Chapter 6

For Her

It's now Saturday, which means no classes until tomorrow. Mako met her friends at the cafeteria of their dorm which was full of students since their school cafeteria is closed. Mako went straight to their table and then she saw Chaeyeon with Eunbi and Sae. She can see that Chaeyeon doesn't want to be with them. Mako waited for Chaeyeon to look at her, and when she did, she signalled her to come and join their table which Chaeyeon gladly accepted and went straight to their table.

“Chae!” Mako shouted that all of her friends looked at her and to whom she was calling.

“Hey guys! Hey Makokii-unnie!” Chaeyeon happily said.

“Hey Chaeyeon!” Choyeon, Minju, and Yuri said.

“Hi Chaeyeon-chan!” Saho and Tomu greeted. Juri just looked at her and did nothing.

‘Oh great… Now she's here.’

“Can I seat with you guys for now since I don't to disturb the couple over there.” Mako’s friends looked at Chaeyeon confusedly, then Chaeyeon pointed where Eunbi and Sae where.

“Ohhhhh Eunbi-unnie and Sae-unnie… They look great together, don't you think?” Yuri said. Then Minju and Choyeon agreed.

“Yeah those two can be the visual couple of the school.”

“And they are from different countries which make them the perfect match. Right Chaeyeon?”

“Y-yeah R-right…..” Chaeyeon’s heart started to break into millions of pieces.

“Makokii-unnie…” Mako can hear whispered to her.

“Yeah????”

“Can I cling onto you?”

“Huh? Chae, you know I'm not into skinships.”

“Please unnie… I really need it right now.” Mako didn't know how to initiate this kind of stuff.

“But I don't know how to do this kind of thing.”

“You don’t have to do anything. You just have to allow me to hug and to be clingy to you.”

“Ok. If you say so.” With that, Chaeyeon grabbed Mako’s hands and started hugging it like it’s a little teddy bear. Mako was flustered by the sudden action but she knows she has to stay calm so that Chaeyeon will not feel awkward about it.

“Oh wow… Someone's clingy.” Tomu remarked. Juri looked at who Tomu was referring to, and when she saw Chaeyeon clinging onto Mako she doesn't know why but it hurts her to see them like that.

‘What am I feeling?’

“Chaeyeon, do you know that Mako doesn't like skinships right?” Juri asked but when she looked at Mako, she can feel that Mako doesn't even mind Chaeyeon doing that to her, which was new.

“What do you mean Juri-unnie? I have been clingy to Makokii-unnie ever since. Right Makokii-unnie?”

“Right Chae! I don't even mind it at all.”

“WHAT?!?!?!” They were all surprised because they know that Mako they know doesn't want anyone to hug her or do skinship to her. And now here they are looking at someone who broke that wall from Mako.

“Wow… Congratulations Chaeyeon! You finally broke that barrier of Mako.” Yuri said.

“Yeah. And you guys have pet-names for each other. Isn't it cute Minju?”

“Yeah it's so cute. Can I you guys something? Are you guys, like you know, together?” Everyone suddenly stopped what they are doing and immediately look at the two. Chaeyeon and Mako looked at each other then started laughing non-stop that their stomachs started to hurt so much.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA… Oh come on guys. Me and Chae together???”

“That's so funny!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA… You guys know that we have someone that we like.” Chaeyeon realized what she said and started to panic and to apologize to Mako.

“Oh gosh unnie… I'm-”

“It's fine Chae. Don't worry.” Everyone who were with them looked at the two and felt sorry because they know their secret.. Well everyone except for Juri who started to look at everyone suspiciously.

‘So Mako likes someone huh??? Wait why am I bitter?’

“Wait do you guys know who they are referring to?” Everyone except Chaeyeon and Mako nodded their heads.

“And I don't know about this because?????”

“Well unnie, you were Sihyun-unnie all the time that you don't know any updates about other people.” Choyeon reasoned out.

“Oh yeah….. Um so Chaeyeon, who's the lucky girl that you like?” There was silence after what Juri said and she started to feel confused by it. She then looked to where everyone was looking, she then saw Eunbi and Sae having their moment.

