Chapter 25

The Bodyguard's Krystal

 

Chapter 25

 

Krystal’s POV

 

We’ve been studying for 8 hours straight now, well except for the dinner time an two hours ago, and my brain’s already stopped working. I released a deep sigh while reading one of our textbooks.

 

“That’s a deep one.” Amber, who is seating in front of me, noticed. I’m glad you noticed.

 

“Well, we’ve been studying straight for the past 8 hours… and my mind’s saturated now. I can’t do this anymore!”  I whined while she just smirked… yes, she just smirked at me and continued reading. I can’t take this anymore! I just put my head on the table and sighed again. I heard her stand up from her seat and walked towards me. I looked up to her, standing beside me. She smiled before grabbing one of my hands. She kneeled on one of her knees.

 

It’s all my heart, Baby.

My hearts filled with you

Give me your hand on my chest

It’s beating

 

She sang as she put my hands on her chest.

 

You’re everything in my head

Within the difficult day in the world

You make me alive in the tiring day

 

She then stood up and pulled me up. She grabbed my other hand and put held both of our hands in front of us.

 

After wandering for a long time

I’ve been withstanded without you

Now I gradually feel peaceful and suddenly smile

Bind up the dark curtain

Hold up the feeling

Facing me, you shade away my sadness

 

She continued singing while staring in my eyes.

 

I still can’t say that

I’m falling head over, tingling to say that word

Love you more than anyone else

Only you and me and me, and me, and me

 

I’m really happy in this moment

Really thank you for coming to me

Thanks for the one who loves me

Only you and me and me, and me, exactly you,

 

She let go of my hands and started rapping the next lyrics.

 

Baby Boo, My hot little figure

Whom I was searching anywhere on earth

When I almost collapse with exhaust

I just eye on you, my beloved Venus

It feels like a dream so don’t wake me up.

We so fine Do you want to fly to the sky

I mean no one can interfere us

Both holding hands will never let you go, I admit

I promise that everybody will envy us.

 

She smiled as she finished singing.

 

“Crazy…”

 

“What? How did I become crazy here?”

 

You’re an idiot Amber… because you’re making me crazy. I hate you… for making my heart beating this fast, for making me blush with every simple things that you do.

 

“Nothing. Anyway, I’m done, I can’t do this anymore… I’m tired.” I stated as I slumped onto my bed.

 

“Princess, you should at least brush your teeth before going to sleep.”

 

“Mmmmm…” I was so lazy to get up, but to my surprise, I felt my body flipped around so my back’s against the mattress. I then felt my body being lifted up from the bed. Amber… she’s carrying me in her arms again… to the bathroom? -_-

 

I was now standing in front of the sink brushing my teeth while my girlfriend’s standing beside watching me.

 

“Could you at least get out and stop staring at me like that? It’s embarrassing.”

 

“But you look so cute while brushing your teeth.”

 

“I know… I’m cute in general so whatever I do, expect that I’ll look cute.”

 

“Hahaha! So conceited. Alright, I’ll wait outside Princess.” She said as she walked towards me and messed my hair.

 

“Yah!”

 

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I changed to my sleeping clothes in my walk in closet. As I walked out of the walk in closet, I saw my girlfriend already sleeping on the couch near my bed. I approached her and stopped right in front of her. I could hear her steady breathing, which sounded like music in my ears. I observed her face… tired, but still smiling.

 

“You just don’t how happy I am right now… Thank you for patiently taking care of me.” I mumbled. Unconsciously, I moved my face towards her and planted a soft peck on her lips.

 

I watched her as she slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the light that passes through her beautiful eyes. She smiled the moment she recognized my face, which is still a foot away from her face.

 

“Best wake up call I’ve ever had… better than the annoying sound of my alarm clock.”

 

“Dork.”

 

She smiled and suddenly pulled me in for a hug.

 

“Yah!” I lightly punched her.

 

---------------------------

 

Author’s POV

 

It’s still 1 hour before the classes start. Krystal arrived first in the school and waited not too long for her bodyguard to arrive. The young lovers went to their lockers together first before walking hand in hand to their classroom. A few minutes later, Nicole went in the classroom. It was Amber who noticed her first and greeted her a good morning. Krystal, who was reading a book, looked up to her and greeted her too. She then looked at Amber, hoping she gets the message she wanted to tell her.

 

Last night, the younger Jung confessed to Amber that she’s actually jealous of Nicole and their closeness as friends. Amber assured her love for the princess and told her not to worry too much. The older decided to tell her best friend about her and Krystal’s relationship; they are best of friends anyway.

 

Amber slowly walked towards Nicole and asked her to talk to her to the rooftop. The latter agreed and they walked towards their destination.

 

“Nic, you know you’re the best of all the friends I have… or the only person I ever consider as my friend before.” Amber started. “Uhm… So I want you to be the first to know, among my friends and family members, that… Krystal and I are officially together now, just this weekend.”

