Chapter Three

Jonghyun, Your New Name is Domo!

Chapter Three:

Jonghyun's POV

"I'm home!" I called out, tossing my bag on the couch.

"Annyeong Domo! I'm in the kitchen!" she called back. This chick... sounds... happy?

I walked over to the kitchen and she was mixing spicy kimchi and making something in the steamer. "Can you check the jjinpang mandu?" she smiled.

I nodded, kind of... scared. "What's with the mood?" I asked. She glanced up at me, confused.

"What mood?" she asked, tilting her head slightly.

"This morning you were like, pms-y." I accused.

"Oh, mianhae. I was just... scared for an upcoming test." she laughed slightly.

"Oh... But didn't you have a test yesterday? And where's Taemin? Is he coming back?" I asked.

She burst out laughing, the laugh reaching her eyes. "You're just full of questions! *laugh* Taeminnie's at my Appa's and will be back in a month, and you have to take a lot of tests in college."

"Oh." I muttered. I let it be quiet for a few minutes and just stood by the jjinpang mandu like I knew what I was doing.

"Are they done?" she asked.

"Yup!" I smiled. Crap. I have not clue if they're done! They still look like dough!

She set up the table and put all the food on my plate, like my Umma used to do.

"Why do you want to call me Domo?" I asked as she was about to take a bite of the rice.

"I don't like your name." she said bluntly. There she goes again, she must be bi-polar.

"Wae?" I asked, taking a drink of my water.

"If I tell you, will you promise not to bring it up?" she asked. I nodded and tried the jjinpang mandu. Not bad! "You wouldn't believe it, but in high school I was a queenka." she started.

I dropped my chopsticks and gaped at her.

She nodded and continued, "I got taken advanaged of by a guy who shares your name. Ever since then I try to make myself not remember. So I don't really talk at school, and dress like this."

"What did he do?" I asked.

"I don't like to talk about it. I also just met you this morning, we're not exactly close." she laughed fakely.

"Arasso. Mianhae." I murmured.

"So is it okay if I call you Domo?" she asked, batting her eyelashes. If she didn't look like crap, I would have thought she was almost pretty.

"Why Domo? Why not something more masculine?" I asked.

She lifted up her phone and displayed a domo phone chain. "And that reminded you of me?" I asked, bug eyed.

She nodded. "Don't ask, because it just did."

"Aish, fine! But I get to have a nickname for you!" I pouted.

"Okay. You can call me Master!" she smiled.

"What? Nevermind I'll call you EunRi." I sighed.

"Maybe master EunRi..." she pondered, tapping her chin.

"No! I'm not going to call you that!" I scoffed.

"What can I do to make you call me that?" she asked.

"Dress up like a queenka." I blurted out, without thinking.

"Hmm. Fine. But later." she laughed, "You really care about appearences that much?"

"A-Ani! It was just- I didn't mean-"

"I had a friend once, who was my friend for me, not my looks. But he moved." she sighed and picked up her plate.

"What?" I asked, totally lost by the change of subject.

"I ramble! He used to call me Rambling Rinrin." she laughed.

"Oh... What was his name?" I asked.

"Choi Minho." she smiled, then picked up my plate.


Sorry it's short, but it was kinda a quickie because I was watching the superbowl.

I'll update a better one tomorrow^-^