Chapter 16

Jonghyun, Your New Name is Domo!

 

Minho's POV

Her eyes were wide staring around the entire living room. There was a makeshift popcorn machine, a cotton candy machine, and even more. The whole hose was decorated like Lotte World. Faaantastic.

"Eunri-ah, I felt bad about how our outing at Lotte World ended, and I wanted to make it up to you." Jjong smiled, holding his arms out.

She was still wide eyed, looking around the room. Key and Eunri made eye contact, his lips forming a smile while he rolled his eyes slightly. What was that all about?

"Noona, it's so cool, right?" Asked Taemin, his eyes also wide.

"Of course it cool," she laughed, "No, scratch that. This. Is. Awesome!"

"So you like it?" Jonghyun asked, his eyebrows raised.

"Obviously she does." I interrupted. "Jong, can I have a quick word with you?"

He nodded and we went into the other room, while I saw Onew guide Eunri and Taemin towards the popcorn machine.

"I didn't realize you thought this was some sort of competition." I scoffed, turning around to face him.

"Competition? Minho, this isn't some stupid dance contest." He accused, popping his head down the hallway to make sure Eunri was out of earshot.

"I never said that, but I get the strong feeling you are trying to one up me right now." I snapped back.

"I really don't have to explain myself to anyone, especially you." Jonghyun sighed, he was rolling his eyes more than he was breathing.

"Excuse me, can I say something?" A voice entered.

I turned around and saw a man I knew as Kibum.

"I don't see how this concerns you." I questioned.

"It doesn't. But I know the situation, and I too know Eunri. I know if she found out that you two were playing some sort of game to try and win the girl, she'd feel like some object, some prize. That is not how you want this to go. You are NOT competing for her. You need to go about this like adults." this Kibum said.

He was right, she'd be crushed if she knew that all of this was going on behind her back.

"So what do you propose?" Jonghyun asked, interrupting my thoughts. God, he's good at that.

"Be her friend. Let things take their natural course. I know you two like her, and I'm not saying to act like you don't. All I'm saying is to maintain a decent relationship between you two, and and pursue her as if you didn't know the other liked her." he explained.

"Alright, that sounds good to me." I nodded.

"Same here." Jonghyun agreed.

"Alright, we've been gone for a bit, I don't want Eunri to get suspicious." I said, clearing my throat.

 

I went back to the Lotte World Jonghyun had made for Eunri, and she scurried up to me.

"Oppa, you know why he did this right?" Eunri laughed.

"Uh, wait, why?" I asked. Oh god, she heard everything.

"He tied my hair to my bed! I made him feel terrible, don't you remember?" she explained, looking up at me with one eyebrow raised.

"Ohhh!" I sighed with relief. "Yeah, I don't know how I forgot."

"Eunri!" Jognhyun jumped in, "want a cotton candy?"

"Deh! Kaja!" she smiled abd bounced away.

"Yah! Hyung! Me too!" Taemin whined, following close behind.

He was always was such a cute kid. I'm glad that has stayed with him.

Suddenly my phone rang, "Yobosaeyo?" I answered, seeing that Siwon was calling.

"Ah, so you're back from your little vacation, wanna come back to work now bro?"

"Aish, yeah, I'll be right there." I sighed. Work. Fantasic.

"Eunri, I have to go to work okay? I'll see you later." I nodded towards Eunri. I then turned around and looked at Taemin, "There's another compition tonight, will you guys be coming?"

"Deh hyung, we will be there." He said, completely absorbed in his cotton candy.

"Alright, I'll catch up with you guys later!" I waved walking out the door.

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

Seeing Eunri's face so bright makes all of this worth it. This took a while. I made Key and Taemin work very hard during the late hours of the night!

You see, my job was to be an authoritative figure.

"Domo! Will you take me back to Lotte World soon? I want to experience the rest of the rides as well." Eunri asked me, her face beaming.

"We'll have to find some time that we can go!" I agreed.

"Deh." she smiled and continued to watch Taemin zoom around like an airplane.

