EPILOGUE

The Bodyguard's Krystal

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!” Krystal screamed. The girl’s face is now covered with beads of sweat even though the room is fully airconditioned.

 

“Push mommy, push!” The doctor said.

 

“It’s okay Soojung-ah… I’m here… Hold on to my hand tightly.” Her ‘husband’ told her, giving the girl enough courage, support and strength in this kind of situation.

 

“I can now finally see the head. Push some more.”

 

“*huff* Mmmmppppp… ugh!!! AAAAAAHHH!!!” She screamed some more with her full energy. She’s too tired already until she heard the baby’s cry.

 

“Ahh, it’s a healthy baby boy! Congratulations ‘Mr.’ and Mrs. Liu.” The doctor said as she placed the baby on Krystal after wiping him clean, letting the newborn crawl on her mother’s body as the beautiful mom held him for the first time.

 

“’Mr’. Liu?”

 

The ‘husband’ is so touched by the sight of her wife and son together that her tears just kept on flowing, while still holding the cam in her hands, still recording that once in a lifetime moment of their life. A new chapter of their life has started… a new chapter of them being parents.

 

“’Mr.’ Liu…” The doctor called again, but this time she tapped Amber’s shoulder to get her attention.

 

“Ah! Yeah?”

 

“Hahaha… Happy to see your healthy baby boy?”

 

“Ahhh… Yes… I’m just so glad to see him.”

 

“Now why don’t you cut his umbilical cord so you can hold him too?”

 

“I can do that?”

 

“Of course, it’s part of our procedure. Here, cut it here.” The doctor said, directing Amber and pointing her where she should cut the umbilical cord.

 

After cutting it, Amber’s touched him with her index finger and was so happy when his small hands suddenly held her finger.

 

“Hey there little kiddo… ‘Daddy’s’ here… Have you seen Mommy? She’s still beautiful even after giving birth to you.”

 

“Aww… my ‘husband’s’ so sweet.”

 

“How are you feeling now Princess?” Amber asked as she lifted up the baby to carry him.

 

“Tired…” The younger girl said, earning her a peck on the forehead from her ‘husband.’

 

“Do you already have a name for your baby?” The doctor asked them.

 

“Yes…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Winter.” The two of them answered at the same time.

 

============

 

“Junsu hyung…” said the voice from inside the office. When the secretary heard her, he immediately stood up from his desk and went inside.

 

“Yes Amber-ssi?”

 

“Do I still have anything to do today?” She asked as she checked the time, 4PM.

 

The secretary checked his notebook carefully. “Aside from the fact that you have to finish signing the papers that were delivered just now, there aren’t.”

 

“That’s good.” She smiled as she leaned on her chair and released a sigh. “It’s been ten years…”

 

“Since you got married and became the CEO of Liu Diamonds and Mining Corp. Amber-ssi?” Junsu smiled as he asked his boss and friend at the same time.

 

“Yeah… I’m just glad that everything finally fell into their right places. Anyway, make sure to update me everyday with everything that’s going to happen here for a week. I’ll leave everything to you hyung.”

 

“Got it. Enjoy your vacation with your family Amber-ssi.”

 

 

 

 

Somewhere in China…

 

After saying a prayer in front of four graves, Amber put her arm around Krystal’s waist while the other free hand held her son, Winter.

 

“Mom, Dad, Uncle Cao, Secretary Wang, I’d like you all to meet Winter… the fruit of me and Krystal’s love. Thank you for everything… for being with me. Even though I couldn’t see you, I could feel you watching over me, over us, smiling because now, I’m the happiest person alive.”

 

“Mom, Dad… Don’t worry; I’ll take care of your precious daughter and grandson. Thank you, for giving her to me, especially you mom, for giving birth to this daughter of yours.”

 

“Grandma, Grandpa… please forgive my parents’ cheesiness. Believe me, even I can’t take their aegyos to each other sometimes.”

 

“Yah Winter! Your mom and I just love each other very much. You should be happy and proud. Hahaha…”

 

 

 

Somewhere in the Caribbean Is…

 

“Appa, umma, I’ll just go and play with Suchin, Daehyun and Eun-mi.” The 10-year-old Winter asked his parents.

 

“Okay sweetie. Just be careful and don’t go too far okay?”

 

“Yes mom!”

 

The adults, meaning the whole gang including the Jungs’ Musketeers decided to get away from their busy lives and have some sort of reunion.

 

Vic and Nickhun, Yoona and the doctor, so is Yuri and Sica were also married already. Suchin Horvejkul is Khuntoria’s, Jung Daehyun is YoonBi’s while Kwon Eun-mi is Yulsic’s.

 

All of them reminisced the past as they sat around the bonfire, eating hotdogs and marshmallows.

 

“This toast… although it’s just a juice…” Yuri started.

 

“Yah! There are kids with us!” Sica told her.

 

“Eherm… Okay baby… So uhh… This toast… is a thanks for our mad scientist slash doctor for her another unpublished but successful study and experiment for giving us Winter, Daehyun and Eun-mi.”

 

“Yah Kwon! I’m not a mad scientist! I just didn’t publish my works because of ethical issues.”

 

“Hahaha! Just kidding doc. Anyway, let’s have a toast!”

 

“TOAST!” They all said at the same time as they raised their glasses of juice and drank everything in it.

 

“And this toast… is for the success of the Jung’s Enterp., Liu Diamonds and Mining Corp., and Song Security Agency!” Jaejoong said, and another toast was done.

 

“This toast is… for everyone of us who gathered here today. I’m glad and thankful to be part of this family…” Amber said as she looked at every faces she missed and people she’s thankful she met. “You guys… are the reason for what I am right now. Even though we may not always see each other as often as we were before, I’d like to thank you all for making my life meaningful. Lui hyung, Ard hyung, Jaejoong hyung, the crazy school nurse, thanks for all of your guidance, support and advice. So is Yul and D unnies, thank you guys for everything, especially the mad scientist for sending my wife all the way to Japan after my uncle died. You knew me too well that I needed someone to keep me sane. To Sica unnie, thank you for accepting me as part of the family. All of you guys, Ssul, Luna, Nic, Nick oppa, Vic unnie… and to the most important person in my life, Soojung… I LOVE YOU ALL!!! TOAST!”

 

And all of them started crying like babies with Amber’s statement, but followed by laughs right after.

 

****************END*****************