Wrong number

For the sake of love

"Jiyeon ah~ My bestfriend will be living here starting next week. She's been suffering due to poverty, plus, his husband left her. Call this number, okay? 01*********" Mom left a sticky note at the table. Yeah, that's right. Mom is a helpful person. I guess I have to live with someone I don't know again. I quickly ate my breakfast and rode my limousine. In just 5 minutes, I finally arrived at my new school. Woollim high, it is. 

"Ahjussi, pick me up at 2:00pm, nae?" I told my driver and walked towards the gate.

While walking, I can feel heavy stares, whispers from my back, whistles and winks by the guys that I pass by with. I guess I'll be the campus crush again. Nooo! Aish! My life! I went to the classroom I was assigned to.

"Jiyeon ssi, stay outside for a moment. When you hear your name, go inside, okay?" Mrs. Cha said.

I nodded.

*Aish! What is taking her so long?!*

I heard my name being called, so I walked inside the noisy classroom.

Again, as what I have expected, guys were amused after I walked in. Probably because of my gorgeous looks. They started asking for my number but I ignored them. I don't need a boyfriend, hello?! But to all the guys in the room, only this guy isn't looking at me. He's staring at a window, looking lonely with a confused look. I can see he's in a deep thought.

"Everyone! This is your new classmate. Jiyeon, intoduce yourself." Mrs. Cha looked at me and led me infront of my new classmates.

"Annyeong haseyo. Park Jiyeon imnida. Please take care of me."

"Where do you want to sit, Ms. Park?" 

"Anywhere." I said coldly.

"Sit beside me!"

"Here!"

"I'll kick my seatmate's , so just sit here beside me!"

"Beautiful girl! Look at me!"

"Hey, baby! There's an empty chair here!"

Guys started to shout and I can feel the girls' glare with a jealous look at me. I looked at the lonely guy who looks like a gangster and sat beside him. He looked at me but looked back at the window again.

"A...annyeong?" I greeted him but he ignored me. Gosh. This guy! He's the only one who ignored me like this.

"Oh, I guess you're not in a right mood to talk with someone...so I'm sorry for bothering you... Well...you know... I just thought maybe, we can be friends and..." I was about to finish what I'm gonna say when he looked at me with a scary look.

"WHO. TOLD. YOU. WE. CAN. BE. FRIENDS? DO. YOU. KNOW. WHO I AM? SHUT UP AND DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN!" He shouted. Now, everyone's attention is with him.

I was shocked by his sudden actions. I didn't expect he's like that.

Guys started to look at him with anger.

"How dare you to talk to our new classmate like that?!

"Yah! Don't shout to my baby!"

"Don't talk to him, Jiyeon! He's a badass rebel."

He looked at the one who said the last sentence and went over her.

"WHAT?! YOU CALL ME A BADASS?!"

"Shut up, L.Joe, or you'll meet the principal again!" Mrs. Choi shouted at him.

Oh... so his name is L.Joe.

*class ended*

I pulled out my phone from my bag and called my driver. 

"Ahjussi, just wait for me at the back of the school. I'll go there immediately."

"No. What if you were snatched by someone and kidnapped you?"

"HAHAHA. You're funny ahjussi. That won't happen."

"Arasso. I'll wait there. Be careful!"

Aish! My mom is being too protective for me. I don't wanna gain attention by my schoolmates if they saw me walking out by a limousine, you know. I want them to see that I live in a middle class. I tried asking mom not to pick me up with a limo and I'll just rather ride a public transportation, but she always refuse. 

While riding, I asked my driver to stop at 7 Eleven. I bought an ice cream for myself and a coffee for my driver. 

"Here's your coffee, ahjussi."

"Omo! You don't have to do that!"

"Accept it, or else..."

"Arasso arasso. Gomawo!"

Then I remembered, mom asked me to call her bestfriend.

I dialed the number that my mom left on the sticky note.

"Hi..." I was about to continue what I'm going to say...

"WRONG. NUMBER."

"Wait! WHAT? You didn't even ask who I am, so how can you say that I'm calling a wrong number?"

"I SAID. WRONG. NUMBER. GOT IT?"

*call ended*

"AISH! WHO IS THIS FREAKING GUY. HE HAS NO MANNERS AT ALL."