Chapter 15

For Her

Mako and Nana are now at the school’s mini garden since it was announced that their will be no classes for the day and also tomorrow. It has been one month since Nana came here, and only another month left before she will leave and go back to their branch in Japan.

“Hey Naanya.”

“Hmmm?”

“It has been a month now since you came here.”

“Yeah… And a month left before I go back there…” Mako can feel that Nana was down with the thought that she immediately grabbed her and gave her a hug. Nana was so blessed to have Mako but she knows the reality of what will happen next to this.

“Mako?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you going to move-on?” Mako just looked at her for awhile and started to think if she still has feeling for that ‘someone’.

“I don’t know Naanya. I want to move-on but it’s hard.”

“Everything will be fine Mako-chan. You just have to accept the reality that Juri-san likes someone else and just considers you as her sister.”

“Really?”

“Yeah! You know Mako-chan, ever since I laid my eyes on you, it was already love-at-first-sight for me. But as time went by, I realized that you were never for me. That’s why I just limit myself to you since having the effort of pushing myself to you is useless since I know you have feelings for someone else.”

“But you have me now?”

“Not really Mako-chan. Both of us know that this relationship of ours is fake. And I feel guilty of forcing you to do this. I’m sorry that I just used you for my happiness and I know you have better things to do than to be with me.”

“Naanya, don’t say that.”

“WHY CAN’T I?!?! EVER SINCE MY PARENTS INVOLVED ME IN THAT ARRANGEMENT, I WOULD HAVE NEVER DONE THIS TO YOU! IF ONLY-” Mako didn’t let Naanya continue talking and just hugged her tightly so just she can calm her down. Nana’s cries were only heard and it made Mako remember the time they made the deal.

 

 

[Flashback on Chapter 13]

“Please be my girlfriend?”

“W-what?” Mako couldn't believe what she heard. Yes she knew the younger’s feelings for her, but she didn't know that it well get to this point.

“Naanya… But you know that-”

“That you like Juri-san. Yes I know that.”

“But-”

“Please Mako-chan! Please accept my offer and let me show you my love before…”

“Before what????”

“Ugggghhhh I guess I have no other choice but to tell you…”

“Tell me what??? Owada Nana are hiding something from me??”

“No No it's not like that. But promise me you won't tell anyone.”

“Yes yes I promise!” Nana took a deep breath before telling Mako something that she has been hiding from everyone.

“Ok. It's because….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m getting married.”

“W-what?” Mako was shocked with the revelation that her bestfriend said to her.

“Married?!!? What the hell!! You’re getting married?!?! Nana, we’re like still in high school. How can you be engaged at this period?!”

“Its my parents ok. They arranged me to this fixed-marriage to marry their business partner’s daughter.”

“What did you do?”

“Ofcourse I became mad! Let me marry someone who I never liked before and will be with me for eternity is not right. Marriage is a difficult level. Once you get in on that stage, you will never go back.”

“What led you to be here?”

“Ok so here’s what happened..”

 

~Tokyo, Japan~

“Nana?”

“Yes mom?”

“Come down from your room we have guests.”

“Ok mom. I’ll just fix myself.”

Nana went down from her room to be greeted by their family’s business partners. Nana was also shocked to see their daughter, who is also her classmate, Oshima Ryoka to be here as well. They let their daughters sit across each other while their parents are right beside them.

“So…. Nana… Ryoka…. We, your parents, have something to tell you.” Ryoka and Nana just looked at each other and then asked their parents to what is it.”

“The both of you are engaged to each other.”

“WHAT?!?!” The both of them can’t believe to what just happened. They can’t believe that they are going to marry each other. Ryoka just sighed and just accepted the reality but Nana’s action was opposite to it.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE’RE GETTING MARRIED?! MOM, DAD, YOU GUYS I ALREADY LIKED SOMEONE ELSE. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?”

“Does that person like you back? You know that Mako likes someone else and she even joined her in Korea. Am I right?” Nana was stunned with the question and just accepted her defeat.

“I….. Just let me be with her.”

“NANA!!!”

“Just let me be with her for awhile before I will finally accept the reality that she will never be mine. Just let me transfer to Korea for two months and just be with her at that time. When the two months is over, I’ll come back here and do what you want. Please, just let me experience what it feels to be with her again until the last minute.” Both sides were silent after Nana’s pleads and just accepted the deal with their daughter. They then excused themselves so that they can fix Nana’s two-month transfer and her papers and also for both her and Ryoka to talk to themselves.

“I can’t believe you still miss her.” Ryoka was the one who broke the silence.

“What can’t I do? I just miss Mako-chan. Don’t you miss her as well?”

“Who?”

“Juri-san.”

“Yeah I miss as well. So much.”

“Then join me to Korea. It’s just two months. You can spend your remaining days with her before you know…”

“I’ll pass.”

“What? I thought you like Juri-san?”

“I liked her. I still do though.”

“Then why-”

“Because I don’t want to let myself suffer like how I suffered when they were still here. Of having them transferred to Korea, it gave me an opportunity to move-on and finally realized the reality that I am having. That’s why I agreed with this fixed-marriage. I know that we may not liked each other, but I think that if both of us can open-up and trust each other, then our marriage will not be like others that ended up being a disaster. Why won’t you try Nana? Give this a chance.”

“I’ll try ok. Just let me be with her one last time.”

“Ok as you wished.”

After that day, Nana and Ryoka started to be closed with each other and also to get to know each other. As time passes by, it’s already the time of Nana’s departure. Ryoka, with her driver, was the one who accompanied Nana to the airport since their parents are both busy.

“So this is it Nana.”

“Yeah. I’m finally going to Korea.”

“Take care and say hi to them for me.”

“I will!” Nana was about to turn around when Ryoka grabbed her hand and brought her to a hug.

“I’ll miss you.” Ryoka whispered that to her and the latter can’t help but feel overwhelmed with it.

“Don’t worry. I’ll miss you too. See you in two months?”

“Yeah. See you in two months.” With that, Nana went inside the airport and prepared herself for what’s coming next.

 

“See you in Korea…… Mako-chan.”

 

 

“And that’s how I came here.” Nana just looked at Mako and waited for her response.

“Y-you came here for me?”

“Yes, only for you.”

“Nana you don’t have to do this-”

“What can I do? I don’t have a choice ok.”

“Fine.” Nana looked at Mako confusedly and was not expecting what she will say.

 

“I’ll be your girlfriend.”

“What?! But Mako-”

“Just for two months. I’ll be your girlfriend until your last day here in Korea.”

“Are you sure? What about Juri-”

“Juri likes someone else here. That’s why I’m trying to move-on from her.”

“Ok, as you wished. THANK YOU SO MUCH MAKO! I WILL NEVER LET YOU FEEL SADNESS AGAIN!” Nana then hugged Mako which she also hugged her back. That was when they started being a ‘couple’ now to the public.

[Flashback End]

 

 

Nana was asleep while hugging Mako after she cried so much. Mako was just there still hugging the younger and let her rest after that breakdown. Mako just examined her features and can see that the younger has been through a lot.

‘Don’t worry Nana. I will make this last one month memorable for you no matter what.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Little did they know that a pair was watching them from behind the bushes…

“They look cute together don’t you think, Minju-ya?”

“Yes Chaewon-unnie….. I hope I can do that with you.”

“What were you saying?”

“Oh nothing unnie. Let’s go back now before we get caught.”

“Yeah let’s go.” Chaewon then grabbed the younger’s hand and dragged her back to their dorm and wasn’t able to see the blush that was evident to the latter and how that gesture made her heart beat faster than ever.