"Whatever happens, don't leave me, okay?"

Pretending becomes Reality

 

"Excuse me? Do you know what the destination of that plane is? The one that just departed..?" Sunny asked a flight attendant.

The flight attendant looked at the big window and hesitated. "If I am not mistakened, that plane is going to Narita."

Sooyoung hesitated. "That's the airport in Tokyo, right?"

"Yes." The flight attendant smiled.

Sunny and Sooyoung looked at each other.

"I see.." Sunny said. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." The flight attendant smiled at them then left.

 

Sooyoung and Sunny went back to Tiffany.

Fany was still looking through the large window, dumbfounded.

 

"The girl said that plane is going to Narita Airport in Tokyo." Sooyoung told Tiffany. 

Tiffany didn't say anything.

"...But..the flight attendant said she wasn't sure.." Sunny tried to cheer her up. "Let's try to check it again."

 

"No." Tiffany said in a very low voice. "It's okay."

 

Sooyoung and Sunny looked at her. Tiffany's eyes were red and teary.

"Are you okay, Tiffany?" Sooyoung worried.

"I'm fine.." Tiffany tried to smile but her voice wasn't steady. "I think we should go home and rest."

Sooyoung studied her closely. She can see how hurt Tiffany was.

"Alright. Let's go back." Sooyoung sighed.

They started walking.

 

The airport was very busy and noisy but Tiffany can't hear them. She feels like she lost all of her energy. 

Fany was suddenly bumped and she clumsily fell on the floor.

Tiffany stood up slowly, waiting for an apology like "Sorry, I didn't see you.." but instead, she heard:

 

 

 

 

"Hey guys, why are you still here??" 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany knew that voice. She thought she was just hearing voices but when she looked up, she was surprised.

Sooyoung and Sunny were staring at the person in front of them.

 

"Why are you still here?" Sooyoung brings back the question.

"We thought you've left, Taeyeon...?" Sunny said.

 

"Taeyeon." The name repeated on Tiffany's head.

 

"Yeah.. Our flight was delayed." Taeyeon explained. "They said they had to do some maintenance on the plane."

"Woooshh.. We really thought you're gone!" Sooyoung said.

Taeyeon moved her eyes and she saw Tiffany gazing at her.

Sooyoung and Sunny exchanged looks.

"Umm... We'll just buy some drinks." Sunny said. She pulled Sooyoung with her and left.

Taeyeon and Tiffany were alone now.

 

"I'm glad you decided to come." Taeyeon said.

They were looking at each other's eyes.

"At least you came here to see me off.." Taeyeon told her. "I'm happy with that."

Tiffany said nothing.

 

 

"Flight KE4212 will be leaving in 15 minutes. All passengers, please head back to the plane."

 

 

Taeyeon looked up. "I guess I have to go now." 

She looked at Tiffany again and sighed.

 

"Goodbye, Tiffany."

 

 

Taeyeon turned her back and started to leave.

She felt Tiffany's arms wrapped around her. 

 

Taeyeon stopped walking.

 

"Please don't leave.." Tiffany was hugging Taeyeon from the back. "I don't want to lose you."

Her hug went tighter as she cried on Taeyeon's back.

"You can't leave, you hear that?" Tiffany said in between her sobs. "If you really care about me, you won't leave me alone."

Taeyeon slowly turned around and looked at Tiffany.

 

"You're still bossy as before." Taeyeon smiled. She moved closer and hugged Tiffany very tight.

"I missed you." Taeng whispered.

"Will you promise not to leave me again?" Fany asked.

Taeyeon looked into Tiffany's eyes and smiled.

 

 

"I won't. Promise."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*   *   *   *

 

 

 

 

 

[1 week later . .]

 

 

 

 *brrrt brrrrtt*

 

"Hello?" Tiffany answered her phone.

"Hello?? May I speak to Tiffany?"

"It's me."

"You're not Tiffany. I know her. Her voice is much ier than yours."

Fany laughed. "Here you go again, Taeyeon."

"I'm just trying to compliment you." Taeng said.

"You don't need to, honey."

"Kyaaaa~ You really make me blush everytime you call me honey."

"I know." Fany said proudly. "I'm the only one who can call you that."

"Yes, h-o-n-e-y." Taeng laughed. "Are you free today? I have something to give 'ya."

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise! Let's meet at the park near the YG Hospital."

Tiffany paused for a long moment. It was the hospital where her parents died.

"Why there?"

"Just go there~ pwease?"

"...Alright."

"Yaayyy. Wait for me there, okay?"

"Don't make me wait so long, you hear that?"

"Okayy~ Love 'ya, byee."

"I love you too."

 

Taeyeon puts down her phone. She looked at the key necklace on her hand.

"She doesn't know this necklace is still with me." Taeng smiled.

 

"...And she still doesn't know who gave Totoro to her."

 

 

 

 

 

  .    .    .    .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was just a few blocks away from their meeting place when she passed by a cotton candy cart.

Memories instantly flashed back on her head.

 

"Annyeong~ Why are you crying?? ...Do you want some coffon candy?"

"It's cotton, not 'coffon'."

 

Taeng smiled as she remembers it.

She went to the man selling cotton candies and bought some.

Taeng continued walking again afterwards.

 

"What a beautiful weather." Taeng thought happily as she walked under the cherry blossoms.

