Chapter 10

The Bodyguard's Krystal

 

Chapter 10

 

Inside the four corners of a room with the light from the lampshade as its only source of light, a restless soul will be seen tossing and turning on her bed. Despite the cold climate, the restless soul is sweating profusely. You can hear her mumble the words mom and dad. Next thing you know, it seems like she’s crying out for help, but couldn’t utter the words. Tears are now starting to roll on her cheeks.

 

Let us now see what is this uneasy one dreaming about. From afar is a mansion. It is far from other houses and is covered with trees. In front of the house are three black cars and seven black vans. Moments later, two consecutive gunshots were heard, then followed by another one, and another one, making it a total of ten gunshots. Med dressed in black went outside of the house and rode the vehicles parked outside. As soon as the seven vans left, one of the men in black suit threw a lighter on the house causing the oil that some of his men spilled in the mansion to ignite. Soon, a ball of fire started to emerge. Before the mansion be totally burned down, a small kid with a young adult came out of a small bunker not far away from the burning mansion.

 

“Mom… Dad…” the kid wept as she knelt down the dirt.

 

“Young Master, we have to go now… We need to get out of here before they discover us, or find out that you’re still alive.” The young adult told his master.

 

“I don’t want to leave my parents… sobs… Jason… sobs… I want to… sobs… see them… sobs.”

 

Sympathy. If there’s one word that the young adult feels towards his master at this moment, it’s sympathy. He feels sorry for his master. He knows very well that it’ll be hard for his master to accept the fact that she will no longer see her parents, nor will be able to live the life that she’s used to. He can see the agony, the trauma and grief in his master’s eyes. As much as he wanted to help, he couldn’t do anything but to watch the young kid as she laments for her parents’ death, for what life brought to her. All he could do is pat his master’s back. He knew very well that he couldn’t tell his master the words “It’s okay” because it was never okay. It was never okay to see your own parents shot in the head, lying down on the floor in an instant, losing their life without even the chance to close their eyes. She witnessed it all. He knows it’s taking them too long already, and that it’s dangerous if they stay any longer. He doesn’t have any choice but to lift the kid on his shoulders.

 

“Young Master, we will stay here for now. I know my place isn’t that big but at least we’re safe… for now.” The young adult said to his master, who is still in trauma. She didn’t answer, nor move a bit ever since they got in the small apartment.

 

“Ms. Yi Yun, you should at least change your clothes, and eat something.”

 

He pleaded for his master to eat, even just one spoon of rice, but she didn’t move an inch.

 

It’s been like that for a week until his master stood up and walked out of the corner where she stayed. He was surprised with the words that came out of .

 

“Kill… Kill them… Kill them all…”

 

“Ms. Yi Yun?”

 

“I will kill them all…” She uttered without any hesitations, with no signs of fear. A sweet, playful and cheerful kid suddenly became a person covered with loneliness, darkness, hatred and with a vengeful heart.

 

“I will hunt them down, and kill them… one by one… shooting them on their foreheads… just as they did to my parents. And you, Jason Xie, as my personal bodyguard and butler, will help me. Do you understand?”

 

He is speechless with words that his master uttered. It’s like he saw a devil… He was terrified with the way his master looked at him. It’s the very first time that he saw his master’s eyes glaring like he’s going to kill him if he disagree.

 

“Yes master.” This is all he can say. The next morning, he was surprised to see his master watching TV, smiling, laughing, and acting like nothing happened.

 

They lived for another week like nothing happened, but still being very cautious of their surroundings.

 

The next day a shorthaired Yi Yun went inside the small apartment. They just came back from shopping.

 

“Young Master, since I know that you looked like a boy, and your parents treat you like a boy sometimes, pretend that you are a boy from now on.”

 

“What do you mean Jason?”

 

“The world outside is dangerous for a young girl like you. We also have to hide the fact that you are Liu Yi Yun. From now on, use the name Yoon Il Un.”

 

“No… Can I just use Amber Liu instead?”

“But Master, Amber is a girl’s name.”

 

“I know… but I can just tell them that since expected a daughter, and a son came out, they just gave me that name, so to avoid the awkwardness, I’ll just let them call me M.”

