Chapter 10

For Her

Today is finally the day. The day that Mako has been waiting for. IT'S FINALLY THE DAY OF THEIR DATE!!! Well actually a hangout (what Juri said it would be), but who cares. It's just the two of them. ALONE!! Mako is at Chaeyeon/Aoi/Sae’s room since she doesn't want to see her this stressed just because she can't pick a perfect outfit.

“Hey guys how about this?” Mako was wearing a red top and a black skirt with white polka-dots.

“Makokii-unnie for the 13th time, it looks good on you ok!” Chaeyeon tiredly said.

“And besides Mako everything that you wear fits you perfectly.” Aoi exclaimed and Sae just sighed because it's just a waste of her time to comment more.

“Ok so… This looks alright already???”

“YES!!”

“Ok ok fine.. Thanks a lot for your ‘help’.”

“I need to go now, Natsumi is waiting for me already.” Aoi bid her friends a goodbye and to where her girlfriend is.

“Hey Sae, how about-”

*knock knock*

“I'll get it.” Chaeyeon immediately went to the door and when she opened it, she saw the person that she wanted to avoid the most.

“E-eunbi-unnie??” Mako went to check who was at the door and saw Eunbi with Miru behind her.

“Hi Chaeyeon-ie!! Is Sae here?”

“U-umm…”

“Babe!!”

“Sae-chan!!!” Sae went outside and saw her girlfriend there and immediately went to her and gave her a hug and a peck on the cheek. That's when Miru and Chaeyeon’s heart broke into pieces to what they have witnessed and Mako can't help but pity the two.

“Who's at the--- oh hi Eunbi-unnie! Hi Miru-unnie!” Eunbi greeted Yuri and Miru just waved at her since she doesn't have the energy to talk anymore. Eunbi and Sae told them they will leave now since they will have a date somewhere. When the couple left, Miru and Chaeyeon just look at each other and just did some telepathy about what the both of them are feeling at the moment. Yuri then told her unnies that she needs to go too since Yena is waiting for her. With the mention of Yena’s name, they can't help but tease the girl because she will meet her crush and they told her to confess already. The younger told them not to worry since Gyuri and Sian are going to help her confess to Yena later. With the mention of the two class presidents, Chaeyeon was triggered and just stood still because she remembered what happened yesterday. Mako asked if she was ok, which she replied that she was fine. Yuri then took her leave which leaves Mako, Chaeyeon, Miru and Juri (who still hasn't come out from their room).

 

Mako just talked to the two, but mostly to Miru since it's been awhile since they have talked to each other. After some minutes, Juri finally went outside of their room and Mako felt that her soul left her body when she saw Juri. Juri was wearing a light pink dress with a floral design. Mako felt that she was hypnotized by Juri’s spell and that she didn't know that was wide opened. Miru saw this and took a picture first then told Chaeyeon to close it. Chaeyeon was about to close it when she decided to trick the older by putting a biscuit, that they were eating earlier, into the older’s mouth. Mako came back to the reality when she realized what her friend did and decided to tickle the girl. Juri just laughed with their behavior and Miru was busy taking a video of it for remembrance.

“Mako, we need to go now. Let go of Chaeyeon.” Juri finally stopped the two and Mako let go of Chaeyeon because that's what Juri said.

“Ok. We'll take our leave now. Bye Chae! Bye Miru!” Juri also bid them a goodbye. Chaeyeon and Miru just waved at them and watch them leave.

 

(Mako’s Outfit)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/S2OPnEmkkKQHktk88mE6-IJhhuaB_KzRkP8Fken4nwk5KiMJx9YkwIOkOo1WrnmBAbuhfiY-blj8OYb3J0t_DZ1ej2jhYmaUQWnI0K1CUz1-slb6wN7a2HMR2Wt7VKAHQP1Bky8L

 

(Juri’s Outfit)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2eRHtCwUmAZ2mEuyFxa507n4zXnWZU9PicK0ZHz_Az-uO_Ii5z0Z8t04L-bfev5bgZWivNE4FStPJSfGmDF8ZoUHi0qEpcvKdPWePhqx0v9jXiLaP7bZkpgtDTMjSePQkbwzd3mP

 

When MJ couple left, Chaeyeon decided to change so that she can catch-up to the two. She immediately went to her room and change. When she was done, she went outside the room only to see Miru who is still sitting at their couch as if she was waiting for Chaeyeon.

“Ummmmm… Miru-unnie, why are you sti here? Not that I don't want you here. Like don't you have other things to do?” Miru didn't say anything and went to where Chaeyeon is. Chaeyeon started to feel scared because one, Miru is moving towards her and two, she has this gaze that is scary and intimidating like a prey that has finally cornered its target. She decided to move backwards but Miru is still moving forward. Chaeyeon was trapped when she felt a wall behind her back. Miru was now just inches in-front of her and Chaeyeon’s body started to heat-up. She was flustered when Miru brought her face centimeters close to Chaeyeon. When Miru saw Chaeyeon’s expression, she started laughing none stop and Chaeyeon was so embarrassed that her whole face started to become red. Miru then handed her a note to why she was here.

 

Hey Miru-unnie!!!

Eunyoung-unnie texted me that she, Sihyun-unnie and Minseo can't accompany Chaeyeon today to spy on MJ’S date since the three of them have something to do. This is why I am assigning you to accompany her for now.

Don't let yourselves get caught and have fun also. Don't focus on just spying on them, let yourselves have fun from time to time, but remember to always keep on track to them.

Just text your updates to Eunyoung-unnie! Good luck unnies and have fun!!

Boss Cupid ;)

 

“Wait you knew about this plan unnie?”

“I just found-out about it now. Eunyoung went to our room and gave me the letter and explained the plan to me and Nayoung because we saw her passing-by. Nayoung actually wanted to join but Eunyoung said that Boss Cupid told her not to let Nayoung join and just rest.”

“Sooooo you also don't know you ‘Boss Cupid' is?”

“No.”

“OH COME ON!!!”

*ting* Miru then checked her phone and saw that it's from an unknown number, but when she checked it, it was from Boss Cupid and told her the whereabouts of the MJ couple since Sian saw them.

“Come on Chaeyeon-ie. We need to go. Boss Cupid texted me the location of MJ couple.” Miru then grabbed Chaeyeon’s hand and intertwined their fingers together. Chaeyeon was shocked by the action and can't help but blush and feel like there are some butterflies in her stomach. The both of them went to where the MJ is hand-in-hand, without the avoidance of other people looking at them and started to talk about them.

 

So back to MJ couple….

“Ummmm Juri… Where are we going anyways?”

“To the mall!!!”

“The mall??”

“Oh come on Mako, it's been awhile when we went to the mall just the two of us.”

“Yeah…”

 

‘It's because you're always with Sihyun!!!!’

 

“So… How are you with Sihyun?”

“W-what??”

“Like… How's your progress?? What did you guys talked about before when I accompanied you to your date?? Like did Sihyun already asked you to be her girlfriend already?” Mako was waiting for Juri’s answer but the later wasn't saying anything like she was in deep thought.

 

‘Did I say something wrong??’

‘Wait shouldn't she be excited about this topic?’

 

“Um Mako. Can we not talk about this topic for now?” Mako was so surprised because this is the first time Juri wanted to avoid this topic.

“What? Why? Aren't you supposed to be excited about this?”

“Well I-I’m not in the mood to talk about it ok.” With that, Mako just stayed quiet and just did what Juri told her to.

“Sorry for bringing that it up.”

“No it's fine.”

 

They have now arrived at the mall and Juri was so excited that she pulled Mako and run towards the entrance. From a distance, you can see Chaeyeon and Miru carefully spying on them and also keeping themselves faraway where the two can't see them.

 

MJ first went to some clothing store since Juri said that she needs to buy some clothes already, which Mako protested that her clothes are now invading her closet. Which made Juri tell her that she is allowed to wear some of them and that made Mako imagine herself wearing Juri's clothes which made her blush all of a sudden. It took awhile for Juri to shop for her clothes, and Mako being the one to critique which is better (but made what it difficult for Juri is that Mako just told wears that everything looks perfect for her). Juri kept asking for Mako’s thoughts and Mako just say something that doesn't help Juri in picking what she will buy. The saleslady finds them cute since they look like married couple fighting over little things. Juri immediately told her that they were just close friends (which hurted Mako’s heart), but the saleslady wasn't convinced with it since they really look like a couple. She immediately recommended a top that looks cute on them and when Juri saw it, she immediately told Mako that they have to buy it since it really looks perfect on them. Mako then immediately told the saleslady that they will take it with the clothes that Juri wanted to buy, which Mako paid for it.