Aish, this boy.

 

Later that day...

 

"Jjong! Are you ready for tonight? We have everyone here! Might as well practice!" Taemin offered.

"I'm pretty sure we're solid." I scoffed.

"Actually, we might want to practice." Key countered.

"Waeyo? We're always great." I questioned.

"Yah, practice never hurt anybody. We're practicing." Onew said, interrupting all of us.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. We are always superb. I don't understand why he wants to make a big deal about this.

"You're right hyung, especially if Minho is going to try to steal our win again..." Taemin trailed off.

"Aniya! Not tonight! Let's go!" I growled, waving my finger in a circle, like I was telling them to get into formation.

We practiced dancing a few of our danced, and after we had finished 'Get the Treasure', Eunri came out from the hallway clapping.

"I'd had no idea you were all so talented!" she exclaimed, looking fairly impressed.

This intrigued me, "Pft." I scoffed, "I'd like to see you do better." I challenged.

"Not today, I'll be a little rusty. I'll get back to you on that." She laughed, playing along with my taunts."

"Arasso." I nodded, "But don't think I'll forget!"

"Oh of course not!" she nodded, then averted her eyes to Key. "Key oppa, will you help me with something really quick?"

He nodded, looking a tad confused, but followed without question.

 

When they emerged from her room, all jaws were on the floor. Eunri looked so different.

Instead of her usual appearence, she had on a button up blouse tucked into a high waisted black miniskirt. She stayed modest by pairing it with some black sheer tights, and work black high heels which definitely made her legs look miles long. This wasn't all, she had her hair and make up done as well. She looked like a girl out of a magazine.

"Oookay, does this mean I should change?" she stuttered awkwardly, looking at her feet.

"Aniyo!" we all disagreed.

"Eunri-ah, you look great!" Taemin said, trying to convince her.

"It's just a different look, we all had to take a second to get used to it." Onew assured her.

She looked at me for a bit, and when I didn't say anything, she looked down once more.

"Alright, now that we're on the same page, should we get going?" Key hurried.

Everyone agreed and headed out the door. The walk to the club was mainly quiet, Taemin and Key talking here and there, Onew was on his phone. and Eunri  and I were just really doing everything to avoid looking at each other.

I don't know what to say, I feel if I tell her she looks really pretty, she'll think I'm just a man of appearence. If I don't say anything, she'll think that I just don't care.. Aiiisshhhh.

 

We walked into the club, and I swear, all eyes were on Eunri. Suddenly, my stomach grew tight.

This jealousy thing is not good for me... It's going to give me pre mature aging!

Minho's eyes were one of the pair.

.

Oh fuuuuuuu- Jessica is the one face I don't want to be seeing.

"Jongie baby! Where were you guys last night? I missed my favorite oppas!" she squealed, running towards us.

"Oh, I was busy." I muttered, trying to follow where Eunri was going.

"Oh jinja? With what?" she asked, batting her fake eyelashes.

"I was making something, I can't talked right now okay Jessica? I have to go see something." I said half assed. I kept up with Eunri, weaving in and out of people.

Alas, Minho has her.

I'll give them space..

 

EunRi's POV

 

It was definitely awkward being where I was, wearing what I was wearing. I haven't seen this number of eyes since high school. Aishh, this was a mistake.

"Eunri-ah, what are you wearing?" Minho asked, "And I thought I told you not to hang out around here..." he trailed off, his eyes scanning the crowd.

"I just wanted to come and see you guys dance, and I didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb." Looks like I failed at that.

"Only come here when I'm here." he ordered, his face soft but stern.

"Arasso... But what about Taeminnie and his friends?" I asked.

"Them too I guess. This place can just get pretty rowdy some nights and I don't want you to get hurt or anything." he explained.

"Arasso oppa. Mian." I smiled.

"Ahh gwenchana." she laughed and shook his head slightly. "I'm sorry in advance, I'll probably get pulled away a lot tonight, I'm working."

"Something he's usually pretty great at, but not tonight." Siwon laughed , walking up to us.

"Mian Siwan-sshi! I'm distracting him aren't I?" I said nervously.

"Aniyo! You're fine, I'm only teasing!" Siwon said, as he put his arm on Minho's shoulder, "They do need you at the bar though, some fool doesn't have his wallet or something.."

"Aish. I'll be right back Eunri!" Minho growled and walked towards an older man that was obviousl angered.

"And Eunri, I've told you before, just call me oppa!" Siwon laughed. He seemed to be a pretty happy guy.

My thoughts were interrupted by a "LET'S INVITE OUR FAVORITE BOYS TO THE STAGE!"

Taemin ran by me, "Wish me luck noona!"

I made the fighting sign with my fist and tried to get as close as I cloud.

They can on and danced, hitting every beat in sync. It was absolutely amazing! I found myself unable to take my eyes off of Domo. He moved so ily, it was a completely different side of him that I've never seen. His dancing here was way different than how he danced back at the house.

Suddenly his eyes were locked with mine, and he smiled a bit. As I smiled back the song ended. Where was this Domo while we were walking home?

"Eunri! I'm up next, are you going to watch me?" Minho asked, suddenly behind me.

"Yah! Oppa! Don't scare me like that!" I gasped, clutching my chest.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'm up! You better watch!" Minho laughed heading towards the stage.

I did the fighting sign once more and just stayed where I was. Something wanted Domo to come and find me, and I didn't understand why.

"Noona, you're in for a treat! Minho-sshi is very good!" a man standing next to me assured.

I nodded and looked at his face. He looked oddly familiar, but I couldn't place it. Standing there a little confused I missed the beginning of Minho's dance, but once I realized what was going on, my eyes were only on him.

His dance had a lot more energy than othe others'. He was tutting and break dancing. It wasn't as y, but it was a bit more powerful. This is going to be tough on the audience to choose who will win.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen!" the annoucer exclaimed, hyping up the audience. One by one he asked the audience to cheer for their favorite. It had tied between Taemin and his friends, and Minho.'

"Usually I don't accept a tie," the annoucer began, "But these groups were each so great tonight, that they both deserve the win!"

Everyone was cheering and the man next to me yelled, "A round of drinks on me!"

While people headed towards the bar, I stayed in my place, waiting for the boys to come down from the stage.

"You too noona, can I buy you a drink?" He asked, holding out his hand.

"OH, uh, mian-" I started.

"It's okay man, I was just about to walk her home." a voice interruped.

 I turned around to see Domo, "Ah deh, I have classes tomorrow." I smiled to the familiar face.

"Understood." he nodded, in awe that I knew Jonghyun. "Get home safe." he added.

 

Minho's POV

 

I saw no sign of Eunri. . But there's Kibum.

"Have you seen Eunri?" I asked.

"Deh, she left alongside Jjong." he answered.

I nodded and walked into my office.

At least she's safe.

"Minho, we have another problem..." Siwon entered.

Aish.

 

EunRi's POV

 

We walked home and at first it was quiet, but he suddenly stoped and held me by my shoulders.

"Eunri, I'm sorry if I've seemed distant. I just didn't know the proper way to react to your... reveal?" he trailed.

"You mean the fact that I'm done up?" I laughed.

He nodded sheepishly. "I didn't want you to think that I'm a man of appearence."

"Oh silly Domo. I don't. I mean, with the face you live with, you can't be!" I laughed and started walking towards the house again.

He chucked and followed behind me.

As we got to the door I turned to him again, "Thank you Domo, I didn't realize you were trying to be considerate. Your explaination means a lot." I smiled.

He nodded as he opened the door. "Now seriously, you need to go to bed. No more skipping classes!"

"I know, I know. Where will you sleep?" I asked.

"The couch. Don't worry, I moved out of your Taemin's room." he assured.

"Will you ever tell me why you live with us anyway?" I yawned.

"Eh, maybe tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I nodded, and went off to sleep.

 

 


Hey hey hey

Back with another update!

Hope you all enjoy! xx

-SushiandJonghyun