 

“Whatever you say Master. But why do you want to still use the name Liu?”

 

“Because I don’t want to forget.”

 

Jason was speechless for a moment. He thought that what he saw last week was just a dream, an imagination, or hallucination.

 

“I understand. Start packing now Master, we’ll move away from here. It’s getting too dangerous. I think they are suspecting that you’re still alive. I’ve seen suspicious people walking around the place everyday… and they look like they’re watching over me… Over us.”

 

“Where are we going then?”

 

“We’ll go to my cousin in South Korea. Oh, before I forget. Here are our plane tickets, passport and my cousin’s address.”

 

“Why are you giving me our tickets?”

 

“I just wanted to make sure that you would be able to get to South Korea whatever happens.”

 

“Why are you talking like something bad will happen Jason?”

 

“I don’t know Young Master… I don’t know.”

 

“You know, you should quit the habit of calling me Young Master. You should call me M from now on.”

 

“Yes Young Master… I mean M.”

 

Morning came and the two were successful to get to the airport in time for their flight. They’re about to board the plane in a few minutes when Jason suddenly had to go the bathroom.

 

“I’ll make it quick M. If I am still not here and they already started letting the passengers in, go inside and just wait for me there, okay?”

 

“Yes Jason. Oh, here are you ticket and passport.”

 

Jason was doing his thing inside the cubicle when he heard the door open. He wouldn’t think it’s weird until he heard the door locked. He didn’t know why but he suddenly felt nervous. He finished his thing but before flushing, he grabbed his plane ticket, put it in the toilet bowl and flushed it with his thing.

 

I’m sorry Young Master… Looks like I’ll have to leave you like this. I’m sorry… God, you know I’ve done my best to protect my master. Whatever happens today, I’m ready.” Jason told himself. He took a deep breath before opening the door.

 

“Where is she?”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Where is Yi Yun?”

 

“After killing her parents and burning down their house, you ask me where she is?”

 

“We know she’s still alive.”

 

“You’re wrong.”

 

“Tell me where she’s going, which plane and seat number.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Don’t f*** with me. Just give me your da*n ticket you idiot.”

 

“I don’t have it.”

 

“Liar.”

 

“Why don’t you just kill him already. I’m sure he has his ticket with him. In his pocket, or bag, or whatever… Let’s just do it, it’s taking us a long time you know. People will be suspicious.” The other said to the man asking Jason.

 

 

 

“Where is that guy? I’ve been waiting for him in this plane for like 30 minutes already. Aish!” The young kid mumbled to herself. She then fell asleep while waiting for Jason to come. Sadly, no Jason came in. M was woken up by a flight attendant telling her to fasten her seatbelts as they’re already ascending. During the whole trip, M suppressed her tears because the only person she trusted left her behind. She’s worried and lonely… again. When it’s already okay for them to unfasten their seatbelts, she stood up and walked in the plane. She’s riding a first class plane so there aren’t lots of people. Amidst all of the people in the plane, one certain kid caught her eyes. In a certain area where kids can play with their dolls or stuffed toys in the plane, a cute little kid was playing with her large teddy bear. She approached her and started to talk to her in Chinese first, but seeing her reaction, she talked again in English.

 

“That’s one big toy you got there.” She said to the younger girl.

 

“Dad… gi..gi..give… me… my birthday.” The younger girl said.

 

“Oh, your dad gave that to you for your birthday.”

 

The young girl just nodded.

 

“My name’s M, what’s yours?”

 

“K… Kle”

 

“Such a cute name. How old are you Kle? I’m four years old.”

 

“Kle is twooooo.” She smiled as she made a two sign with her fingers.

 

The two kids started talking like they already knew each other for a long time. That’s the first time M smiled and laughed like that after her parents died. They stayed like that for a long time until it’s time for them to go back to their seats. An older young girl, around 7 years old, with a maid approached them.

 

“Krystal, we have to go now.” The maid told Kle.

 

Since the captain is announcing something through the speakers, M wasn’t able to hear what the maid told Kle clearly.

 

Before they part ways, Kle gave something to M. It’s a small hanky with the letters JSJ on it.

 

"J... S... J...?" She wondered. She wanted to ask the little girl but she was already gone.