Chapter 5

For Her

They day went by fast, well too fast for Mako though. It’s finally the time, the time for her to ready her heart on what will happen later.

‘This is it. It’s finally the moment the Juri has been waiting for.’ Mako was just outside her classroom waiting for Nayoung to finish fixing her things. After that they will wait for Minseo at the gate since she has to inform her friends about this. Someone called Mako’s name and when she found the owner of the voice, it’s no other than Juri’s special person, Kim Freaking Sihyun.

“Mako! Hey Mako.”

“Hi Sihyun. You need something?” Mako did her best in greeting Sihyun without making a move to kill her or something.

“Juri told me earlier that you and your friends will come to the cafe with us right?”

“Yeah, that’s right. Is there a problem to it?”

“What? Oh no, it’s not. I’m actually great that you will have some companions with you and thank you for accepting Juri’s offer though.”

“Of course, it’s her first date with you. She will need some moral support from me you know.” Mako was satisfied when she said that. She thought that Sihyun will be jealous or something but she reacted to what Mako was expecting.

“Yeah she does. You’re really a special friend to her. She keeps on telling me on how great you are as a friend.” Mako was kinda said when Sihyun said that Juri just described her as her friend, well special friend specifically.

“Ummm Mako actually I came to you because I have to tell you something.” With that Mako can’t explain what she’s feeling right now since she was to scared of what will Sihyun tell to her.

“R-really?? What is it?”

“Actually I-”

“Sihyun!!!!!!!” Sihyun and Mako conversation was cutted Juri came and immediately went to Sihyun to hug her which the taller girl gladly accepted. Mako was feeling uncomfortable with what she is witnessing right now since her heart is about to fly and escape from tragedy. Juri was so happy and excited that she forgot Mako was talking to Sihyun before she interrupted them.

“Oh Mako! Hey! You ready to go now?” Mako was a little disappointed since Juri is just focused on their date. Mako is already feeling that there is already a boundary between them because of this.

“Ummm I’m just waiting for Nayoung to come out, then we will wait for Minseo at the gate before going to the cafe.”

“Ohhhh well we can accompany you while waiting for them so that we can go there together.” Mako and Juri were surprised to what Sihyun said but agreed to it. After awhile, Nayoung finally came out of their classroom. Nayoung went to them and she noticed the tension that Mako has right now.

“Hey guys! Sorry it took me too long to get out of the classroom. Hitomi talked to me a while ago, that’s why I just came out now.” Mako can sense that Nayoung is controlling herself right now. That’s why she held her hand to keep her calm.

“So let’s go now and meet Minseo.” Mako and Nayoung went ahead leaving Juri and Sihyun behind. Juri didn’t know why but it hurts seeing Mako and Nayoung holding hands like that.

‘What am I feeling? I haven’t felt like this before.’

“Juri?” Sihyun called her attention then she extended her hand for Juri to hold on, which she gladly accepted. They went to where they will meet Minseo. And just in time when Juri and Sihyun arrived, Minseo is already there talking to Mako and Nayoung.

“Minseo!”

“Hey Sihyun! Hey Juri!”

“Hi.” Juri tried her best to be friendly but she can’t help it. Seeing Mako being this close to the two Kims is not what she wanted to see. She doesn’t know why but it just irritates her because she knows that only Mako does that to her and ONLY HER!!!

“Let’s go to the cafe now. We can’t let those two lovers over here to wait.” Mako joked and everyone laughed at it and went to their destination.

 

Their wasn’t that long since it is just a block or two from their school. Their journey was fine since they talk from time to time but it’s mostly Sihyun and Juri who does the talking. The other three are just at the back looking like some bodyguards or something. They finally arrived at the cafe and to their surprised, they met someone unexpected.

“Welcome to WM cafe! May I take- wait… Mako-unnie??? Juri-unnie???” Mako and Juri were surprised to see their roommate working here.

“Chaeyeon??? You work part-time???” Mako asked.

“Yeah. I just wanted some extra cash aside from my allowance. So what are you guys doing here?”

“Sihyun and I are having a date here while the other three are here to keep us company.” Chaeyeon was surprised to what Juri had said. She immediately looked at Mako with concernedly but Mako signalled her that she’s fine.

“Oh ok. Well have fun, I think. So can I take your orders?” They have ordered what they wanted and started finding their seats. Juri and Sihyun already found themselves comfortable at a table that is near the window while Mako, Nayoung, and Minseo were seated a little far from them which made Sihyun protested to it but eventually gave in when they told her that it’s their date, that’s why they have to focus on each other and do not let themselves be distracted that easily by other people.

 

After some minutes, Chaeyeon served their drinks and started to have their time on their own.

“Wow Mako. I never thought that you will agree to this.” Mako just looked at Minseo and just shrugged to what just said.

“Well it's Mako-unnie. Of course she will agree everything that Juri-unnie will say. And it's because-”

“SHE’S WHIPPED FOR HER!!” Nayoung and Minseo started laughing at each other while Mako was protesting that she not whipped to Juri.

“Oh come on Unnie. Accept the truth already. You never rejected anything that Juri-unnie will ask you to do.” Mako just sighed because what Nayoung said is true. They were having a good time that they didn't know that they are looking at them.

 

“They seem to be having a great time huh? Right, Juri?” Sihyun looked at Juri and she was just focused on Mako’s table that she forgot to focus on their own date.

“Juri?”

“Oh yeah sorry. Yeah you're right. They seem to be having fun.”

“You're really lucky to have Mako.” Juri was confused to why Sihyun said that to her.

“Really why??”

“It's because you guys treat each other like sisters.”

“Of course! We've been friends for years already.” Sihyun looks at her suspiciously that Juri feels so nervous right now.

“Juri, can I ask you something. It's serious though.” Juri doesn't know why but she starts to get a little scared because Sihyun looks very serious right now.

“Y-yeah s-sure. Ask away.”

“Ok so….. Takahashi Juri-”

 

Mako was observing them the whole time and she can't help but be curious on what they are talking.

“Earth to Goddess Mako!”

“See Nayoung I told you the she looks at you when you call her goddess.”

“Ohhhhh now I know. Thanks Minseo-unnie!”

“No problem!” Mako looked at the two who seemed to be trying to get her attention the whole time. She brought her attention back to the ‘lovely’ couple on the other side. She can't help but feel jealous. Her heart can't handle what's going on and she needs something to do because it really hurts so much.

“I see that you guys are having a good time?” The three looked to where the voice was and saw Chaeyeon standing in-front of them still in her work uniform.

“Me and Nayoung are fine. Ask the girl who doesn't take her view away from the lovely couple at the back. Wait, your shift is done already?” Mako looked at Minseo and Minseo just ignored her.

“Yeah. Can I join you guys for now? And Mako-unnie, can we go back to our dorm together?”

“Yeah sure Chaeyeon.” Chaeyeon sat down next to Mako and observed her actions.

“Ummmm Goddess Mako???” Nayoung called Mako’s attention and Chaeyeon asked why they added ‘goddess’, and Minseo explained it for her. Chaeyeon started laughing and teasing Mako which resulted to having a smack in the head.

“You were saying Nayoung.”

“Ummm I need to go now.”

“Wait now? As in right now?” Mako was kinda disappointed since Nayoung will leave already.

“Yeah sorry. Hitomi just texted me and told me to meet her right now.” Mako sensed something wrong, and she feels it when Nayoung will meet with Hitomi. That's when she came up with an idea.

“Minseo, go with Nayoung.” Minseo, Nayoung, and Chaeyeon were shocked to what Mako just said. Minseo was about to ask why but when she met Mako’s eyes, she finally understood it and decided to come with Nayoung.

“Don't worry Nayoung-ie, I'll be hiding somewhere that Hitomi won't see me.”

“Ok. Are you sure about this unnie? How about you?”

“Don't worry. Chaeyeon is here to keep me company. Right? And we have each other's number anyway.” Chaeyeon nodded her head and with that, Nayoung left with Minseo at her side. Now it's Mako and Chaeyeon now. It's a little awkward since they haven't had a conversation just the two of them.

 

“So it's just the two of us unnie huh??” Chaeyeon awkwardly said.

“Y-yeah…..” Mako didn't know what to say next. She wanted to talk to her but she doesn't know how.

“Hey Chae.”

“Chae?”

“Oh Sorry.. Umm can I call you that??”

“Yeah sure unnie. No one has called me that anyway.”

“Really?!”

“Yeah! You're the first one unnie.” Mako didn't know why but she felt special when she was the first one to call her ‘Chae’.

“Unnie, can I also call you ‘Maki’???”

“Maki?? Where did that came from?”

“Mako-unnie plus ‘Tanuki’ like Raccoon in Japanese… It's a perfect though.”

‘Oh great… Here comes the raccoon again.’ Mako laughed at the younger’s antics.

“How about Makokii instead?”

“Makokii??? That's perfect. Ok. From now on I will now call you Makokii-unnie.”

“Ok Chae.” Both of them smile at each other because they finally got close.

“Hey unnie. Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah sure. What is it?”

“How does it feel to be in-love?” Mako was surprised with the question because she is not prepared for it. She didn't know what to say but she can see that Chaeyeon wanted to hear some advice from her. She looked to where Juri is and finally thought of what she will say.

“Being in-love can make you feel a lot of emotions. Like at a moment you are happy with each other then in a span of seconds, you will feel sad and hurt because you know that it is not you the she likes.”

“Like you to Juri-unnie?”

“Yeah like me to her.” Mako sighed and then looked at Sihyun with envy and jealousy.

“And me to Eunbi-unnie.” Mako looked at her roommate and she just sighed. Mako didn't expect this from her. She thought that Chaeyeon and Eunbi are already a thing. She then saw how depressed Chaeyeon is because of that.

“Chae… I'm sorry I didn't know.”

“It's okay no one knows. You guys all thought that we are together, but in reality Eunbi-unnie dating someone else.”

“WHAT?!?! EUNBI-CHAN IS DATING SOMEONE?!?! WHO?? HOW??”

“Actually I already felt that Eunbi-unnie will ask someone out, so that's why I cling onto her until she got herself a girlfriend.”

“So that's why you never left her side.”

“Yeah, I'm just being clingy to her because that's already my chance to be that close to her. And you know, you guys were thinking that we were really in a relationship makes me feel happy because at least there was a time that we were together even if it's just a thought.”

“Chae… Why didn’t you tell us?” Mako started to worry about her roommate so much that she wanted to protect her.

“I just don’t want you guys to worry about me. And besides, Eunbi-unnie finally announced her relationship with Sae, I’ll start to keep a distance from them from now on.”

“Wait Eunbi-chan is dating Sae? As in Murase Sae?” Mako is so messed up with all the news and secrets that she just knew.

“Yeah Murasa Sae-unnie. Well I can’t help it though, she’s unnie’s ideal type, what can I do to fight for her love.” Mako held Chaeyeon’s hand and she gladly accepted it. After a while, they decided to go back to the dorm already since it’s already late. They told Juri and Sihyun that they will leave first, and Sihyun told Mako that she will bring Juri back to their dorm later. Mako then agreed and then left with Chaeyeon hand-in-hand which was noticed by the one and only Takahashi Juri.

 

‘Oh great another threat.’ Juri then watched them leave together and just shrugged it off and just spend the rest of the time with Sihyun.