Chapter 8

For Her

As Mako went inside, she saw that everyone is there, Nayoung’s friends are just sitting there waiting for Nayoung to wake-up. Chaeyeon and Minseo are busy with their phones. She then went straight to Nayoung’s bed to check her condition, and when she saw her, Mako can’t help but feel pity to the sleeping girl because she looks so pale. She then sat beside Eunbin who’s the most worried right now. After a while, Nako came with her girlfriend Miku and they asked what happened and Misaki explained it to them while Sae was trying to make the two calm down.

“Guys, are you going to inform Hitomi about this?” everyone looked at Nako then to Mako since she knows more about Nayoung’s well-being.

“For now, don’t tell her. Nayoung doesn’t want Hitomi to know about this.”

“But Hitomi is-”

“I think Nayoung wants to avoid her for now.” No one else argued to that since they know that it is somehow true.

“Mako-unnie.” Mako looked to her said and saw Eunbin wants to talk to her.

“Yes Eunbin?”

“When will Nayoung wake-up?”

“I don’t know… Let’s just wait for her ok.”

“She’ll be fine right?”

“Yeah. She’ll be fine.”

 

It’s almost lunch time but Nayoung hasn’t woken-up yet. Mako told them to eat first but some of them told her to join them and come back together but she said that Nayoung needs to see someone she knows when wakes-up. All of them were forced to agree because they know that Mako will not move from her spot. When all of them left, Mako held Nayoung’s hand and just prayed that she will wake-up. Her body system won’t cooperate with her and then she suddenly felt sleepy. After a while, she suddenly woke-up but what surprises her is that there was a blanket that is wrapped around her.

‘Wait I slept for 30 minutes.’

‘What the?!’

‘Where this blanket came from?’

‘How did- oh wait there’s a note.’

 

Hi Mako…. I mean princess??? Hehe

Sleep well and take care of yourself. Don’t tire yourself and let others take care of you too.

 

P.S. Your smile can light-up people’s worlds… including mine ;))

P.P.S. For the blanket, you can keep it. It’s so comfy that you will really love it. Take care of it for me princess ;))

                                                                             -******

 

‘What the?!’

‘Well it’s cute but… Who sent me this?’

‘There weren’t any people who can here earlier. Or maybe when I was sleeping.’

‘THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE!!! I PROMISE I’LL TAKE CARE OF IT!!’

 

“Mako-unnie?” Mako knew that voice and when she raised her head, she saw Nayoung sitting up.

“Nayoung!!! Wait what are you doing?? Just lay down and rest.”

“But unnie, I’m already fine. See!!!”

“No you are not. The nurse said that you need to rest. And you will really rest.”

“Ok fine you win. But unnie. Who brought me here?”

“Oh, it was Gaeun.”

“WHAT?!?! SHE BROUGHT ME HERE ALONE?!?!!”

“No…. She was with Sakura and you were carried by Gaeun and the both of them brought you here. They were so worried when you collapsed in-front of them though.”

“Gosh… Now I owe them a lot.”

“They just did it for you so don’t worry about it. You should worry about your friends more since they were the ones who told me that you were missing.”

“WHAT THEY KNEW?!?!”

“Yeah, they were the ones that stayed by your side the whole time when you were still sleeping.”

“Wow…. I can't believe that they will do that for me.”

“Well though they are your friends for a reason. And besides you told me that whatever happens to me, you will be there for me. And now I'm the one who's doing it to you.”

“Thanks unnie. I really need it.”

“So what happened?” Nayoung said again but decided to tell Mako.

“I woke-up earlier because Hitomi wanted to meet me before eating breakfast. She told me to meet near our lockers which, and when I got there, I saw Hitomi and Miu with their hands intertwined with each other. I already got the idea of what's happening but I wanted them to tell me. And they finally said that they are together and that Miu asked her out at the mini garden, which was my favorite spot. MY FREAKING FAVORITE SPOT! I don't know what happened next but the next thing that I know is that I was already running away after congratulating them. Then I ended up at the mini garden, will I think it's because of my instincts since you know, you can never forget your favorite spot, and then started releasing everything that I have held-in.”

“That's where you were found and was brought here. You should have called me or Chaeyeon or Minseo earlier so that you have backup.”

“But I don't want to disturb you guys.”

“We don't care, if it's for you, then we'll do anything to help you.”

“Thanks unnie. I really needed it right now. And unnie.”

“Yeah?”

“Can I hug you right now?”

“Yes of course! Come here you big baby!”

“I'm not a baby!”

“Well you're my baby.”

 

Juri is now heading to the clinic since she was tasked by Chaeyeon to bring her and Nayoung some food since they haven't eaten lunch yet. She also met Sakura and Kaeun and told her to accompany the two for awhile until Nayoung’s friends come back to bring Nayoung back to their room. Juri was about to oppose to that idea but when she looked at Eunbin and Damin, she can't help but just accept it, which made everyone became excited.

‘I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS!’

‘WHY DID I AGREE TO THEM!!! UGHHHHH’

‘I SHOULDN'T HAVE LOOKED TO THOSE KIDS' EYES!’

‘I'M JUST DOING THIS FOR MAKO AND NOT FOR THAT BRAT.’

‘Wait… For Mako??? Why am I doing this for her???’

‘Whatever!’

‘I shouldn't have led myself to-’

 

Juri’s thoughts were interrupted when she opened the door to see Mako and Nayoung hugging each other so lovingly. She doesn't know why but her heart starts to ache now.

‘What the?!?! Why am I feeling this?’

‘I'm not like this when I saw Sihyun with other girls.’

‘But why is it happen when it's with Mako.’

‘What does this mean?’

 

“Juri?” Juri then looked at Mako and can sense that she was confused to why she is there and how she knew Mako was here. She can see that Nayoung is surprised and scared at her presence.

“Um… Hey guys…”

“J-juri-unnie, w-what a-are y-you d-doing h-here?” Mako held Nayoung’s hand to stop her from stuttering, which was noticed by Juri.

“I'm here to give you guys your lunches since your friends told me to bring this here.” Juri then gave them their lunch and started eating but Juri still didn’t leave which confused the dup again. She then explained what their friends told her to do while they are not there yet.

“Are you sure Juri-unnie? Mako-unnie and I are fine though.”

“No it’s ok. I agreed to this anyway.”

“Thank you Juri-unnie. Sorry you got involved to this.”

“No it’s ok Nayoung. Are you fine now?”

“Yeah… But I got a lot more better when you arrived.”

“Huh? Why is that?”

“Because I can finally see you and Mako-unnie together!” Mako and Juri couldn't help but blush to what Nayoung said which made the younger rejoice and the two to stopped her from continuing it. The two same-aged friends can’t help but laugh it out also. Nayoung noticed the note that Mako was holding and ask her who it came from, but Mako didn’t know who sent it but showed it to the younger. When Nayoung read the note, she started squealing and kept telling Mako that she got herself a secret admirer. Nayoung started teasing her and Juri joined a bit but she was not that happy that Mako got herself an admirer. Juri missed this closeness of her and Mako, and now he felt sorry since she now gives her time to Sihyun to other people.

 

After some time, Misaki and the others came back to check on Nayoung. They were glad that she’s finally ok and also did missed-out to tease Mako and Juri at that time. The nurse came back and told Nayoung that she can go back to their room, she also gave some medicines and vitamins for her to recover faster.

“Mako-chan, we’ll take Nayoung back to our room now.” Misaki said.

“Ok, don’t forget to remind her about her medicines.”

“We will Mako-chan.”

“How about you, Minseo and Chae?”

“We don’t have anything to do at the moment unnie.”

“Yeah and-”

*ting*

“Oops. That’s my phone” Minseo checked her phone and saw a text message from an unknown user.

‘What the…’

 

To Minseo,

Please meet me at WM cafe at 3pm. Bring Chaeyeon with you and DO NOT BRING MAKO! Thank you and I expect your presence their.

 

P.S. I’m just want to talk to you guys about something.

P.P.S. I know you guys are with Mako and Juri is also there. Just tell Mako to accompany Juri and have some time alone.

 

When Minseo was done reading it, she showed Chaeyeon the text and both of them were suspicious to the sender and was also scared since that person knows what and where they are right now. But they decided to go and meet that person.

 

“Ummmm sorry Makokii-unnie, change of plans. Me and Minseo needed to go to somewhere and meet someone.”

“What???? You guys are leaving me alone.” Mako became sad because all of her friends are now busy.

“Don’t worry unnie. There’s Juri here. She can keep you company.”

“W-what?” Mako and Juri were stunned by Minseo’s statement. Mako didn’t know why but her heart starts to beat fast and her stomach started to have some butterflies just because of the idea that she and Juri will be together ALONE.

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep Mako company.”

“Great! Thank Juri-unnie.”

“Bye guys!”

“Bye!!” And now they all left and Juri and Mako are still there being awkward to each other.

 

“Hey Mako!”

“Y-yeah.”

“Do you want to go out tomorrow?”

“W-what?” Mako didn’t but her body temperature started to rise.

“Let’s go out tomorrow. You and Me.”

“Alone?”

“Alone.”

“But what about Sihyun?”

“She has to do something tomorrow and it’s about time for the both of us to have some time alone don’t you think?”

“Yeah super.”

 

‘OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!!!!’

‘JURI AND I WILL GO OUT TOMORROW!’

‘ALONE! I REPEAT, ALONE!!!!!!’

‘THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!’

 

“Mako?”

“Oh y-yeah sure. Let’s go out tomorrow.”

“Great let’s go back to the room and rest so that we can have a lot of energy for tomorrow.”

“Y-yeah let’s do that.” Mako and Juri started to walk back to their room. Mako was still processing everything and then got surprised when Juri held her hand and intertwined their fingers together. Mako can’t help but blush that her face became a tomato and Juri for that. They went back to their dorm so happily.

 

But at a corner of the hall, there were people spying on them.

*riiiiiiiinggggg*

~Hello?~

“Hey ******, I’ve got great news.”

~Really?? What is it?~

“Mako and Juri are going to have a date tomorrow.~

~REALLY?!?! That’s great!! Thanks Sian-unnie!~

“No problem. Enjoy that meeting with the two…”

~Yeah I know…. Call you later!!~

*beeeeeeep*

 

“Hey Sian.”

“Yeah Gyuri-uunnie?”

“Do you think ******’s plan will work?”

“I’m 100% it will work… Besides, we are helping them anyway.”

“Oh well if you say so. Let’s go back and help Yuri with her confession to Yena.”

“Ok!”

 

[Minseo and Chaeyeon’s meet-up]

“Um Minseo, do you think this was a great idea?”

“I don’t know but I think this involves Mako so we have to.”

“You’re just whipped for her.”

“Shut it Lee!”

“See you’re not even denying it.”

“Whatever, wait aren’t you doing part-time at that cafe we are heading to?”

“Yeah but my contract is now over and I still have some extra cash, so I’m good.”

 

They finally arrived at the cafe and was surprised to meet Yeongin and Seunghyeon there.

“Yeongin? Seunghyeon? Were you the ones who texted Minseo to go here?”

“Oh no unnie.” Yeongin said.

“The one who texted is there seated at the farthest table the left and they have been waiting for you guys.” Seunghyeon added.

“They?”

“Two of them.” Chaeyeon and Minseo looked at each other and started to feel nervous but Yeongin assured to them that they knew them. The two wasted no time and went straight to the table. They were confused only one person was there, and they thought that the other went to the restroom. When they arrived at the table they didn’t expect it would be that person.

 

“EUNYOUNG-UNNIE?!?!?!” looked up and saw the two that they have been waiting for.

“Hey guys! Have a seat. I’ve already ordered you guys some drinks and I hope you like it.”

“Ummmmm thanks unnie.” Chaeyeon and Minseo grabbed their drinks and just sat there.

“So Eunyoung-unnie.”

“Were you the one who texted me to meet you here?”

“I’m the one who texted it but I’m not the one who requested it. I’m just helping a friend out and be her sidekick.”

“Wait if you’re not the one who wants us to be here. Then who?”

“Me……” Chaeyeon and Minseo looked to their side to see who said it and was surprised because they never-ever expected this from that person.

 

“******!?!?!?!?!?!”

“Yup that’s me! Glad that both of you came.”