Chapter 4

For Her

Today is the day. The day that Juri has been waiting for ever since they got here. And it is also the day that Mako doesn’t and never wanted to happen. IT’S THE DAY OF JURI’S DATE!!

‘WHY IS IT TODAY?!?!?! OF ALL THE TIME THAT WE HAVE, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS DAY?’

‘I’M ALREADY ENJOYING MY TIME WITH NAYOUNG THEN JURI JUST HAVE TO FREAKING REMIND ME OF THEIR FREAKING DATE!!!!’

“Mako!!!!!!” Mako looked to the sound and saw that Aoi is calling her. Mako waved to her and she waved back.

“Hey Aoi! You ready to see me heartbroken again?”

“Umm Mako about that…. I can’t come with you.”

“WHAT?!?!?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU CAN’T COME WITH ME?! WHAT HAPPENED?!”

“Ok, calm down Mako-”

“CALM DOWN?!?!?!”

“MAKO LISTEN TO ME!! Ok so yeah I promised you that I will accompany to Juri’s date, but something came up and I just have to go there…. I’m really sorry Mako. I promise I’ll make it up to you.”

“Something came up???? Are you sure??? Or you just don’t wanna come with me.”

“NO NO NO… It’s not like that. I will just accompany someone after classes.” Mako looked at her suspiciously and she think where this conversation will end up.

“By saying you will accompany someone else, you’re saying that you have a date. Am I right????” Aoi started to feel nervous that she starts to sweat.

“Come on Aoi, you can never lie to me. So who’s your lucky date?”

“Ummmm it’s Natsumi…”

“Oh… Matsuoka Natsumi???” Aoi just nodded and then hides her face because her face starts to turn red like a tomato.

“Uhhhhhh look at baby Aoi… You’re blushing.. OMG You grow up so fast.” Mako started acting like a mom being proud of her daughter and started laughing.

“Ughhh stop it Mako! But what now?? Will you be fine later?” With Aoi’s question, Mako then remembered the tragedy that she will encounter later if she goes there alone. She has two choices. First is that she has to think of a plan to excuse herself from joining them or she has to find someone to join her. Well she can just think of an excuse but Juri won’t believe it and it might end up with an argument between the two. She can find someone to join her. But who?

“Oh man, who should I ask to come with me later?????” Mako started panicking inside.

‘How about Nayoung or Minseo?’

‘Yeah I should ask them both so that they will keep me company.’

‘Oh yeah. I still have Minseo’s hanky. I should give it back to her when I see her.’

‘For now I'll look for Nayoung.’

 

Since their classes are about to start, she decided to ask Nayoung later. The classes are just fine for Mako since she's one of the top students in her class. Sometimes people will ask her for help in this subject whenever they don't understand it, and Mako is just fine teaching it to them. Time went by faster than Mako ever thought it will be, and now it's break time! Everyone’s favorite subject, especially Chiyori and Noe.

‘Ok now let's talk to Nayoung. Let's go Mako! Let's-’

“Mako-unnie?”

“Oh Nayoung! I was about to call you.”

“Oh really? Well can I join you and your friends this break?”

“Huh??? Really??? I thought you and Hitomi-”

“She's with Miu.” Mako didn't say another word since she knows what will happen if they will further talk about this. She agreed with Nayoung and they both went to their friend’s table. When they got there, Mako told them that Nayoung will join them for now. All of their were surprised since they didn't expect Mako to have a chance to talk to other people since she is not that sociable to others. Even so, they are happy that Mako has other friends than them and they agreed to let Nayoung join them. Nayoung thanked them and they happily talk about the things that happened during their classes but one person is not that happy at the moment, and that person is Juri. Juri watches Mako and Nayoung talking happily and Nayoung sometimes tells some jokes or starts making funny faces that made Mako laugh non-stop. Juri didn't know why but she doesn't like seeing Mako like that to other people other than her.

‘When did Mako became close with that Nayoung kid?’

‘When did that happened?’

‘Maybe it's by the time when they both went to the restroom during our free time.’

‘They seemed to be happy when they got back.’

“Minseo!!!” Juri broke out from her thoughts and then followed her vision to where Mako is going. Then she realized that Mako went to one of the ‘Celebrity Five Trio’, Kim Minseo, when they passed by their table.

“Oh Mako… Hey there. You need anything?” Mako didn't say anything and just handed her the hanky that she lend few days ago.

“Oh you still have that?”

“Huh what do you mean?”

“I thought that, I don't know, throw it away?” Mako was surprised with what Minseo said to her.

“Why will I throw away such a precious thing?” Minseo just laughed to what said about her handkerchief, like hellooooo… it’s just a handkerchief.

“What do you mean that it's a precious thing? It's just a hanky.”

“But this hanky removed all the pain that I felt when you saw me that day. That’s why it’s special to me, especially when the owner of it is a kind-hearted and caring person.” Mako then smiled when she saw Minseo being flustered and started blushing. That’s when Mako started to laugh non-stop and Minseo became embarrassed but eventually laughed it out also. What they didn’t know is that there is one person looking and watching their every move.

‘What the?!?!? Another one?’

‘First is that kid Kim Nayoung and now it’s Kim Minseo??? When did they talked to each other? When did they became that close?’

‘Wait did Mako mentioned something about pain?? Wait did she cry before and I didn’t know about it?’

‘I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! SHE WAS EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE AND THEN SHE WAS JUST ALONE….. SHE COULD HAVE CALLED ME, RIGHT?!?! LIKE THAT’S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR?’

‘KOJIMA MAKO!!! YOU BETTER EXPLAIN THIS TO ME AND-’

‘Wait what am I thinking? Mako is not my girlfriend begin with. She’s just a sister. Yeah! My special sister.’

‘It’s Sihyun that I like and no one else. So Juri let’s just focus our heart to Sihyun ok. Let Mako do her thing and I do mine.’ Juri then made a satisfied smile and then bring her attention back to Mako and her ‘new friends’.

“So are you guys available after classes?” Juri heard Mako asked both Minseo and Nayoung.

“After classes where to though?” Minseo asked.

“To a cafe… I’m supposed to accompany someone to her date but I don’t want to be a third-wheel so that’s why I’m going to be on a different table from them so that’s why I needed someone to accompany me.” Nayoung looked at Mako then motioned her head pointing at Juri which made Mako nodded her head. Once Nayoung understood the situation, she then whispered it to Minseo. Then they both looked at each other like their doing telepathy or something then they both agreed to accompany Mako later after classes.

“Sure Unnie, I’ll join you since my friend is also busy later (*cough* Hitomi with Miu *cough*).” Juri looked at Nayoung with disbelief.

‘What?! What happened to Aoi?’ Juri then anxiously looked at Minseo and waited for her answer.

‘Please say no. Please say no.’

“Sure Mako I’ll join too. I’ll just have to tell my friends to go home already and not wait for me after classes.” Minseo happily agreed then Mako the both of them and starting saying her thanks to them. And then she bid her friends a goodbye since it’s almost time. She then left with them to go to their classes. Juri just watched the scene and it made her uneasy.

‘WHAT THE FREAKING HELL?! YOU TOO????? OHHHHHH GREAT… JUST GREAT.’ Juri didn’t know what she was doing but then she started to crumple her juice box like she’s going to murder it. She then decided to shrugged it off since she needed to focus because her long awaited date will be later. She then threw her murdered juice box and started walking back to her class and anticipate what will happen later since Sihyun told her that she wanted to talk about something during their date. Will something good will happen? Is it for Juri or for Mako?