Chapter 30

The Bodyguard's Krystal

 

CHAPTER 30

 

“So nothing happened?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“That’s weird…”

 

“You know what D, maybe you’re just exaggerating things.”

 

“Yunho oppa, you know me. It’s better to keep our guards up. I always expect for the worst to happen.”

 

“I don’t know if you always expecting for the worst is good or bad sometimes.”

 

“You’re a secret agent oppa, you know how important it is to predict your enemy’s next move.”

 

“Yeah I know.”

 

It’s Yunho and D in Yoona’s coffee shop discussing about the company’s anniversary celebration. It turned out that D, knowing that Yunho will be coming back to Korea, asked him to watch out for Amber in her stead because she’s worried of Wu’s next steps, especially now that she knows that he’s a stockholder of Jung Enterprises.

 

“Do you already have any ideas why did he invest in the company?”

 

“To keep an eye…”

 

“On who? For what?”

 

“It’s either Dad or Amber.”

 

“Uncle Joseph and Amber? B-but… w-why?”

 

The girl took a sip on her coffee first before she answered Yunho’s question.

 

“Remember that failed deal in China around 12 years ago?”

 

“Ahuh.”

 

“Wu Taizu, is actually Liu Mengde or Cao Menge as he was called.”

 

“Liu Mengde?”

 

“He is Liu Tian Lang’s half brother, CEO of Liu Diamonds and Mining Corp. and Amber’s father. Mengde is the one we’re supposed to talk to that day my Appa died.”

 

“What happened then?”

 

“I don’t know what exactly happened because I was with Sooyeon and Soojung that time. We’re waiting for our fathers to come back so we could celebrate Soojung’s birthday. But instead, I received the news later that day that my father was already dead.

 

“According to my investigations, Liu Tian Lang’s family was murdered on the afternoon of that same day. Somehow, I think there’s a connection with my father’s death and the Lius’ death.

 

“After two days, according to records Victoria gathered, Cao Mengde fled to UAE. He then went to Thailand and changed his face, his name, and bought Liu Diamonds and Mining Corp.”

 

“There really is something in that story.”

 

“After bugging Dad (Mr. Jung), he finally told me how my father died.”

 

--------------------------

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Time sure flies so fast and it’s already winter. I can still remember same time last year; it was when I started appreciating Amber. After saving me that day, I became more comfortable around her. I don’t know why but there’s something in her that made me curious about her. The more I spend time with her, though professionally, the more I look up to her and admire her.

 

She’s smart and all, and she really is good at teaching. She’s very patient, thoughtful and caring, that sometimes I forget that it’s her job to take care of me. That fact hurt me. Yes, I was hurting… and then it finally hit me. I found myself giving my best in studies because everytime I get high grades or just able to finish answering our assignment, she’ll have this amazing smile. That smile that I learned to love. And then I realized that I’m starting to have a crush on her.

 

Who would’ve ever imagined that some time after that, she’d accidentally confess to me? I was happy though. It’s just a simple but honest confession, not too cheesy, not too romantic. She just got cheesier after that.

 

I’m so in love with Amber Liu’s sassy smile and cheesy lines. Wait… erase that. I’m just so madly in love with Amber Liu, period.

 

Now where’s that Amber of mine? She’s been in the restroom for fifteen minutes now. It’s not her period, I’m certain of that. I’m sure she doesn’t have any tummy problems either?

 

Why am I feeling so uneasy?

 

I stood up from the bench in front of a boutique and went to restroom where I saw her went in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What’s this? The women’s room is… empty.

 

No… Amber won’t use the male’s room without a reason. But I still went to the men’s room ignoring the guys’ stares, but still no trace of Amber. I got out of the restroom and quickly called Amber’s phone.

 

It’s turned off.

 

Empty bat? No… She never went out with a low bat phone.

 

I’m starting to panic until an unknown guy approached me. He’s panting heavily before he started speaking.

 

“Ms. Krystal, I’m one of the bodyguards so you don’t have to worry.”

 

“Bodyguard?”

 

“Yes Young Miss. I’m sorry but… we have to get out of here as soon as possible. I already called Lui and he’ll be here in no time. You have to be in your house as quick as possible. You don’t have to worry because we already surrounded the place.”

 

I looked around and saw that men in casual clothes flocked the area, blending in with the crowd. They weren’t here before. But… wait…

 

“Where’s Amber?”

 

“Young Miss… I… I’m not in the right position to answer you, I’m sorry.”

 

“Tell me where she is!”

 

“Young Miss, please calm down.”

 

“How do you expect me to be calm if you won’t answer my simple question? Where… is… Amber?”

 

“She’s… She’s been kidnapped.”

 

“W-What?!” Amber? Why? Why Amber? Who took her away? And… why are these people here? Have they always been around? Since when? Amber… Where are you?

 

My knees felt so weak. Good thing I was standing right next to a bench. I sat down the bench feeling weak and confused.

 

Amber… where are you?

 

When I got home I saw everybody there, and the house is full of bodyguards too. Even Yunho oppa and his partner are here.

 

I saw D unnie and Yuri talking with Yunho oppa and his partner with the rest of the bodyguards. I saw Sica unnie and approached her.

 

“Unnie, what’s happening?”

 

“Soojung-ah…” It was all she said as she hugged me tightly.

 

“Unnie…” My sister’s warmth… I missed this. I don’t know why but I felt my tears flow on my cheeks. “Unnie… Amber’s…”

 

“I know…”

 

“You knew?!” I asked her as I broke from the hug.