 

Nicole felt a pang in her heart after hearing Amber’s words. She knew that her friend has feelings for her boss. It hurts her that no matter how close they are as friends, she will be JUST a friend. What hurts even more is that, she wasn’t even able to confess her feelings, and she regretted it the most. She thought to herself that maybe if she confessed to Amber, at least… just at the least… maybe… she will open her heart for the possibility for her to love her back. But the Amber she knew before was a cold, introvert and shy person. After meeting her boss, she changed… a LOT. Why can’t she have that effect on Amber?

 

“Uhm? Nic? Are you okay?” Amber asked her since she’s been silent for a few minutes now.

 

“H-Huh? Yeah…” She started walking towards Amber and said, “Congrats Amber… I’m… happy for you.” She stuttered as she hugged Amber.

 

For Amber, that hug means a congratulatory hug that a friend gives to her friend. For Nicole, it was different. It’s a congratulatory hug with “How I wish I was that girl. You have no idea how much I was hurting inside. I love you but now, I can’t have you. Goodbye to my hopeless love,” along with it.

 

Nicole tried her best not to cry in front of Amber so she thought of something to be able to get out of the school as fast as possible. She wants to run away right now… far away from the person she loves the most. But whom is she fooling? She knows very well that even though she run far away from Amber, her heart will still have the tomboy in there. She’s her best friend, at least she’s the next closest to her, she should be happy right? She has to be happy at least.

 

“Yah, being your best friend doesn’t mean I will always take your side when you have a fight, understand?” She managed to say as she broke from the hug.

 

“Hahaha! I know you don’t take sides unless you know and try to deduce who really is at fault.” Amber answered her.

 

After their short conversation, Amber decided to return to the classroom while Nicole stayed in the rooftop.

 

After making sure that she’s the only one in the rooftop, she lied down the floor and looked up at the sky.

 

“I love you Amber.” She muttered. She then smiled weakly before letting go of a teardrop from her eyes.

 

“I hate you gravity. Why didn’t you let Amber fall… for me instead?”

 

-------------------------

 

Weeks have passed and all of the students of Seoul IS for Girls have been busy preparing for the upcoming foundation day/festival of their school. It’s more special this year because it’s their centennial anniversary. The whole festival week will be full of activities and the girls are also excited because their school will be open to visitors so guys will be allowed to go in.

 

2B, which is the section of our two young lovers, have been busy for the past few weeks for preparing their mini-café booth. Amber, Krystal, Luna and Sulli have been busy preparing for the Cinderella musical on the 13th of February, and also for the concert for a cause on the 14th.

 

 

 

 

One week before the festival…

 

“Hey, have you prepared anything for Valentine’s Soojung?” Luna asked. The two of them have just finished rehearsing their special number for the concert and was joined by Sulli.

 

Krystal took a sip from her water bottle before answering, “Hmm… yeah. But I don’t know if it’ll be that great. I want it to be special though, and I hope she’ll like it.”

 

“Don’t worry Soojung. As long as it’s you, I’m sure that hyung will love it. But hey, will it be okay if I give hyung a chocolate on the 14th?” Sulli asked.

 

“Yeah, of course Sulli. I mean, anyone can give her chocolates. I won’t mind that much. I trust her. And besides, it’s Valentine’s Day. We’re supposed to give chocolates to the guys that we love as family, as friends, and as lovers. I will even give chocolates to the people in the mansion and of course my unnies and I have thought of making something special for our Dad.” Soojung explained.

 

“Woah! Our Soojung thinks maturely now! Is this really the effect of falling in love? Hahaha!” Luna complemented.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Hey Krys, you’re Prince is there?” Sulli whispered as she noticed the handsome girl approaching them.

 

Krys turned around and saw her loyal, handsome servant.

 

“Hi Princess.” Amber greeted her as she gave her a hug.

 

“Hey baby.” She greeted as she broke the hug. She then looked at the face of her lover and noticed her haggard face. She pinched her cheeks and uttered, “You look so tired Amber.”

 

“Aww… Yeah… Just a bit tired from practice, but now that I finally saw you, I’m fine.”

 

“Eherm… We’re also here guys.”

 

“Oh, hi Luna, Ssul.” Amber greeted the two girls.

 

“Hello Amber.” They both greeted back.

 

“I think we shall go first.” Luna said.

 

“Yeah, we’ll go ahead. Bye hyung, bye Soojung.”

 

As Luna and Ssul left, Krystal started packing her stuffs. They then both walked out of the school and went home… separately of course.

 

---------------------

 

“Have you thought of something this coming Valentine’s dongsaeng?”

 

“Jaejoong hyung…”

 

Amber was in the employees’ kitchen drinking her milk before going to bed when Jaejoong approached her.

 

She took a sip before continuing, “Actually I planned to confess to her on the 14th but uhh… it kinda got earlier… but I’m still going to do what is planned.”

 

“Oh, is that what the song’s for?”

 

“Yeah. Thanks for composing the music and for the arrangements hyung. I didn’t expect that you’re friends with Mr. Park.”

 

“Hahaha. We’re neighbors back in my hometown. The lyrics are in English and I just thought that it’ll be better if I know what the lyrics conveys so that the melody will jive with the lyrics. It’s a really good song by the way.”

 

“Thanks.”

---------------

*Song's from Super Junior's 진심 (All My Heart) from their album Bonamana :)