Separate Ways

Pretending becomes Reality

 

 

Taeyeon moved to a different domitory. A smaller and cheaper one. She doesn't have choice but to stay here because it's the only dorm that has vacancy.

And besides, without the money she gets from Tiffany, she couldn't afford to stay at KSY dormitory anymore.

KSY dormitory is one of the expensive dormitories near their school.

It is the finest ladies dormitory --- clean, modern, few occupants, discreet and perhaps, the closest to their school. That's why, most of the occupants there were the rich and popular students. And yet, Kim Taeyeon had to leave it.

 

 

 

"Please sign here." the landlady pointed at the blank on the lower right corner of the paper.

"And here's your key. Your room is at 311. You'll be sharing room with Ms. Bae." she handed the roomkey to Taeyeon.

"Room 311...got it." Taeng signed at the paper and grabbed her luggage.

"Thank you, Miss....?"

"Choi. Gina Choi."

"Thank you, Ms. Choi." Taeng bowed slightly at her then proceeds upstairs.

 

When Taeyeon got to the 3rd floor, she was amused by how the corridor looked like. It was prettier than she thought. Even though the color of the walls were plain white, the windows and its wooden floors are squeaky clean.

 

"Not bad for a cheap dorm." she thought as she walked around.

 

There were many doors along the corridor. And each of them has their room number.

307, 308, 309, 310, 311 . . .

Taeyeon stopped. She stood in front of room 311.

"This is it."

 

 

*knock, knock...*

 

 

"Ms. Bae?" she called out. No one answered.

"I guess she's not in." Taeng thought. She grabbed the door knob and twisted it.

 

And she suddenly remembered the first time she met Tiffany.

 

 

 (( . . . flashback ))

 

 

Taeyeon heads to her new room. She knocks then opens the door.

She saw Tiffany lying on the bed, reading a magazine.

 

"H-Hi. I'm your new roo---"

"I know." Fany kept her eyes on what she's reading.

"I'm Kim Taeyeon. Nice to meet you, Tiffany." she bows.

Fany just kept on reading.

 

 

(( . . . end of flashback . . . ))

 

 

Taeyeon smiled as she remembers it.

"It's all different now." she sighed.

 

"Umm...Excuse me?" a girl called from behind.

 

Taeng turned her head to face her. The girl seemed to be younger than her. She has a dark long hair and is taller than Taeng.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing in front of my room?"

"Your room?" Taeng thought for a second. "Oh, you must be Ms. Bae."

The girl looked closer at her and studied her face. "Wait.. I think I know you..."

"I'm your new roommate. Nice to meet you, I'm---"

"MWOOO!!! I know you! I know you!"

"Huh?" Taeng raised her left eyebrow.

"You're Ms. Hwang's girlfriend right?!! You're-You're Kim Taeyeon!!" she grinned.

"U-Uhh...I think so.."

"Yes you are!" she clapped her hand. "Wow, my roommate is a popular girl!"

Taeyeon faked a smile then scratched her head.

"Oh, by the way, my name is Suzy. Suzy Bae." she smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Suzy." Taeng bowed at her.

"Let's go inside, Taeyeon-unnie~" Suzy opens the door. "Let me help you fix your things."

 

"How did you know me?" Taeng asked curiously.

"You're popular! Everyone knows you."

"Am I?" Taeyeon thought to herself.

Suzy glanced at her. "We're actually in the same class."

"Which one?"

"English class."

Taeyeon thought for a moment.

"It's okay if you don't recognize me." Suzy laughed.

"Sorry.." Taeng gave her a slight smile.

 

 

Suzy helped her fix her things. Then she told Taeyeon about the rules they follow in the dormitory.

 

"Unnie, I thought you stay at KSY dormitory? You're sharing a room with Fany-unnie, right?" Suzy asked curiously.

"Um..well...I can't afford to stay there anymore. The rates at KSY is high, you know...." Taeng laughed awkwardly.

"Good thing you chose to stay here. Even though the building looks old, it is very cheap here and the people are nice too." she smiled.

"Yeah, I can see that. It's nice and clean here."

"Mm." Suzy nodded. "Because everyone here cleans. Every week, we do cleaning on our own rooms. And then, the cleanest room of all will get a 10% discount."

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows. "Wow. Then it must be hard for you because you were alone in this room?"

"Yes, kinda." Suzy laughed. "But now, I already have a companion~"

"Yeah. Let's work hard to get more discounts." Taeng said dorkily.

 

They both laughed together.

 

"I think it's nice to stay at KSY. We think of KSY dormitory as the ulzzang students' dorm because most of the campus heartthrobs are there."

"Not really. . ." Taeng thought as she laughs awkwardly.

"Do you do cleaning at KSY dormitory too?"

"Nope. Our landlady does them all."

"Whoa.. She must be a super woman~" Suzy joked.

"Yeah. I think that's one of the reasons why it's more expensive there."

"But...how about Fany-unnie? Is it okay to her that you left?"

Taeyeon gulped. "U-Uhh.."

