Chapter 11

For Her

Mako woke up early and was not in a mood to talk to people for now. She went outside of the room and immediately went to the bathroom to take a shower and then changed into their school uniform when she was done refreshing herself up. She then grabbed some cereals and milk. Mako felt so depressed with what happened yesterday, even though she had already expected it already.

‘What was I thinking?’

‘Ofcourse she will never like me.’

‘Well Sihyun really won this.’

‘I think I really need to give up and move on.’

‘Well… It’s the start of a new Kojima Mako…. I guess…’

 

Mako finished her food and clean everything she used and started to prepare her stuff for class. She then went out and went immediately to her classroom and start preparing her heart for a new life without any attracting to Juri.

 

Just as Mako went out, Juri then came out from her room and immediately went to check on Mako but was disappointed to meet an empty bed. She then checked every place and found no Mako. She then took a shower and changed. She went to the kitchen since she needs to eat breakfast, she saw Mako’s utensils and realized that Mako already left early. She then prepared her food and just started to eat alone for the first time. Juri never felt this lonely before.

‘Being alone is so not nice.’

‘Mako was supposed to be here and join me. Now I’m all alone.’

‘Was she still not over about yesterday?’

‘What did I even did to her?’

‘I just told her that she was just a sister and not a girlfriend to me and that for her to like me is so impossible.’

‘Unless, she really does like me?’

‘Does Mako like me?’

‘Do I even look at her like a sister? For real?’

‘It reminds me of what Sihyun told me previously on our date.’

 

[Flashback to Chapter 5]

“They seem to be having a great time huh? Right, Juri?” Sihyun looked at Juri and she was just focused on Mako’s table that she forgot to focus on their own date.

“Juri?”

“Oh yeah sorry. Yeah you're right. They seem to be having fun.”

“You're really lucky to have Mako.” Juri was confused to why Sihyun said that to her.

“Really why??”

“It's because you guys treat each other like sisters.”

“Of course! We've been friends for years already.” Sihyun looks at her suspiciously that Juri feels so nervous right now.

“Juri, can I ask you something. It's serious though.” Juri doesn't know why but she starts to get a little scared because Sihyun looks very serious right now.

“Y-yeah s-sure. Ask away.”

“Ok so….. Takahashi Juri-unnie, do you like Mako-unnie?” Juri was surprised to what Sihyun said and started to laugh.

“HAHAHAHAHA”

“ME??? LIKING MAKO?? That’s impossible. What are you talking about Sihyun?”

“Its just that you just when you look at Mako-unnie your eyes just sparkles. And when Mako-unnie does something, you always check on her. And when you saw her with other people, you just glared at them like you wanted to kill the. And not only that, you literally act like her girlfriend though.”

“Oh come on Sihyun. I’m always like that. How could I be Mako’s girlfriend?”

“More of like ‘always like that to Mako’. Juri listen to me, you have feeling for Mako-unnie. Your subconscious is just denying it.” Juri then started to take in what Sihyun told her. She was trying to understand everything but she really can’t understand anything.

“Sihyun…. How can you even say that? You don’t even have proof.”

“Let me prove it to you them. Look at where Mako is.” Juri then followed the instructions and saw that Nayoung and Minseo left, what she was surprised that Chaeyeon was there alone with her.

“So????”

“Well good thing that Chaeyeon is there to have her company.”

“Are you sure that’s all?”

“Ofcourse that’s all! Kim Sihyun what do you like me to say anyway?”

“Don’t you feel jealous about it?”

“Jealous??? Well kinda… I kinda feel sad when Mako talks to other people and then shows her signature smile that she only shows it to me before…”

“See!!!! You have feeling for Mako-unnie.”

“NO! THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE! How can I be in-love with my bestfriend (when I know that I’m in-love with you)?”

“There’s nothing wrong with being in-love with your bestfriend unnie. You’re the one who chooses who you like. And besides the both of you look at each other differently than to other people.”

“Huh? How?”

“Like you two are already destined for each other and that you are already fine with just the two of you.” Juri didn’t know why, but her heart started to beat faster than usually and she can feel something different in her stomach when she imagined herself with Mako. Juri then was in the middle of her paradise when Sihyun made a sudden confession.

“Did you know? Ever since I noticed your actions, it made me want to give-up on my feelings for you more.” Juri was surprised with her confession and that she can’t believe that her crush felt the same as her, but she was just confused to why Sihyun needs to give-up on her feelings for her when it’s already mutual.

“W-what do you mean by giving-up? But it’s already mutual. I already like you Sihyun.”

“No unnie. You like Mako-unnie and not me. And besides unnie that mutual thing is not for me but for Mako-unnie.”

“What?! Me and Mako being mutual? But she will never like me.”

“She likes you unnie. Anyone can fall in-love with you, just like me.”

“But-”

“But we can’t be together. I already accepted the reality that you will never be mine unnie.”

“Sihyun….”

“Trust me unnie. You’re just dating other people so that you’re feelings for Mako-unnie will step-aside. Think about it unnie.” Juri was so surprised to what just happened. Her crush confessed to her that she likes her but rejected the idea of them being together. And now the information that Mako might be in-love with her. Sihyun then broke her thoughts and told her that they need to go back to their dorm already. And when they reached to Juri’s room, Sihyun then apologized that she can’t be her girlfriend, which Juri accepted it. Juri was about to go inside when Sihyun grabbed her arm. She then told Juri to remember everything that she has told her. Sihyun then left and Juri went inside to see her roommates already preparing to sleep. She then decided to rest as well and just wait for what will happen in the coming days.

[Flashback End]

 

‘Me liking Mako…..’

‘Mako liking me back…..’

‘Mako as my sister… NO! As a girlfriend….’

‘Girlfriend……’

‘Me as Mako’s girlfriend..’

‘Mako’s girlfriend….’

 

Juri started to blush with the sudden thought and finally realized her feelings. She then hurriedly ate her breakfast and went out of their dorm to go to their classroom since she knows that the one she’s looking for, and also the one who makes her heart beat faster, is there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Somewhere at the Airport-

An innocent looking girl was there standing at the entrance of the airport and started to examine her surroundings.

“So this is Korea huh???”

“Ma’am you’re drive is already here.”

“Oh thank you for informing me….

Now let’s go so that I can finally meet my Raccoon counterpart already….. Don’t worry Mako-chan! I’m coming for you!”