 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU'RE GOING TO PAY?!?! KOJIMA MAKO!! DON'T YOU DARE PAY IT!! Miss please don't get her money.”

“Well too late Takahashi. See..” Juri then saw that the transaction is already processing and that the saleslady took Mako’s credit card already. Mako then told her to grab the paper-bags and wait for her outside the shop. Juri didn't say anything and just did what Mako commanded her.

 

“Ma’am, you two look really great together.” Mako can't help but feel satisfied to what was said to her.

“Don't worry, she will be mine in the future.” Mako then did her signature wink and the saleslady just laughed to it and said that she will wait for them to come back and promised to give them a discount once they are now together which Mako was sincerely grateful for.

 

“MAKO!!! WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG?!?!”

“Oops gotta go. My ‘friend’ is waiting for me. See you next time miss?”

“Jisun. Roh Jisun. Wait are you from PD48?”

“Wait you know our school?”

“Yeah, your school is one of the famous schools though other than my school?”

“Huh?”

“You know. I.P.S.?”

“Wait you mean the ‘Idol Promise School’?!?! The school where Gyuri, Eunyoung, Sian, and Yuri previously went?”

“Yeah that school. And say hi to Gyuri for me. And tell her that her girlfriend is already missing her.”

“WHAT?!?! YOU'RE GYURI’S GIRLFRIEND?!?! THAT PUPPY HAS A GIRLFRIEND?!?! OUR CLASS PRESIDENT HAS A GIRLFRIEND?!?”

“Yeah that's me. Roh Jisun, Jang Gyuri's, aka your class pres,  aka the puppy, girlfriend.”

“Wow it's nice to meet you, Jisun-chan. I'm Mako, Kojima Mako, by the way.”

“Well hi Mako. I think Gyul mentioned you before. And please mention me to Gyuri, ok? I kinda miss her already since she's busy with school and I'm busy earning money for our future date.”

“Don't worry Jisun-chan. I will tell Gyuri when I meet her at school.”

 

“MAKO!!!”

 

“Well I guess your ‘friend’ is really waiting for you now. Bye Mako”

“Bye Jisun!”

 

Mako then went to where Juri was waiting for her and faced an impatient Juri that started scolding her for being too long inside the store. Mako then explained to her that the saleslady was Gyuri’s girlfriend and just asked about the whereabouts of her. Mako then apologized for talking too long with Jisun since she was carried away by the fact the she met their class president’s girl. Juri then just accepted it and told her that they should eat already, which Mako agreed since she also was hungry. Juri told her that she will pay this time since Mako paid for the clothes. Mako wanted to protest but when she looked at Juri’s eyes she didn't have a choice because it looks so scary. Mako told Juri that they should go to a fast food restaurant so that the bill will be cheaper than going to other restaurants since Juri will pay, but Juri insisted to go to this Japanese restaurant since she’s been craving for food from their hometown. After much pleading of Juri, Mako finally gave in.

 

They are now currently eating…. Silently….. Which is all weird because whenever they go out together, they always talk so much that it took them hours to leave the restaurant. But now, everything seems different. Mako was fine with it but Juri, she doesn’t like it. She wants to talk to Mako but she doesn’t know what topic to talk about.

‘Why are we like this now?’

‘We were never like this.’

‘Mako seems to distance herself from me.’

‘But why?’

‘Is it because of Sihyun?’

‘Mako was never in the mood when I talk to her about Sihyun though.’

 

“Mako…”

“Yeah?”

“Do you hate Sihyun?”

“W-what?” Mako was so surprised that she choked because of the food that she just ate. She immediately drank some water and calm herself down.

“What are you talking about. I don’t hate Sihyun.”

“Oh really???? You always make a face when I started talking about Sihyun to you.”

“What face????”

