Chapter 12

arrogant (taeny) || book 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I arrived home and it's the same old scenario. My parents were arguing.

"...I ALWAYS COME HOME ON TIME! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S ALWAYS OVER WORKING LATE AT NIGHT NOW! AND GOD KNOWS WHAT THE YOU'RE DOING, MAYBE YOU'RE HAVING AN AFFAIR!" My mom shouted at my dad.

"HOW MANY ING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I'M NOT HAVING A DAMN AFFAIR!! WHY DON'T YOU ING BELIEVE ME?! YOU'RE ALWAYS BICKERING WITH ME, STOP BEING A BEFORE I FIND A REAL WOMAN!!!" He screamed back at her.

"THEN WHO THE IS WOMAN THAT YOU'RE ALWAYS WITH?"
"SHE'S MY DAMN ASSISTANT!! HOW MANY ING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?!" My dad bellowed back until his face turned bright red and his forehead veins were visible.

They didn't even espy me entering the house. I rushed to my room and slammed the door shut. Everyday gets worse and worse, I just wish for them to stop bickering with each other. I miss the old times when I was younger, when we were an actual family. I still ponder about what exactly happened, I guess their working schedules made their love deluded. Their shifts got to the point to where they barely saw each other anymore, but everytime they did they would argue about useless things. Sometimes even argue during dinner. 

There were times that I felt lonely, maybe too alone. I felt hopeless, life didn't seem that special to me anymore. What's the point of living?

"LET'S GET DIVORCED THEN!" I heard my mom scream from the living room.

An ocean of tears formed in my eyes and started rolling down my cheeks. Nothing ever changes, how many more nights do I have to spend crying?

I covered my head with my pillow, trying to disregard the devilish universe. Their yells seemed to echo in my head. The tears wouldn't stop. Gosh I wish my aunt was still here with us, sadly, she recently moved away. I miss her so much.

I wiped away my tears and got up from my bed. I went over to my drawer and grabbed the blade.

Maybe this bad habit may start coming back.

I pulled up my sleeve and brought the blade to my wrist, pressing it against my skin. There, witnessing with my own two eyes blood oozing out of the cuts.

One cut....two....three....four.....five cuts.

I bawled and bawled, my pain seemed to have gotten numb with every deep and penetrated cut. This habit got addictive.

                                             ♡♡♡

Another school day, and I'm lonely, again, during lunch break because Jessica is off with her new apparent friends, Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Sunny. I sighed. Does she really not care about me anymore?

I didn't finish eating my food and ending up throwing it away. I left the cafeteria and decided to walk around the campus, alone.

As I walked, I seemed to have made my way towards the more solitary area of the campus. I suddenly remember that I've been here with Taeyeon before, that time where I played the piano. I entered the empty classroom and went towards the piano. 

(*Flashback*)

"Tiffany, come here! Let me teach you how to play my favorite song on the piano. When I was your age, your grandmother always played it for me." My mom explained the story to me when I was still a little kid, maybe around five years old. I chuckled when she told me the story.

She played the song very elegantly and beautifully, the first time I listened to the song it brought tears of joy despite my young age. The song hit the inner core of my emotions. My mother composed it for my father. Raw emotions and love was displayed through the piano notes. I considered it perfection.

(*End of Flashback*)

Unfortunately, my m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter