Dancin' {Sakukaeun}

One Shots

 

Dancin is what to do 

Dancin's when I think of you 

Dancin's what clears my soul

Dancin's what makes me whole?

 

---

 

Two o'clock in the morning.

High electronic music, bodies dancing wildly, boys with girls, boys with boys, girls with girls and Kaeun with solitude. She was holding her empty drink glass, she had drunk about 5 glasses that night. That was a bad sign. She was well enough because she could count how many times she had ingested alcohol. 

She restrained herself from watching the nightclub by the bar, feeling the flashes of light hitting her at that moment. There were several faces, unfamiliar people who were dancing together, laughing, flirting and drinking. Kaeun took a deep breath, running her hand through the black hair that was previously tidy now was tied in a ponytail. At the age of 24, Kaeun was not so vain but she liked to dress up and feel beautiful for the one person.

She pulled the cell phone from the pocket of her pants, turning on the locking screen. It was exactly 2:38 am but it was not what caught Kaeun's attention. Her eyes settled on the background of the screen, an image of the person she most wanted to forget. Kaeun sighed loudly, turning off the screen of the phone and raising her head, fixing her gaze on the ceiling of the nightclub for a few seconds. Lee Kaeun wanted to forget that girl but could not detach herself from that photo that she took from the day they started dating.

In fact, Kaeun did not want to let go of that girl. But her pride knew it was wrong. 

She ordered another shot of tequila for the waiter from the bar, turned the glass over quickly, and paid for what she had consumed. Kaeun get up from the bench and headed for the dance floor, closing her eyes for a short time as he took a deep breath.

She needed to dance. So she would forget...

Something inside her changed when the electronic music of the time was a hectic one, perhaps the most hectic of the night until that moment. Kaeun smiled, she felt the music pass through her body until it became something important as the blood flowing in her veins. Her body followed the rhythm, she liked to dance, it was the best she could do, it was the only thing she could do at least there.

A boy of her height came dancing with her, the most smirk his lips could do. He was not exactly the type of Kaeun. That was the risk you encounter when going to an alternative nightclub. But all she knew was that she did not want to be alone. 

She felt his hands on her waist and each time he could get close to her body. Kaeun let things go even if she was not willing to do it. She tried to look once more at the nightclub around her, capturing all the faces there in those neon lights. Her eyes froze on the most beautiful face of that nightclub and at the same time, the most familiar face there. Like a beautiful curse in the same environment as hers, Kaeun felt her heart stop, it was heaven and hell at the same time. She would be lying if she did not want to see that girl there but she would be lying doubly if she said that seeing her there was no more fear than the end of the world. 

Miyawaki Sakura was there, perfect as always. Kaeun felt the eyes of the youngest stop at her, making the older woman's heart jump with the thought that Sakura had noticed her. However, there was fear too, after all, was looking at Sakura for too long and could not stop.

Kaeun stepped away from the boy, who was already dancing glued more than too much to her, leaving him alone and with a confused expression. And if he said anything, she did not listen, let alone care. She walked toward Sakura with quick steps, passing countless people on the dance floor.

Her plans to forget Miyawaki Sakura were left in the not-so-memorable past. Kaeun wanted to dance and there was only one person in her mind who could join her.

Kaeun stopped walking as soon as she saw a figure bigger than Sakura being hit by the lights of the club, it was a boy. He was holding hands with Sakura, dancing with her with a broad smile on his side. Sakura cast one last glance at Kaeun, before turning her entire attention back to the boy in front of her as he lowered himself to stand at the height of hers, about to kiss her.

Kaeun looked away, no matter how much Sakura was made even more beautiful by the damn nightclub lights, she did not want to see that scene. She did not want to see Sakura kissing anyone else, Kaeun just could not. The older woman went straight for both of them, and she made a point of pushing Sakura into whatever the damn couple had let loose. She heard the supposed boyfriend of her ex, curse something but she did not give a damn about him. In fact, something inside him was bent on making him angry.

When she least noticed, she was inside the bathroom of the nightclub, that by some miracle there was not that long queue ever. Kaeun stared at her reflection in the mirror for a minute longer than that, holding her tears away from the perfect makeup.

But even so, a solitary tear came out of her left eye.

Kaeun lowered her head, taking a deep breath. She heard a knock on the door and decided to ignore it. She did not care if there was anyone there to vomit or if there was someone who needed to use the bathroom a lot, Kaeun needed to have that time alone. When she heard a second knock, a wave of fury filled her body as she opened the door and prepared to make it clear that she was using the bathroom but to the contrary of all her wishes, Sakura's face paralyzed her completely.

"Kaeun-chan, I'm sorry." That's all the younger girl's voice said.

A force inside Kaeun's body wanted to scream at Sakura, curse her of a thousand names and express all the anguish she felt since the youngest dropped her to stay with a guy, that damn guy who was almost kissing right in front of her minutes back, but her body did not follow that negative part of her mind. In fact, her body did not sense her own mind.

Kaeun put her hands on Sakura's face, bringing it against her, feeling the girl's lips in a desperate kiss, without asking for any permission. Kaeun pulled her into the bathroom and they were released only by the cursed breath. Sakura closed the door, pushing Kaeun to the wall and returning to kiss her, but different from the older one, her leadership was responsible for a slower kiss, but as intense as the other.

After breaking the kiss, Kaeun distanced her lips from Sakura, but bringing the girl's body closer to her, as if they were one. She wanted to believe that Sakura was hers again.

"Damn," Sakura murmured, letting go of Kaeun after all that. The youngest stared at the mirror, tucking a few strands of her hair and adjusting the clothes on the body parts where Kaeun had squeezed so tightly. "I should not..." she sighed, noticing the older woman's gaze on her. "I need to go."

And before Kaeun was alone again, she caught Sakura's wrist, forcing the younger girl to turn around and stare into her eyes.

"I love you," the older woman's crying voice. "Sakura, please..."

"That was a mistake." Sakura interrupted the other with the tears falling from her beautiful face. "Kaeun-chan, I can not ... Go back to dancing, you're the best."

Sakura pulled her wrist hard, distancing herself from Kaeun more and more, to the point of not being able to find her in the nightclub.

Kaeun did not want to end up crying again for the younger one, she had already done it the last time. So Sakura was with someone else? Kaeun did not care. She was better than that, she was going to forget everything at one time or another.

She would dance all night, would dance until she forgot Miyawaki Sakura.