Chapter 14

arrogant (taeny) || book 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was reading the fault in our stars when suddenly my phone started ringing. I answered it without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said.

"Stephanie..." The voice on the phone call said. I stopped reading my book and closed it. This voice sounds so familiar.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"Stephanie, don't you remember me?" She continued talking, I realized her accent. I know who this is now.

"Auntie!" I exclaimed. I almost cried due to hearing her voice again. She was laughing over the line.

"How have you been? I've missed you tremendously! Why haven't you called me? How's uncle as well?" I bombarded her with questions in a cute voice and she continued laughed.

"I see that you still do that cutesy voice of yours, when are you and your parents coming down?" She asked.

I sighed, "I honestly don't even know anymore, they've been bickering nonstop. I really want to go visit you...I miss you," I said. She chuckled, she kept coughing continuously over the line it sounded serious.

"Are you okay, auntie?" I worriedly asked.
"I currently have the flu, darling, but don't worry I'm fine. I have to go feed muffins now, alright? I love you steph...see you soon," she said.

Somehow I didn't believe her that she only had the flu, auntie always had troubles with her health condition.

I sighed and bit my lip. Tears started forming in my eyes. "I love you too auntie," I said.

"Take care, stephanie! Work hard and be a good girl, call me if you need anything! Annyeong!" She said and we both hung up.

Tears escaped my eyes freely. Happiness had filled my body, again. I wonder when I'll be able to see her. I hope I can convince my parents soon so I can go visit her. It's been a awhile since we've gone to visit her as a family. I'd travel on my own but I'm still young and my parents would never let me go by myself. I awfully miss her.

                                        ♡♡♡

About 2 hours later, my parents arrived home looking exhausted and we had dinner in silence. It was unbearable how silent it was, only the TV can be heard in the living room.

"M-mom....Dad....." I called and they both turned to look at me.

"Auntie called me today...she was wondering when we're dropping by to visit her," I said.

My mom looked annoyed, "I don't know you love visiting her so much, she's not your mother."

I flinched, my mom and her sister never had a good relationship to ever begin with. So I can see why she doesn't like visiting.

"But, can we go vi-" I was immediately cut off.
"Stephanie, your father and I are busy." She sighed and continued eating.

"What about the weekend? You guys don't work the weekend, oh please mom, don't you care about her? She sounds sick, please?" I pleaded to the both of them.

"Baby, I'm sorry. Maybe next time," My mom said, instantly destroying my hopes.

"Don't be so rough on her, just let her go see auntie. It's really not that hard, I mean she's your sister anyway." My dad spoke up.

My mom stopped eating and glared at him. "First of all, shut your mouth you have absolutely no right to get in this conversation. And second of all, I've never gotten along with that piece of !"

Oh lord, here we go again.

"Even though she's not related to me, I'm willing to take Stephanie to visit your sister! It's really no big of a deal!" My dad argued back.

I'm sick and tired of their arguments.

Anger had rilled up in my veins and blood, I banged loudly on the table as I stood up. "WOULD THE BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE UP FOR ONCE?!"

They instantly shut their mouths and stared at me.

"STEPHANIE HWANG NO SWEARING IN THIS HOUSE!" My mom scolded me.

"YOU SHOULD TELL THAT TO YOURSELF! SAME GOES FOR YOU TOO, DAD!" I shouted and stomped away.

"Come back here missy!" My dad had gotten up from his seat and followed me.

I bolted out of the house, in the end, he never managed to catch up to me. I ran far far away from my home, passing by empty alleys and busy streets.

I slowed down and walked the streets, barely noticing that tears were escaping my eyes. It was about 40 degrees outside, and I was barefoot. I felt lost and I most definitely didn't want to go back to that hellhole which is called home. Being alone right now is all I needed.

The sound of hearing people with their friends and family and the sound of people laughing and having the time of their lives somehow made me utterly jealous. Witnessing seeing people be that close with one another awfully upset me.

Thoughts lingered in my head...why can't my parents act like this? At this point, I'm highly convinced that they don't even love each other anymore. I sighed, and even more tears escaped my eyes. I continued on walking, reaching towards a park when suddenly I felt someone tap my shoulder.

I turned around and it was Taeyeon, I gulped hard not able to find the right words.

"What are you doing here alone? It's dangerous for a pretty girl like you to be out," She said.

Taeyeon always had a way with her words, I highly appreciated her presence despite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter