Chapter 1

For Her

“MAKOOOOOOOOOOO” a shout interrupted Mako’s peaceful morning.

“Juri, what the heck was that for?”

“Sorry Mako but I have something to tell you.” Mako feels that Juri seems nervous and also excited, which made her heart beat super fast.

“So you were saying?” She signals her to continue what she wants to tell.

“Oh yeah, you know Sihyun?”

“Sihyun? Like Kim Sihyun? The Kim Sihyun who you adore so much?”

“Yeah that Sihyun.”

“So…. What about her?” Mako asks nervously since she feels like the words that Juri will tell her will break her heart (again).

“She asked me out on a date!!!! Isn’t it great?!?!?!?!” and she was right.

“Y-Yeah s-so great… Congrats!” Mako said carefully without making it obvious that she was about to cry already.

“Thanks!!! She finally noticed me ever since we came here.”

“And ever since you fell for her…”

“Yeah ever since I fell for her.”

Mako can never forget that moment, when she found out that her chances to be her girlfriend went back to zero when they came here to Korea...

 

~Flashback~

“KOREA!!!!!!!”

“Chiyori! Noe! Be quiet you megaphones!!!!”

“Sorry Miho-chan!!!”

Mako laughed when she saw Chiyori and Noe running away from Miho.

It’s finally the day where some Japanese Students from the PD48 School Japan branch will be transferred to their sister school in Korea.

Some were excited and some were sad because they will miss their hometown.

 

“Wow, I can’t believe we’re here.” Mako heard her classmate, Tomu, said.

“Yeah, isn’t it great!!” Saho exclaimed.

“Yeah! Can’t wait to try some streetfood!” Aoi said.

“Can’t wait to meet our Korean Schoolmates!" said Jurina.

“Watch it Matsui! It’s our first day here and all you think about is flirting with other girls.”

“Oops… Hehehe… Sorry Miru…”

“Are we going there now?” Hitomi asked.

“Yeah let’s just wait for our bus for us to get there.”

“HEY GUYS THE BUS IS HERE!!!”

“Keep it down Moe.”

“Come on guys. Let’s hurry so that we have time to rest.”

 

All 35 girls went inside the bus and started travelling to their sister school. Of all the girls, Mako may seem look calm and relaxed, but in the truth is she’s really panicking because her heart seems can’t calm down because the one who she really likes is right beside her. Not only during that ride, but ever since they had started travelling to Korea. Well who can’t blame her? Of course you will end up seated beside your best friend. Yes, Mako is in-love with her best friend, Takahashi Juri. She already fell in love with the girl ever since she started studying at PD48.

When their principal announced that he will be sending some students to Korea for them to learn about their sister school in the other country. When Mako heard about this, she prayed to be with Juri even if she has to go to another country. And with her luck, she was chosen alongside with Juri. Mako was so excited and also nervous since she knows that Juri will meet someone and fall in-love with that person, making her heartbroken and lonely again.

‘I hope I can finally confess to her.’ Mako thought

Mako was in deep thought when Juri noticed her.

“Hey Mako.” Juri called her.

“W-What? Oh Sorry. Were you saying something earlier?”

“No. But are you ok? You seem to be thinking of something.”

“Oh it’s just nothing. Just you know, a little bit nervous since we’re meeting new people.”

“Well don’t be too nervous. Besides, this what we both wanted, right? To be here in our dream country, meeting new people and having new friends and-”

“Looking for a new girlfriend.”

“Mako! I’m not like Jurina who came here for that…”

“Really?????” Mako jokingly said.

“Yes, I’m serious. For now let’s just rest so that when we get there we will have enough energy to go around the campus.”

“Ha. More like going around looking for someone potential to be your next girlfriend.”

“Mako!!!!”

“Ok I’ll stop. And also take care of yourself especially your emotions. It’s been like 3 weeks since your break-up with Mion. And also 2 weeks since you got rejected by Anna and 1 week since you told me you have a crush on Kato Rena. And 2 days ago you were telling me that you don’t have any more feelings her and now moving on.”

“Ok, first of all, Mion broke-up with me for Shinobu. Then Anna rejected me since she hasn’t moved on from Yuria. And Rena just doesn’t like me because she already has Miki. But don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine and careful. I just wish someone will like me for who I am.” Juri said.

“Like me?” Mako mumbled.

“What?”

“Oh, nothing. Let’s just sleep already.”

 

Travelling to PD48 Korean Branch is really a long drive. Some of them are already sleeping and some them and just looking outside for the view.

“WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! WE ARE HERE!!!”

“WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?! NOE!!!!”

“Ughhhhh…. What a- WOOOOOOW!!!!

“I now that Akimoto-san mentioned to us that the Korean Branch is really pretty, but I never expected it to be this beautiful.”

“I know right….”

“Let’s go down!!!”

 

When they went out the bus, they were greeted by the school’s student council president.

“Hello everyone, I am Lee Kaeun, the student council president. It is a pleasure to meet all of you our fellow schoolmates.” Kaeun said in Japanese.

“Oh you know Japanese?” Sakura asked.

“Yes. We students here are required to learn Japanese just in case there will be a time that some students from that Japanese branch will come here.” After answering she showed her smile that made Sakura flustered and caught off-guard. Then, Mako noticed something with Sakura.

“Hey Sakura.” Mako whispered.

“What?”

“You might want to cover your face for now.”

“Huh? Why is that?”

“You’re blushing. And by the way, the student council president is looking at you right now.”

“OH MY GOD!! THANKS MAKO!!” Sakura did what Mako told her since she was right and now she can see Kaeun looking at her and watching her.

 

“So now I will divide you into small groups and assigned you each to a student who will tour you here and also show you guys your dorms.” Kaeun announced.

“Ok. Let’s start-

- and for the last group. Takahashi Juri, Kojima Mako-”

“Mako we’re together again.”

“Yeah I know, be quiet so I can here who will join us.”

“-Motomura Aoi, and Murase Sae. You will be accompanied by Kim Sihyun.”

“Hey guys.” A voice welcomed them.

“I’m Sihyun, your tour-guide. A pleasure to meet you all and welcome to the Korean Branch of PD48.” Sihyun said joyfully showing her signature smile.

“Oh my God, Mako, She’s really pretty.”

“Keep it down Juri. You might embarrass yourself.”

“Please be reminded that your roommates are the ones who are in your group right now. You will also be having 2 Korean roommates which you will meet when you go to your respective dorms. That is all for now. Enjoy your stay here!” Kaeun exclaimed.

 

The tour started and all of them were amazed on how this branch is different from their branch in Japan. Mako can’t help but observe her best friend who is in front while listening (more like admiring) to Sihyun. That’s when she felt an ached in her heart.

‘What the?!?! Not again…’ Mako said in her thoughts.

“And that’s about everything here in this school. So here is your dorm.” Mako’s thoughts were interrupted when Sihyun opened the door to their dorm.

“Wow!” That’s what all 4 of them said when they stepped inside their dorm.

“Hi Sihyun! Oh My Gosh! Hi! You guys must be our roommates. I’m Jo Yuri and this is Lee Chaeyeon.”

“Hi!”

They all said their introductions and also decided their respective rooms. As usual, Juri is with Mako again (which made Mako shouting and cheering internally). They were joined by Yuri. Mako chose the solo bed while the other two chose the bunk bed with Yuri choosing the top bunk, leading Juri to choose the lower bunk.

After putting all their stuff in their rooms, Mako can see Juri talking to Sihyun at their living room. Even if she knows that it is bad to eavesdrop, but she can’t help but be curious to what they are talking about.

“I hope to see you around the campus.” She heard Juri said.

“Don’t worry; we will really see each other. If you want to talk about something or having some problem adjusting here, just look for me ok?” With what Sihyun said she can’t help but feel jealous about it.

“I will! Thank you so much.” Juri said happily.

“Great! So I’ll be taking my live now. Bye guys. Enjoy your stay here and see you around!” When Sihyun left, Juri started jumping like a kid.

“Is she alright?” Chaeyeon asked.

“That’s what she does when the person she likes noticed her. I have a feeling that our Juri is in-love?” Sae mentioned.

“Lol Juri being in-love again.” Aoi commented.

“So Juri-unnie, you like Sihyun-unnie?” Yuri asked her.

“Yeah, I think so.” When Mako heard those words from her, that’s when she felt like her world fell and broken again.

~Flashback End~

 

Mako can feel that Juri is really happy about it, that’s why she force herself to be happy than do something that may affect their friendship.

“So when’s the date?” Mako asked

“This Friday after class. You should come to.” Juri said excitedly.

“WHAT?!?! NO WAY!!! I don’t want to be a third wheel to you guys..”

“But it will be awkward for just me to be there… You can bring Aoi with you. Please Mako… Please……”

‘TOO CLOSE!! TOO CLOSE!!’ Mako thought as she sees Juri moving towards her.

“Ughhhh fine, I’ll ask Aoi to come with me.” Mako eventually agrees.

“Yay! Thanks-”

“But we will be in a different table.”

“Ok. Ok. No problem. Thanks Mako!!!”

“Yeah Yeah. No problem. I’ll go now and find Aoi.”

“Ok. Bye Mako!”

“Bye.” Mako forcefully said.

‘Aoi is going to kill me.’

 

“Wait so you’re telling me to accompany you after classes this Friday to where Juri and Sihyun will date?” Aoi asked her again just in case she have misheard something.

“Yeah.”

“You’re one stupid girl.” Aoi remarked

“Yah!!!” Well it can’t be helped. It’s true by the way. Mako is stupid when it comes to love.

“So you will accompany me?” Mako asked one last time.

“Yes, I will accompany you.”

“Yay! Thanks Aoi!”

“No problem. But Mako….”

“Yeah?”

“You should really make a move already, before you lose her.”

“Yeah I will.” With Aoi’s warning, she can’t help but feel scared of the outcome after their date this Friday, but she knows that it will be a start of a world where Juri will leave her again for another person. Even though she already experienced this in the past, she can’t help but feel the pain over-and-over again. For now she waits and sees what lies ahead for her and Juri.