Suzy noticed that Taeng feels uneasy. "Sorry for asking too much. I think I'm being too noisy.." she makes an awkward laugh.

"It's okay." Taeng said. "Me and Tiffany broke up already."

"R-R-Really???" Suzy's eyes widened. "So the rumors were true.."

"Rumors?"

"Yeah. At first, I didn't believed in it. But now that you said it yourself..."

"The rumors spreads so fast." Taeng laughed.

"I really admire the two of you..." Suzy pouted. "You weren't afraid to reveal your relationship to the public, despite the gender matter and the negative comments you will receive from Ms. Hwang's admirers.. And from that, I realized how strong love is . . ."

 

 

 

 

 . . . . . *awkward silence*

 

 

 

Suzy realized that she was talking too much again.

 

"Sorry about that."

"It's okay." Taeng nodded.

Suzy quickly changes the topic when she saw the uneasiness on Taeyeon.

"A-Are you hungry, unnie?" she asked then grabs the plastic bag on the table.

She brings out a bowl and a pair of chopsticks.

"I bought jajangmyun noodles on my way home. Let's eat it together." Suzy smiled.

 

 

After eating, they talked for a little while then went to sleep.

 

 

 

Suzy was the first one to fall asleep.

Taeyeon is still awake, lying on her bed, thinking about Tiffany.

"I wonder what she's doing now..." she thought. Then she grabs something out of her pocket -- the key necklace.

She kept it intentionally as a remembrance that she and Tiffany used to be together.

"I hope she's not mad at me." Taeng looks at the necklace.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[ . . . at KSY dormitory ]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany is sitting on her bed with Totoro in her arms. The memories kept on flashing back on her head. The more she misses Taeyeon, the more her heart hurts. She can't accept the fact that Taeyeon rejected her.

 

 

"What does Yuri have I don't have?? . . . Why does she like her so much? . . . Am I hard to love? . . "

 

Fany kept on asking herself. She wanted to forget Taeyeon but she can't.

 

"If you were here, you would cheer me up, right?" Tiffany said to the stuffed toy Totoro. But she is actually referring to the little kid who gave the toy to her.

 

 

 

 

[[ FLASHBACK ]]

 

 

 

"Appa!! Appa, wake up!" Little Tiffany shakes her father's arm.

The nurse grabs the blanket and covered Mr. Hwang's body.

"Ahjussi, why did they put blanket on appa's head?" she asked the man beside her.

Mr. Song goes to her and patts her head. "He's gone, Tiffany."

"No. Appa was just talking to me a while ago."

 

Mr. Song just watched her for a moment as she try to wake up her father.

 

"Come on, Tiffany. We need to go home."

"Where is omma?"

Mr. Song kneeled infront of her and sighed. He decided to tell it to her frankly.

"Your mom died last night. They both died in the accident and you survived, Tiffany."

"They died..?" she said. "Oh, you're just joking."

 

Little Fany looks back at her father. She realized that he's not moving nor breathing.

She began to cry.

 

The nurses suddenly arrived to pick up her father's body.

 

"Let's go, Tiffany. We have to go home and get dressed for the funeral."

"No! I'll stay here with appa!"

Just then, she saw that her dad is being taken away.

 

"Appa!! Don't leave!! Appaaa!!!!"

 

Little Fany tries to go after her father but Mr. Song stopped her.

"We have to go home."

"No, I'm not going with you!!" she insisted then ran away.

"Wait. Come back, Tiffany!!!" Mr. Song chased after her but lost her.

 

 

Little Tiffany runs and runs until she reached a park near the hospital. She sat on the bench there and cried.

She felt like she was alone in the world.

 

A few moments later, she noticed that a little girl was looking at her.

"Annyeong~" the little girl greeted, carrying a big stuffed toy with her short arms.

Little Tiffany ignored her.

"Why are you crying?" she asked.

 

Annoyed, Little Fany looked away and kept on ignoring her.

"Do you want some coffon candy?"

"It's cotton, not 'coffon'." Little Fany said snobbishly. She finally refrained from crying.

 

The little girl grinned. She sat beside her.

 

"Are you lost?" she asked innocently. "I can help you find your parents."

Hearing the word 'parents', the tears came back on Fany's eyes again.

"No. You can't find them, they're dead."

"MWO!" the little girl was taken back. "Is that true??"

"Yes." Tiffany wipes away her tears.

The girl just stared at her for a while until Fany stops sobbing.

"That must be really sad." the girl said. "I know how it feels like."

Little Fany looks at her. "Really?"

"Mm." the little girl nodded. "My mother died after she gave birth to me."

"But..." Tiffany looks at her closer. "But you still have your father."

"Hmm... You're right. But don't be sad. You're not alone. I know there's still some people who cares about you." she said.

 

'Mr. & Mrs. Song'

Little Fany thought. She realized that they are still there for her.

 

The little girl looked around. She noticed that her brother looking for her.

She looks back at Tiffany.

"Here, take this." The little girl gave her the stuffed toy. "It's name is Totoro."

"Why are you giving me this?" Little Fany asked.

"So you have a companion."

