Chapter 17

arrogant (taeny) || book 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stephanie?? Sweetie, are you home?" I heard my mom's voice coming from downstairs as she locked the door.

"YES EOMMA!" I shouted, I was panicking.
I don't know what I'm more worried about, about Taeyeon and I almost kissing or my mom suddenly showing up! I'm seriously losing my mind!

"You never told me that your parents were coming over so soon....looks like they ruined our fun," Taeyeon smirked at me as she was still hovered over me. I quickly pushed her off of me as I heard footsteps coming from downstairs.

"HIDE!!!" I whispered and signaled over towards my closet as she rapidly hid herself inside there while I was pretending to fix up my room.

Footsteps were getting closer until she was I front of my bedroom door frame. "Ah, you're finally cleaning your room! What's the special occasion?" She said.

I gulped trying to hide away my nervousness, "nothing, my room looked like a garbage can."

She stared at me for a while and started smiling, "what's wrong with you steph? You know you could always tell omma," Crap. She knows something's up.

I nervously chuckled and furrowed my brows, "What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean," she lightly laughed.

Was my nervousness really showing that much? Ugh, today might be the worst day ever!

"Come here, sit next to me...I want to tell you something." She said while I was deeply panicking, does she know that someone's in here?

I breathed in and out due to stress, I was going to speak but got interrupt by her.

"Stephanie, you're in love with someone aren't you?" She said. My eyes instantly widened and choked on my saliva.

"WHAT?!" I yelled, gosh Taeyeon is really going to tease me for this whole situation. I wonder what she's thinking about.

"I'M NOT IN LOVE WITH ANYONE! I SWEAR EOMMA!" I loudly confessed while she was chuckling at me.

"Stephanie, darling, I can see it in your eyes...whoever this person is don't let go of them no matter what." She said and she held my hands. I was completely baffled beyond this point.

"Ugh, eomma...I'm not in love with anyone." I said while laughing. I really am losing my mind, aren't I?

"Sure Stephanie, whatever you say...but I just didn't come for that. I have a surprise for you!" She changed the topic. Thank god.

"What is it?"

"We're heading out to visit your aunt this weekend!" She said and my eyes almost bulged out. I screamed out of excitement.

"WAIT JINJA?!!!!" THIS WEEKEND???? YOU'RE NOT WORKING THIS WEEKEND???" I was jumping up and down because I was happy.

"Yes," my mom replied and hugged me, "now you don't have to call aunt anymore because she's aware that we're coming over, she's excited to see you."

I pulled away and started crying from tears of joy. My mom patted my back so I could calm down.

"Why'd you come home so early?" I curiously asked.

"Ah! There wasn't that much work going on today, my boss let all of us out early today and plus I asked for the weekend off so we can visit auntie! But I'll be heading out again for grocery shopping." My mom said.

I nodded and she headed out.

Once I heard her shut the door, I threw myself into my bed and started screaming into my pillow.

I jumped once I heard noise coming from the closet and saw Taeyeon getting out. My eyes flung open. "OMO! TAEYEON-AH!"

I totally forgot that she was in the closet.

"Yes?" She raised a brow at me.
"Um....my mom left already, uh anyways, you didn't hear none of that right?" I nervously asked.

She stayed silent for a moment while still staring at me. "I don't know," she teased.

"UGH, I HATE YOU KIM TAEYEON!" I shouted while covering my face with my hands.

"NO, EVEN YOUR MOM SAID THAT YOU'RE IN LOVE! DON'T DENY IT FANY-AH!" She arrogantly smirked.

"UGH WHATEVER YOU SAY! YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH ME TOO," I replied back while having my arms crossed.

"SO YOU'RE ADMITTING THAT YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH ME? IS THAT WHAT YOURE TRYING TO SAY?" She kept raising her brow at me, trying to get me flustered against my words.

"SHUT UP, I CANNOT STAND YOUR LITTLE GAMES!" I groaned.

She groaned back and decided to lay on my bed and I did the same. I don't know why, but it just felt right.

"Ugh, no more yelling....your voice is so loud!" She said making fun of me. I playfully slapped her shoulder. "YAHH! YOU ANNOY ME THAT'S WHY!"

She rolled her eyes. "You should go home, my mom went grocery shopping and she doesn't take that long. So you should leave before she gets here." I said.

She complained like a three year old, and had her fingertips on the temples of her head.

"Ugh! Your voice is SO loud!!!! My brain hurts because of YOU! You jerk," she sarcastically said while smiling at me, obviously teasing me.

I scooted closer towards her, and slowly massaged the side of her temples.

"Is that better?" I grinned.

She nodded and then slowly her eyes were starting to shut close.

"Yah pabo, you can't fall asleep here!" I whined.

She sighed and faced the other way, "it'll only be a few minutes, if your mom gets here I'll just hide under your bed or climb out the window." She murmured.

"Ugh arraso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter