Chapter 5

arrogant (taeny) || book 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We didn't exactly go home right after. We were both starving and we ended up eating at ramen restaurant near our school.

"You do know that we didn't have to run away from the guard, the guard would absolutely have had no clue if we finished cleaning or not, as long as he saw us leave then we're good, he could've said that we finished early." I explained.

"Wow, you really like to explain, don't you?" She smiled.
"Of course I do."

"Perhaps," she said, "we escaped the school in an adrenalized way for fun, and to make the guard's job more difficult, for fun."

She began slurping her jjangmyeon that she had ordered and ate like there's no tomorrow.

"You think everything is for fun, don't you Tae?" I asked her.

"Well... of course, we only live once. Think about it, we could die any second. Why would we pay such attention to annoying adults at school and spend hours or even days studying for an exam, it causes us to get mentally stressed or depressed. Eventually we get older and we die with no fun, so that's why I make everything in a fun way for memories."

I realised that, that's true. I never knew Taeyeon was somewhat smart.

"That explains why you never get your work done," I said. "But why do you still do graded tasks?"

"I'm a human being too, I have to survive in this ty world, don't I?" she responded, "there's really nothing for me in the future." She shrugged.

I bit my lip and ate my food.

She was done eating, she wiped and stood up.

"You pay, alright?" She smiled at me and walked away, and left.

"DON'T SMILE AT ME YOU BASTARD, COME BACK KIM TAEYEON!" I yelled.

All eyes were on me, everyone had stopped eating. I was filled with absolute embarrassment and quickly paid the waitress. 

I ran after her and smacked her shoulder. "You're really an , you made me pay! You owe me 20 dollars!"

"When scientists prove that mermaids are real, then I'll pay you." She said. I huffed and rolled my eyes and walked along with her.

"Why are you still following me, tiffany?" She suddenly asked.

I checked my watch, it was almost 10pm. The streets were dark and I was too scared to walk home alone.

"I sense a lie, your house is the opposite way. How do I know if you're wondering, I know because I followed you and remember that one time you left your shoes outside and there was a lizard inside," she said.

I glared at her, "SO IT WAS YOU!"

"Yes Tiffany it was, just shut your trap and leave." She said and began walking away.

Somehow, her words hurt me. I began walking the other, reluctantly. I usually take a shortcut to get home. Right now, I'm scared as hell, it's dark and quiet. It's different during the day than what it is right now.

I approached the alley that I fear terribly, I heard loud voices in the distance. It sounded like men.

" it up, Stephanie, it's just a dark alley way." I told myself and breathed heavily in. 

While walking, from the distance I saw three men that looked like they were smoking, the cold air hit my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter