once and the last message I received was 5 hours ago. The sun has set within the whole time I was there.

“Sir, we are closing the restaurant soon…D-Do you want me to serve your din-ner? You’ve been waiting for hours…” said the waiter.

Feeling pissed and embarrassed, I took my coat and walked off from the restaurant. I went into my car and the engine….”UGHHH Yunho! You’ve been ditched again!” I shouted and drive off to my friend’s club.


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry for the late update guys...been busy...

Here's a quite a long update..Hope you guys like it!

Well my story won't end that soon just for your info...Appreciate the love and comments my awesome readers!

Will do aonther update over the weekends!

Secondly for those of you guys who are N (VIXX) & Eunyoung (Two X) Shippers...A very close unnie of mine have started on making a new fanfic about them!

Please read and support her ! Tittle: Never Again