 

.   .   .

 

Taeyeon started crossing the road. 

When she was already on the sidewalk, she noticed that the necklace was missing.

Taeng searched quickly through her pockets but it wasn't there. She tried looking around her and something shiny caught her eyes.

 

The necklace was on the middle of the road.

 

Taeng thought how she dropped it there but she knew there was no time to hesitate. If a car runs over it, the necklace will break into pieces.

She looked at the stoplight. It was still on red.

Taeyeon wasted no time and quickly ran back to the road.

 

When she reached the middle, the stoplight suddenly turned green.

 

Taeng bent down and grabbed the necklace with her free hand. When she got up again, she heard the vehicles roaring behind her.

Taeng suddenly remembered that she was in the middle of the road. She looked behind her and saw a delivery truck approaching.

Fortunately, the driver of the truck noticed her and slowed down.

Taeyeon took this chance and carefully stepped backwards to move away from the truck.

That moment, Taeyeon thought she was safe.

 

But she was wrong.

 

A car overtakes from behind the truck at full speed, ready to run over her.

When the driver of the car saw her, he tried to hit his brake. But it was too late.

Taeyeon stood there, frozen, unable to move because of shock.

 

 

 

Suddenly, it was silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon found herself lying on the ground. She can feel the dull, numb pain on her head. The blood was starting to flow out from her wound.

Taeng tried to call for help but she could hardly move nor open .

 

People were starting to gather around her.

"Call an ambulance! Quick!!" the people started to panic when they saw the blood spreading out.

The driver of the car went to Taeyeon.

"I'm so sorry!!" he was panicking. "Please hang in there. I'm going to call the medic."

Taeyeon can't understand what he was saying because she was starting to loss her hearing.

She can feel her body getting lighter.

 

"I don't think I can make it, Tiffany." she thought to herself as she feels the blood gushing out of her head.

If Kwon Yuri had saved her from drowning before, this time, she felt like the medics won't make it.

Taeyeon looked at the blue sky above her and smiled.

"We'll still see each other again, right?" 

Taeyeon tried to remember Tiffany's face again for the last time. She thought about her family and friends and felt sorry for them. 

Her vision was slowly fading to white and her eyes were starting to feel heavy.

 

"I can't hold on anymore... Sorry . . "

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon's eyes finally closed.

 

 

 

 

 .   .   .

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany was still at the park, patiently waiting for Taeyeon.

She has no idea that the person she's waiting for was in danger that time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*          *         *

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  3 months later . .

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany went out of the hospital. She was crying.

She can still remember her conversation with the doctor.

 

" . . There are some cases where the patient doesn't wake up. And when we have no choice, that's the time we consider euthanasia. We will remove her life support and"

"Euthanasia?" Tiffany was furious. "Are you trying to tell me that you will kill her if she doesn't wake up?"

"No, I didn't mean that, Miss Hwang. That decision still depends on the family. We just do euthanasia when a patient doesn't wake up for many years. But..."

"If I should give you all the money I have just to keep her alive, then I would do that."

 

Now, Tiffany was thinking of it again as she sat down on the park outside the hospital.

After the accident, Taeyeon went on coma and hasn't woke up until now.

Tiffany was starting to lose hope.

"He said she will wake up after a day or a week. It's been 3 months now." Tiffany thought as she cried.

When Mr. Kim heard about what happened to Taeyeon, he immediately went back to Korea. Heechul wasn't able to go because of his work but still found time to visit his sister. He just flew back to Japan last month.

Their friends also visit Taeyeon once or twice a week. Sooyoung and Sunny were the ones who visits her frequently.

But Tiffany was the one who never left Taeyeon's side.

 

 

 

Fany grabbed something inside her pocket. It was the necklace that she gave Taeyeon. There were still blood stains on it.

 

 

"We found this on her hand . . She was holding this when the accident happened."

 

"Are you free today? I have something to give 'ya . . "

 

 

Fany started to cry again.

"I don't know if I can take it if you die." she thought.

 

Same place. Same hospital.

The fact that her parents died in the same hospital worries her more.

Fany was feeling a sense of déjà vu.

She had lost her loved ones here before.

 

And she was afraid that it might happen again.

 

 

" . . They both died in the accident and you survived, Tiffany."

 

  "Appa!! Don't leave!! Appaaa!!!"

 

Tiffany can still remember how hard and painful it was when her parents died.

She suddenly remembered the little girl she met in the park who gave Totoro to her.

"Where are you now?" she thought. Fany hoped that the little kid will show up again and cheer her up.

But that was 15 years ago. She knew it was impossible.

Tiffany suddenly heard a familiar voice.

 

 

"Why are you crying?"

 

 

Tiffany looked up.

A girl in hospital gown with bandage on her head was standing in front of her. She was holding a cotton candy.

Tiffany suddenly went speechless. Tears began to roll down on her cheeks again.

The girl smiled at her.

 

 

 

"Do you want some coffon candy?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*    *    *

END.

 

 

 

Pretending becomes Reality | 2012 - 2013

ForeverAnonymous

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thank you for reading my fanfiction. Words can't describe how grateful I am. You readers were always there, being patient even though I always update very late. LOL. I hope you enjoyed this one. This fanfic won't be successful without you, guys. Thank you so much.

 

- -