Chapter 2

For Her

Another boring day has come and Mako is still anxious about Juri’s date that will happen in a few days. She sets is aside first and focus on the present… for now….

 

“Ugghhh I’m so bored!!!!”

“You should really listen during classes Tomu.”

“But Saho…… It can’t be helped. The teacher is so boring and I’m not interested with the topics that were discussed.” Saho shrugged whatever Tomu reasoned out. Well part of if was true since their teacher is really boring.

 

“Hey guys!”

“Hey Mako!!”

“Hey Raccoon!!”

“Watch your words Tomu!” Mako glared at her that made Tomu bow her head and also receive a smack in the head by Saho.

“AW!!!! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” Saho didn’t say a thing and just high-fived Mako.

 

After a while their other friends (Choyeon, Yuri, and Minju) came. They weren’t really close when they came here. They were the ones who helped them one time when they didn’t know what to do and started looking for help. That’s when those three came in. Since Mako knew Yuri already she was the one who initiated to ask them for help. After some time, the three Korean friends invited them to join them for lunch, and that’s how their circle group evolved.

“Hey our beautiful Japanese friends!” Choyeon and Yuri greeted.

“Oh! Mako-unnie? Juri-unnie is not with you?” Minju asked.

“Oh yeah… What happened? You two are always together though…”

“U-ummmm, its just that, Juri is busy at the moment and s-she t-told me to go here first.” Mako’s tension started to rise and also her emotions became unstable now.

“Unnie, Are you okay? You look like-”

“Don’t worry Choyeon, Mako-unnie is just not in the mood right now.” Mako looked at her roommate to thank her for saving her. Yuri looked backed at her and gave her an assurance smile.

“Wait, speaking of Juri. I saw her a while ago before going here.” Saho said.

“Really? What was she doing?” Mako asked nervously.

“Oh I think she was talking to Sihyun. The both of them looked so happy together though.” Saho added. That’s when Mako’s world has stopped for a moment.

 

‘Both of them looked happy together.’

‘Looked happy together.’

‘Together.’

‘Juri and Sihyun…. Together?’

 

“Mako! Mako! MAKO!!!!!!” Mako broke out of her thoughts and was faced with a concerned look from all of her friends.

“Mako, are you sure you’re ok? Do you want us to bring you to the clinic?” Tomu asked.

“N-no. No…. I’m fine guys…. Uh-um…. Will you excuse me for a while? I need some fresh air for now.”

“Yeah go on Mako. See you at class!”

“Bye Unnie.” With that, Mako went out of the cafeteria and decided to go to their mini garden near the main gate of the school.

 

The mini garden is Mako’s favorite place since she can relax and calm herself down. She started running since there’s not much time left before the end of their break. She was about to head straight to her favorite spot, when she saw something the she never expected and never wanted to happen in her life. There in her favorite spot was Sihyun with Juri hugging her so lovingly. With that, Mako doesn’t know what to do anymore. She wants to say that it’s just a friendship hug but looking at them, anyone can tell that it is already in another level. Mako was there standing in-front of them and watching them.

“Mako?” Juri saw her. Mako was shocked because she got caught looking at them, so she ran away and didn’t bother looking back even though Juri was already shouting and calling her name. Who knew, here favorite spot in school became her worst spot in just seconds.

 

Mako didn’t know how but she ended up in the rooftop. She didn’t notice but she already started crying none stop. Mako is known for not crying that much since she’s a happy person, but always remember, even the happiest person you know can be the saddest person you’ll ever see when something breaks them. Mako didn’t knew what to do. She knows that it is still not official that they are already dating, but she can’t help but feel that way.

 

‘WHY AM I SO SLOW?’

‘WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE HER AND NOT ME?’

‘WHY CAN I BE THE ONE WHO CAN MAKE HER HAPPY?’

‘WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO BE HER 2ND CHOICE TO EVERYTHING?’

‘WHY DOESN’T SHE LOOK AT ME LIKE THE SAME AS ME?’

‘WHY DO I HAVE TO BE A COWARD AND ALWAYS A SIDELINE TO HER RELATIONSHIPS?’

‘WHAT DOES SIHYUN HAVE THAT I DON’T HAVE?’

‘SHE JUST MET HER MONTHS AGO AND NOW SHE FELL IN-LOVE WITH HER, WHILE WE BECAME FRIENDS FOR YEARS YET I NEVER HAVE A CHANCE TO CALL HER MINE!’

‘WHY IS MY LIFE LIKE THIS?’

‘WHY CAN’T I TELL HER I LOVE HER?’

‘WHY-’

 

“You shouldn’t frown that much, it doesn’t suit you.” Someone interrupted her emotional breakdown.

“And what does this have with you?” Mako asked.

“Nothing. I just don’t like to see you frowning and crying that much. You’re really pretty when you smile.” Mako was shocked by the stranger’s compliment.

“Thanks.... W-Wait have we met before?”

“We just passed by each other but never had a proper conversation since I’m from the other class.” The stranger said and handed Mako a handkerchief.

“Oh thank you. Sorry you had to witness that.”

“No it’s fine. Everyone always has their emotional breakdown from time to time. Ummm… It’s almost time. I need to go back to class now.”

“Wait what about your hanky?”

“It’s okay, use it for now. You can return it to me when you’re done with it.” The stranger added. Before the stranger leave Mako quickly grabbed her hand to stop her.

“Wait, I want to know your name so that I can look for you and return it properly, and we can have a proper introduction. Hi, I’m Mako. Kojima Mako. And you?”

“Hey Mako! I’m Minseo. Kim Minseo. I need to go now. See you around Mako.” After that Minseo left Mako alone at the rooftop.

 

‘Minseo….’

‘Kim Minseo....’

Mako then looked at the handkerchief that she was holding and them smiled. She was really thankful that someone was there for her even if they had just met. Mako looked at her watch to see if she was already late. There was still some time left so she decided to go back to class and try to move on from what she saw a while ago.