Chapter 13

For Her

“Please be my girlfriend?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“W-what?” Mako couldn't believe what she heard. Yes she knew the younger’s feelings for her, but she didn't know that it well get to this point.

“Naanya… But you know that-”

“That you like Juri-san. Yes I know that.”

“But-”

“Please Mako-chan! Please accept my offer and let me show you my love before…”

“Before what????”

“Ugggghhhh I guess I have no other choice but to tell you…”

“Tell me what??? Owada Nana are hiding something from me??”

“No No it's not like that. But promise me you won't tell anyone.”

“Yes yes I promise!” Nana took a deep breath before telling Mako something that she has been hiding from everyone.

“Ok. It's because-”

 

 

Juri is now at the cafeteria looking for Gyuri, since the puppy told her that if she wants Mako to be hers, she needs to find them during breaktime. On the other corner, Gyuri is also waiting for Juri’s arrival, when she finally became visible to her sight, she immediately called her and motioned her to come where she was.

“Juri-chan!”

“Hey Gyuri-chan… So you told me that you’ll help me?”

“Yes but let’s wait for the other members of the ‘MJ Love Quest’.”

“What? ‘MJ Love Quest’?”

“That’s the name of the mission of making you and Mako become a couple.”

“Wait….. You were planning this already?”

“Well actually ever since you guys came here. But I’m not the ‘Boss Cupid’.”

“Huh?”

“The mastermind.”

“But who-”

 

“Hey Gyuri!!!”

“Hi Gyuri-unnie!”

 

Juri then looked at the source and she was surprised to see Sian, Eunyoung, and Yuri. But she’s more surprised of is that Mako’s friends (Chaeyeon, Minseo, Nayoung), even Miru, are also here.

“Chaeyeon?! Minseo?! Nayoung?! Miru?!  WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE, ARE YOU ALSO PART OF THIS PLAN?!?!?!”

“Ummmm hi unnie… Yes, we are part of the plan…. Hahahahahahah” Chaeyeon just scratched her head and the other three just lowered their heads when Juri was glaring at them.

“Yes Juri they are part of the plan.” Eunyoung said and then started to tell Juri everything about the plan and about ‘Boss Cupid’. Juri then stared, well more of glared, at Minseo when she found out her role in the plan but she was more curious of who has the role on making Mako jealous. Just as Gyuri was about to say who it was, Sihyun arrived at their table and was surprised to see Juri there. That’s when she finally processed that Juri finally realized her feelings and is now making their plan a success.

 

“Her.” Juri looked at Gyuri and was confused to who and what she was referring to.

“She has the other role as Minseo.” Juri was still processing it but then when she finally realized what Gyuri meant, she looked at an apologetic Sihyun.

“SIHYUN!!!”

“I'm sorry ok. But always remember that my feelings for you were really real.”

“But... Why?”

“Remember what I told you before, that I may have feelings for you but we are not destined to be together.” After Sihyun said that, there was an awkward silence for awhile until Eunyoung brought up the plan again. They explained some other details to Juri and the latter was surprised to what they have planned already. What she wants to know now is who ‘Boss Cupid’ is?

“Wait so Eunyoung-chan is the only one who knows who the so-called ‘Boss Cupid’ is?”

“Yup!”

“Don't worry guys. Since Juri-chan already knows the plan, there is a higher chance that she will reveal herself to you guys.”

 

 

“Nayoung-chan!!!!”

“Misaki! Eunbin! Damin! Sae-unnie! What's up???”

“Why didn't you tell us that Mako-unnie is already taken?”

“Huh?? But she's not even dating someone.”

“Then explain that.” They all looked to where Sae (Kurihara) pointed.

 

“WHAT?!?!?!”

They saw Mako with Nana clinging onto her and acting that the are really a couple. Juri was watching them and she felt that her world just broken-down and shattered into millions of pieces. She saw that Mako was so happy being with Nana and they were just enjoying their time with each other.

 

‘Is this what she felt when I'm with Sihyun?’

‘It really hurts…’

‘How did Nana did that?”

‘I know that Mako already rejected her when we were in Japan…. Did she changed her mind and finally gave her a chance?’

‘So it means that Nana won huh.’

 

“Hey guys. I want you to meet Naanya, my girlfriend.”

“Hey guys. I'm Owada Nana, you can call me Naanya, and yes I'm also Mako-chan’s girlfriend. Please take care of me.”  Juri world just stopped when she heard those magic words.

‘Girlfriend….’

‘Girlfriend….’

‘Nana is Mako’s Girlfriend…’

‘Mako and Naanya, together…..’

‘Mako…………’

‘It’s over… I’m just late…..’

 

All of them were so surprised that no one even said anything until Yuri brought them back to reality when she was the one who greeted Nana first.

“Hi Nana-unnie! It's nice to meet you! Sorry but they were just shocked with the sudden news about of your relationship, but please take care of Mako-unnie well since she has been through a lot. And I hope that she also takes care of you too.

“Don't worry Yuri-chan. We promised each other to protect and take care of each other no matter what.” Nana smiled at Yuri and the younger also returned it. They let the newly revealed couple to seat with them and then started to interrogate them about their relationship. Since Miru and Juri already knew how close they were, the Korean friends were the ones who did the talking. They found out that the two of them were always a pair when it comes to different performances and plays in their branch and that the two of them were called the ‘Tanuki Sisters’ (Tanuki = Raccoon).  While they were busy talking to the two, Sihyun noticed that Juri is already sad and broken. She then placed her hand on Juri’s back which then made the latter flinch of the sudden move but she then move closer to Sihyun and hugged the younger to calm herself down. Nana noticed this and then nudge Mako to get her attention.

“Mako….” Nana whisper.

“Yeah??”

“Is that the girl who Juri-san likes?” Mako then looked at the two and can’t help but feel jealous about it.

“Yeah… That’s her.”

“Mako-chan…. I’m so sorry for this.”

“It’s fine. I agreed to be your girlfriend anyway.”

“Don’t worry Mako-chan. I’ll help you move-on from her.”

“I know. Thanks so much Naanya. Don’t forget the deal.”

“Ofcourse Mako-chan. I will never destroy our deal, that’s the reason why I came here for.” Mako and Nana looked at each other and then excused themselves to the group since the Mako still has to help Nana with something.

 

When the Tanuki couple left, Juri let go of Sihyun and everyone just looked at her with pity since it is evident that she cried while hugging Sihyun since her eyes are still red. They were worried about what will happen to their plan now. Eunyoung told them that she needs to leave and find ‘Boss Cupid’ to inform her about this. She reassured them especially Juri that the plan will still go on no matter what, they just have to believe her. When Eunyoung left, they immediately went to Juri to comfort her. Gyuri then told them that they all need to go back to class now since breaktime is almost over. They finally went to their respectives rooms. Juri just sat down at her chair looking lifeless and just processed everything that just happened.

 

 

 

 

 

[Somewhere around the campus]

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN MAKO AND THAT EXCHANGE STUDENT ARE DATING?!?!?!?!”

“WILL YOU PLEASE CALM DOWN!?!?!? We were also surprised by it too.”

“Are you sure they’re together?”

“Yes. Mako was the one who said it.”

“I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT THIS IS HAPPENING, WE WERE ALREADY THERE!!!”

“I know… We were just too late.”

“Eunyoung-unnie, we will not give-up. I know that Mako-unnie still likes Juri-unnie. I’M MJ’S NUMBER ONE SHIPPER! I know that Mako-unnie loves Juri-unnie.”

“Me too…. So what now??? Nana will be here for two months.”

“We’ll just wait for the time that Nana will leave and then continue the plan. It’s the only way that MJ can be a reality.”

“Ok… I’m not the only one who you should be telling that.”

“I know… I’m going to reveal myself to them now.”

“Alright. Just schedule the meeting…. You’re the only hope that the ‘MJ Love Quest’ will become a success……….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jo Gahyun.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Somewhere where Mako and Nana are]

“Are you sure you’re ok about doing this Mako?”

“It’s just for 2 months anyway…… When will be the event?”

“2 months after I will come back….”

“They really forced you to do it huh?”

“They’re my parents…. I can’t do anything about it even when I tried rejecting it.” Mako just looked at Nana with pity and the younger just sighed.

“Good thing they allowed you to be here.”

“I gave them a deal. I’ll do what they want but let me first do what I want with you since you are my first love.” Nana looked at Mako and just chuckled to what she just said.

“Naanya… I-”

“It’s not your fault Mako.. It’s mine. Let’s go back to our room now” Nana started to walk but was surprised when Mako grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug.

“Don’t worry Nana…. Starting now until your last day here in Korea, I will let you feel the love that you’ve been craving from me.” Nana was overwhelmed with Mako’s statement that she got teary and started apologizing to her. Mako then told her that she has nothing to apologize on. She then grabbed Nana’s hand and intertwined their fingers as they go back to their room happily and excited upon their first day as a couple……

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Couple’