“Oh sorry Chaeyeon. Just don't mind what I have said…”

“No it's okay unnie. That's why here anyway. To give Eunbi-unnie the happiness that she has without anyone intervening it.” Juri felt touched to what she said and then Juri looked automatically to Mako and can see that Mako is saying something to her with her eyes but you don't know what it means.

‘I wonder who Mako likes.’

“Hey Mako. Who-”

“MAKO-UNNIE!!!!!!! CHAEYEON-UNNIE!!!!!” Juri wasn't able to continue what she wanted to ask since Kang Damin and Yoon Eunbin ran to their table looking so troubled.

“Damin? Eunbin? Well ummm good morning. Are you guys ok?” Mako can't help but to feel nervous because of these kids.

“Have you seen Nayoung?”

“Nayoung? No I haven't… Why though?” Eunbin looks like she was about to cry but Damin stopped her to it and answered her question.

“Well you see, this morning we saw Nayoung going out of the room so early so we thought that she will eat with Misaki and Kurihara Sae-unnie since those three are always early. But when we passed by them earlier, they told us that Nayoung didn't joined them and skipped breakfast. That's when we started to search for her.”

“A-and w-we remembered that Nayoung told us that if we can't find her, always look for you Mako-unnie. Because you might be with her or maybe know where she is.” Mako’s heart started to beat so fast and she can't help but also worry about her friend.

“Eunbin, did Misaki or Sae say anything like Nayoung will meet someone?”

“Ummmm from what I remember, Misaki told me that she will meet Hitomi or Miu??? I'm not sure though.”

‘Nayoung… meeting Hitomi.. Miu…’

‘Oh no…..’

“Eunbin! Damin!” They saw Misaki running towards them.

“Misaki! Have you seen Nayoung?” Chaeyeon asked worriedly.

“Yeah unnie. I saw her talking to Miu and Hitomi though. And after the both of them left, Nayoung started running somewhere so I thought she went straight to our room, but when I went there Sae-chan told me she hasn't seen Nayoung coming back to the room. So I went straight here.” Eunbin started to cry because she's worried about her friend while Misaki comforted her and everyone’s heart ached because of it.

‘Oh no.. This is bad.’

“Mako-unnie.” Mako looked at Chaeyeon and they both got an idea of Nayoung’s behavior. Mako started to think where Nayoung can be.

‘Can she be at the rooftop??’

‘No it's locked during weekends.’

‘Classroom?’

‘No. That's impossible.’

‘Okay Mako think. If you were Nayoung, where will you release everything?’

‘Well there's one but….. It's worth a try.’

“Mako!” Saho caught Mako’s attention.

“Your phone is ringing.” Mako immediately looked at her phone and saw that Nayoung is calling her.

“Guys! Nayoung is calling.”

“ANSWER IT!!!!!”

“Ok… Chill. Chill.”

“Hello Nayoung???”

~M-mako-unnieeeeeeee~~~~….~

“Where are you?”

~U-unnie… I-it h-hurts.~

“Nayoung, I'm asking you. Where the hell are you????”

~You were right unnie…~

“Right about what??? KIM NAYOUNG IF YOU DON'T TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO-”

~That your favorite place can be the worst place in just mere seconds…~

“Favorite place? Nayoung-”

~*beeeeeeeeeeep*~

“Hello? HELLO! Nayoung! NAYOUNG!!!” Mako put her phone down and everyone was anticipating to what happened in their conversation, especially Nayoung’s friends.

“Eunbin, Damin, Misaki. Where is Nayoung’s favorite place here?”

“It's the mini garden near the school’s main gate.” Eunbin and Damin immediately answered.

“That's the place where she and Hitomi stay during their free time.”

‘I knew it.’

“You three, come with me and Misaki call Sae-chan and tell her to go to the mini garden now.”

“Ok Mako-chan.”

“Chae, find Minseo and meet us their also.”

“Sure Makokii-unnie.”

“Sorry guys. I have to go and help these kids.”

“It's ok unnie. Good luck and I hope you guys can Nayoung. And greet her for us ok?” They told Mako and ran towards the mini garden. Juri just watched them leave their table immediately. She can't help but also worry about Nayoung.

‘What happened to her?’

 

Mako and the others ran as fast as they can to the mini garden, hoping to that they can still find Nayoung there.