"But it's yours."

"Don't worry, my dad won't get angry." the little girl grins. "Take care of Totoro, okay?"

Little Fany smiles. "Okay."

The girl smiled back.

"I have to go now. My brother is already looking for me. Bye-bye!~" she waved at her then ran away as she leaves.

 

Tiffany just watched her leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

. . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 - KRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

The alarm clock rang.

 

Tiffany opens her eyes. She realized that she was dreaming. She didn't know that she fell asleep last night while crying.

Fany sat down and slowly gets up on her bed.

When she looked at the mirror, she noticed that her eyes were sore because of crying last night.

 

And as soon as she remembers Taeyeon again, she felt heavy-hearted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[[ Meanwhile at school . . . ]]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We missed you at the dorm alreadyy.." Sunny pouts, releasing her aegyo.

"Yahh, 24 hours haven't even passed yet!" Taeng nudged her.

They laughed together.

"How is it at your new dorm, Taeng?" Sooyoung grabs a piece of candy in her pocket.

"It's nice. The rent costs only 60,000 won." Taeyeon said proudly.

"Wow. Really?"

"Yeah~"

"I think I want to move too~" Sunny joked. "But I can't leave KSY."

"You're right." Taeng nodded at her. "I also thought of that. KSY is like my home."

"Can you tell us why you and Tiffany broke up?" Sooyoung asks carefully.

 

Taeyeon hesitated for a moment. She realized that she's not yet ready to tell them about it.

 

"Sorry guys..." Taeng apologized. "Maybe next time...."

"It's okay. We understand."

"Are you going to watch the swimming competition?" Sunny changed the topic.

"What time is it?"

"It will start at 5pm." Soo scratched her head. "I heard Im Yoona will substitute Yuri."

"Yeah. She already told me about it." Taeyeon takes a sip on her banana milk.

"Who?"

"Kwon Yuri."

Sooyoung stared at her for a second. "Is she the reason why you two broke up?"

"Wha--?" Taeyeon chokes. "O-Of course not!"

Sunny and Sooyoung looked at each other.

"Mmmmmkaaay.. I'll just take what you said." Soo smirked.

 

Suzy suddenly appeared infront of them.

 

"Unnie!" she called out.

Taeyeon turned her head to see her. "Hey!"

Sooyoung and Sunny looked at Suzy from head to toe, giving her a who-are-you look.

"Oh by the way guys, she is my roommate at my new dorm." Taeyeon indicated.

"Hi, I'm Bae Suzy. Pleased to meet you." Suzy bowed at them.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lee Soonkyu."

"Choi Sooyoung."

They both bowed at her.

"Nice to meet you too, Sooyoung and Soonkyu-unnie."

"Just call me Sunny."

"She doesn't want being called Soonkyu." Sooyoung laughed.

"I see.." Suzy smiled, nodding at them.

"We have to go." Taeng looked at her watch.

"Where you going?" Sooyoung asked.

"English class." Taeyeon said. As she thought of it, she suddenly remembered that Tiffany was also in that class.

 

 

 

 

 

[[ At the lecture room . . . ]]

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy and Taeyeon arrived infront of the room.

"Let's go in, unnie." Suzy begins to twist the door knob.

"Wait."

Suzy looked back at her. "What is it, unnie?"

Taeng hesitated whether to attend the classes or not, knowing that Tiffany is there.

"Can I sit next to you?" Taeng asked then gulped.

Suzy knew why. She nodded at her. "Sure."

Taeyeon felt relieved. "Thanks, Suzy."

"No problem." Suzy smiled.

 

They entered the room. Taeyeon looked around but Tiffany was not there -- nor her bestfriend, Jessica.

 

"Kim Taeyeon!" someone called out.

It was Yuri.

"Come here." she signaled Taeng to go to her.

Taeyeon looked back at Suzy.

"It's okay." Suzy mouthed, nodding approvingly. She sat on the other side of the room.

Taeyeon hesitated at first then followed.

Yul offered a seat beside her.

"Thanks." Taeng smiled awkwardly then sits next to Yuri.

"Is it true?" Yuri asked.

"True?" Taeng thought for a moment and realized what she mean. Yul was talking about her and Tiffany.

"Y-Yes..."

Yuri looked at her.

"I understand.."

"Well---"

"Don't worry, I won't ask why." Yul said. "I just want to prove to myself if the rumors were true."

"It is." Taeyeon looked down.

 

There was a moment of silence between the two of them before Yuri spoke again.

 

"Anyway, will you watch the competition later?"

"Yeah," Taeng nods. "I think so."

"Can I go with you?"

Taeyeon was surprised with her question but did not show it.

"Sure. Of course."

"Thanks." Yuri smiled.

"Let's cheer for Yoona." Taeng smiled back.

 

Tiffany turned her back from the door. She was about to go inside but she stopped when she saw Yuri and Taeyeon smiling at each other. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

**Jealousy scenes ahead** (>.<")

prepare for TaeRi moments...and maybe some SiFany moments too.

kekeke~

 

:)

 

 

>>TO BE CONTINUED...