“The ‘I-HATE-THIS-TOPIC-SO-PLEASE-STOP’ face… The one that you always make when I also talked to you about Mion, Rena, and Anna.”

“So?”

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN SO??? It means that you also don’t like Sihyun like my former crushes and girlfriends. Why do you hate them so much?” Mako started to clutch her utensils because she body system is starting to boil already.

“Like I don’t really get you Mako. Whenever I started to have a girlfriend or a crush, you started to distance yourself to me like a jealous girlfriend. Wait…. Mako do you perhaps like me?” Mako looked at Juri with a shocked and nervous expression because she doesn’t know what to do anymore because she might confess to her unexpectedly. Mako was just thinking of what she will say but she was interrupted when Juri started to laugh vigorously.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!”

“MAKO LIKING ME?!?!?! NO JOKE, IN-LOVE WITH ME?!?!?! THAT’S SO IMPOSSIBLE!!!”

“And Mako besides you know that I may not reciprocate your feeling right?”

“W-what?” Mako was just speechless because she just receive a rejection right before her confession.

“Yeah. Like, I really can’t see you as my girlfriend because you are like a sister that I have been dreaming off. Don’t you of it too?” Mako’s mind was not functioning anymore and that her world already fell like meteor and hitting the earth and destroyed everything that was there.

“Mako?”

“Oh…. Yeah you’re r-right J-juri… Y-you’re l-like a s-sister to me.” Mako immediately went to the cashier and paid for the bill. She then went to Juri and told her that they should go back to the dorm since it’s already late. Juri was about to object but when she saw Mako’s pleading eyes, she just went with the flow and go back to the dorm already.

 

Chaeyeon and Miru were there just tables away from them and also heard their conversation. They both looked at each other and became worried to Mako. When they saw Mako and Juri standing up, they bowed their heads from preventing to be seen. They also paid for their bill and left. They also rode a taxi and got back before MJ arrived since MJ still have some stops before arriving at the taxi bay, making the two ride a taxi first. When they arrived, they immediately looked for Eunyoung. They found her with Sian, Gyuri, Sihyun, Minseo, and Nayoung, and it seems like they are planning something for the mission. When they saw the duo, they asked what happened. When Miru finished telling them what happened, they became worried for Mako. Eunyoung told them to go back to their rooms for now and just wait for what will happen tomorrow since she has to inform ‘Boss Cupid’ first. She also told Chaeyeon to go back immediately so that she can be there to comfort Mako.

 

They decided to take a taxi because Mako was not in the mood to commute anymore. The travel to the dorm was so awkward and silent because Mako sat at the front leaving Juri to sit at the back. And when they arrived at their dorm, Mako was about to pay when Juri immediately shoved some cash to the driver, which Mako didn’t even bother to object. When they arrive at their room Mako went inside their room and fixed everything that they bought earlier and changed to her pajamas. After that, she went outside to the living room without even talk or even look at Juri. Juri was just there standing and watching Mako’s every move and when she left, Juri immediately sat a her bed and started to feel an ache on her heart.

‘What happened?’

‘What did I do wrong?’

‘Mako……..’

“M-mako…” Juri suddenly felt something wet by her left cheek. And that’s when she finally realized that she was already crying. Juri heard the door open and stood-up.

“Mako I’m- Sae?” Juri was surprised to see Sae by their door in her pajamas.

“Hey. Ummmm Mako told me to switch rooms first. Is it ok with you?” Juri’s felt that her world stopped but then composed herself and told Sae that it’s fine. Then Yuri suddenly entered the room and was surprised to see Sae there. Sae then explained everything. Sae and Yuri were about to ask Juri about her ‘hangout’ with Mako earlier but then they saw that Juri was not in the mood anymore and started to lay down on her, and they decided to sleep as well.

 

What the three don’t know is that they don’t know what’s happening at the other room. But the only thing that can be heard was only the cries of a heartbroken raccoon with Aoi and Chaeyeon comforting her and just help her to sleep already since they have classes the next day and they don’t want Mako to wake up with puffy eyes from crying a lot. When Mako finally calmed down and is already sleeping, Aoi and Chaeyeon went to sleep as well.

 

All of them are now worried of what will happen to the MJ couple in the following days. Will there be a change of plan? Or will their plan be stopped because of this?