 

“Yes… right after D unnie informed Yuri, she excused ourselves in our class and we left immediately. While on our way, she told me that Amber was kidnapped.”

 

After what seemed like years, D and Yuri unnie walked towards us.

 

“Soojung-ah…” D unnie started. She then kneeled in front of me, trying to contain her frustration from by curling her hand into a ball of fist. “Please forgive me… forgive me for I wasn’t able to protect Amber.” That’s when she started to cry.

 

“U-unnie… Why are you apologizing to me?”

 

“Because… I wasn’t able to protect Amber… It’s… It’s my fault.”

 

“Why are you blaming yourself unnie?”

 

“Krystal, listen to me carefully.” Yuri sensed that D unnie will not be able to explain herself right now so she stepped in the conversation.

 

“You do know that Amber is Mr. Song’s adopted child right?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Well… Amber… How should I start it? Amber’s real name is Liu Yiyun.”

 

“I know.”

 

“What?! You knew?!”

 

I simply nodded. Where is this conversation going? What’s with Amber’s real name?

 

“How much do you know about Amber, Krys?”

 

“She told me about her past… from her childhood, her parents’ death, everything.”

 

“Oh my God…”

 

“Why Yuri unnie? What’s wrong?”

 

“She didn’t tell you about her family?”

 

“All I know is that, according to her, they own a company dealing with diamonds and other precious stones.”

 

Yuri unnie took a deep sigh before she started explaining everything to me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can’t believe what I’m hearing.

 

“So all this time… everything’s just a lie?”

 

“I-it’s not a lie Krys… We’re just trying to protect…”

 

“Trying to protect her?! Look at what happened with that protection you’re telling me!” I’m mad. I’m mad with what they did to Amber. How can they keep everything a secret?

 

“We just thought that it’ll be easier to watch both of you but...”

 

“But what?! Did you know what kind of hell Amber had to go through? After all of those hardships, doesn’t she deserve the truth?!”

 

“Krystal Jung Soojung! Calm yourself down!” Sica unnie told me.

 

“How can I calm down unnie?! Amber is missing, and now, I just discovered that she’s been living a lie!” I exclaimed before I walked away and locked myself in my room.

 

I hate them.

 

Just where in the hell are you Amber?

 

-----------------------

 

D’s POV

 

“D relax, our men are already tracking the van that took Amber. We’ll soon find her.” Yunho oppa said trying to ease my feelings, reassuring me that everything would be alright.

 

This can’t be happening. Why? Why wasn’t I able to predict his next movement? I expected him to make his move during the company’s anniversary but why now?

 

“D! We found them!”

 

-----------------------

 

Amber’s POV

 

My head feels like hell. I just realized that I fell asleep so I slowly opened my eyes. I’m still a bit dizzy and I feel like sh*t.

 

As I opened my eyes, I realized that I’m sitting on a chair, all tied up.

 

“Where am I?” I weakly asked the men who are guarding me.

 

One of them approached me and observed me.

 

“Is she okay now?”

 

“Yes, I think so.”

 

“That’s good. If she’s hurt, we’ll be dead.”

 

Aish… None of them answered my question. I still feel weak to shout for help.

 

The door suddenly opened, revealing an old man… Wait… I know him.

 

“S-Secretary Wang?!” He talked to the two guards while another man walked into the room.

 

I’ve seen his face somewhere.

 

“Young Master Liu, we’re very sorry if we tied you up like this, we just want to make sure that you won’t runaway.” Secretary Wang told me.

 

Wait… Young Master Liu? How did he…

 

Two guards stood by the door, and the other two men who were with me earlier removed the ropes tied around me. I remained seated though. I still haven’t recovered from the sedative they used.

 

“Secretary Wang… Why? Who are you really? Why did you do this to me?” I asked him desperately waiting for answers.

 

Secretary Wang was about to open his mouth to answer me but the middle-aged man stopped him.

 

“Let me handle this.” He said as he lightly tapped the old man’s shoulder.

 

“I know you know me Amber… or should I say Yiyun?”

 

He knows my name? I observed his face carefully once again. Don’t tell me…

 

“Wu… Taizu?” I uttered, followed by a smirk. “Or should I say… Uncle Cao?”

 

“Ahhh… really clever.”

 

“What do you want from me?”

 

“Should I be the one asking that? Have you forgotten that you sent me a letter before?”

 

“A letter? What are you talking about?”

 

Just then, we heard gunshots from the outside. A few moments later, the door blew up, instantly killing the two men guarding it from the inside. Around ten men entered the room all at once, outnumbering my uncle’s men.

 

Yunho-ssi, Changmin-ssi, Jaejoong hyung, Yuri unnie and D unnie then entered the room. All holding guns, ready to fire at any time.

 

“Oh, the doctor is here… but aren’t you holding the wrong instrument?” My uncle asked D unnie.

 

“Nah, let’s just say, this one’s my part time job.”

 

“And you also brought your whole team. What a sight!”

 

“Can we just get straight to the point? Give us Amber back.”

 

“Amber? Hahaha… I’m just taking what is supposed to be mine.”

 

Taking what’s his? Does he mean me? What?

 

Amber! Are you hurt?

 

Jaejoong hyung? No, I’m fine. It’s just that I still feel so weak because of the sedative they used on me.

 

“Yours? What do you mean Wu?”

 

That’s good. Krystal is so worried because of you.

 

Yuri unnie? Where is she?

 

Don’t worry. Jessica’s with her. They’re safe at home. We’re still not sure why Wu kidnapped you but we’ll get you out of here, okay?

 

I got it.

 

“Of course… Amber’s mine because…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s my daughter.”