Chapter 16

For Her

Mako and Nana are now walking to the cafeteria since they are already hungry. They went there hand-in-hand and some students noticed and envied them because of their sweetness. When they reached there, Nana saw Juri and Mako’s other friends (MJ Love Quest Group) and was about to tell the older to seat beside them when Mako then went straight to where Minju, Choyeon, and Yuri are. She then followed her and also shrugged the thought the she saw the disappointed look that Juri just gave to Mako. When the three saw the couple, they didn’t missed the chance to hug the two especially Mako since it has been so long since she joined them for lunch, and were more excited when she brought her girlfriend with her.

 

“Mako-unnie!! Nana-Unnie!! Good thing that you joined us for today.” Choyeon excitedly exclaimed.

“Ofcourse! I won’t forget my friends, won’t I?”

“It’s nice to see you joining us also Nana-unnie.”

“Mako-chan was the one who insisted me to join and also I don’t to miss the chance on finally meeting the Korean friends that helped her here in Korea.” Nana joyfully exclaimed and Yuri excused herself since Yena called her for a talk. Her friends didn’t missed a chance teasing her, even Nana joined them when she realized what’s happening, leading the girl blushing like crazy before going to the person of her dreams. Mako then left for awhile to buy some food for her and Nana leaving the three.

 

“So Nana-unnie, I just wanna ask. How did Mako asked you out? It just a surprise that she moved-on from Juri-unnie and found herself a girlfriend that fast.” Minju asked but immediately shutted when she realize that she mentioned something that wasn’t to be told. She then apologized to Nana when the latter just shrugged it off.

“It’s okay Minju-chan. And besides even if we may look like a couple, I’m just doing this to help her move-on from her feelings to Juri-san.

“What? I thought that you’re her girlfriend?” Choyeon asked and Minju just looked at her suspiciously.

“I am. Just for two months only though.” Choyeon and Minju looked at each other then to Nana and the latter can feel that they needed answers from her. Nana thinked for awhile and decided to tell them the truth since she knows she can trust the two since Mako once told her that those two are the ones you can tell your secrets because they won’t exposed you no matter what unlike other people. She then proceeded in explaining them everything they need to know, from how Nana had feelings for Mako back in Japan until to their deal with dating each other. When she finished explaining, she laughed on how the younger girls looked like kids who just spaced out for a while.

 

“Sooooooo… You have feelings for Mako-unnie way back when guys are still in Japan but was rejected because she has feelings to Juri-unnie, up until now. And now, you came here because you wanted to realise all your feelings to her before you finally agree with the marriage that your parents arranged for you. And also Mako-unnie agreed to it so that she can move-on from Juri-chan?” Choyeon clarified which Nana nodded for confirmation. Choyeon was just shocked with what she told her and Minju was just staring at Nana and just fidgited her fingers which was noticed by Nana.

 

“Minju-chan, do you have something to say? You can ask me anything though?” Minju was still shy about what she was about to say but then she saw the look of Nana and she got the courage to finally open-up.

“Unnie. How does it feel of loving someone which you know that she can’t love you back?”

“Well at first, you will feel disappointed and hurt since you can’t understand why but after some time, you will be able to understand why that person loves you back.”

“Even with your effort of making the person notice your feeling to her?”

“Yup. When Mako-chan told me she can’t like me back, I was so mad at Juri-san at first but after some time, I realize on how she cherishes Juri-san as her own. I eventually gave up but there is still something in my heart that needed to be fix. That’s when I realized that it’s the part of my heart that’s for her. When my parents told me that I’m getting married, my heart started to look for her. That’s when I told them to make me stay here for a while so that that this feeling will be fixed and it will not be a hindrance when I am already married.” Minju was amazed with how she explained every single detail that she needs to know, but there is still one thing that she needed advice for.

“Um unnie can I ask you one more thing? But please don’t tell anyone, even you Choyeon.” The two nodded their heads and gave Minju a sign to continue.

“What if that person is straight? How will you confess?” Nana and Choyeon were surprised and asked who and looked to where Minju was looking and finally got the clue.

“Kim Chaewon?”

“Yup.” Nana thought for a while and then told the younger her opinion.

“From what I see, I thought Chaewon is not straight but since you told me the opposite, I have no choice but to agree with you.

 

Since you know that she’s not into that kind of relationship, it’s better if you confessed to even if you already know the outcome. Telling your feelings will lessen the weight that your heart is carrying. And if she rejected you, just continue to be there for her, even if she sees you as a friend. Being with her than avoiding her will lessen the chance of your friendship to be destroyed.” Choyeon agreed to what she said and also comforted her. Minju thanked the two, especially Nana, and told her that she will take in mind everything she told her and try to confess her feeling to Chaewon. Just as they finished what they were talking about, Mako came with various food that she can share it with the younger kids. Mako then asked what happened while she was gone, and Nana told her everything, even the part of Minju liking Chaewon. Mako then looked at Minju and gave her some advice for. Minju was thankful to all of them for the help that they gave. They finished lunch and the younger girls asked the couple to join them to going to the mall later, which the two agreed. Minju said that she already invited Yuri, Saho, and Tomu. Nana asked about Juri but Choyeon said that she has other plans already. Mako was sad but nonetheless was happy since she will be hanging-out with her friends.