Chapter 2

The Bodyguard's Krystal

CHAPTER 2

“Hey Krystal, I heard there’s a new student today, wonder what she looks like” Sulli said, as if it’s something important. Sulli was my bestfriend and also my seatmate since first year high school.

“I don’t care, I don’t have anything to do about it.” Ugh, what bothers me actually is that I will have a new bodyguard today. I’m tired of being followed around by some random old guy, who scares or distracts other students.

As we heard the bell, we all went back to our seats. Our teacher looked happy today.

“Good morning, students. Today you will have a new classmate. You can come in now, and introduce yourself,” she said as she signaled the new student to come inside. As the student stepped inside, all of the girls in the classroom, including me, were wowed by his/her appearance. Am I dreaming? Since when did this school, exclusively for girls, allow a guy to the study here?

“Hey Krys… look at him. He’s so cute, just like my type,” Sulli uttered as she was blushing.

“Isn’t it weird? We’re in an all girls school, just to remind you.”

“Uhm… Good morning everyone. My name is Amber Liu, I just moved here to Seoul. Please take care of me, and nice to meet you.”

“Oh, so she’s a girl. She’s too handsome to become a girl, but I still like her, that mysterious aura,” Sulli whispered.

“Since when did you start liking the same ? Aish…”

“Amber, please take a seat beside Sulli.” the teacher told the new student.

“Yes ma’am.”

Amber’s POV
The picture of Krystal was glued in my mind, good thing I have a good photographic memory (A/N: is it really because of your photographic memory? hehehe), so as I walked inside the classroom, I could recognize her right away. She’s more beautiful in person.

“Amber, please take a seat beside Sulli,” the teacher said. A girl raised her hand and pointed at the empty seat beside her, so I think she’s Sulli. Sitting almost near Krystal is good, so I could watch over her more easily.
-------------------
The class was, I should say a bit boring. I knew all of them already because I’m supposed to be in high school now, not back in junior high. Aish… at least I don’t have to worry much in my studies and can focus more on my job. After sitting for three hours, it was lunchtime at last.

“Hi Amber, my name’s Sulli. Are you alone today?”

“Oh, hello. Yeah, I don’t know anyone in this school since I’m new so…yeah.”

“That’s great! Come, you can join us in the café. I’ll also introduce you to my friends,” she said as she grabbed my hand.

“Amber, this is Krystal, one of my bestfriends.”

“Hi, I’m Amber, pleased to meet you,” I greeted as I offered my hand, expecting a handshake but she just ignored it.

“Yeah I know, you just introduced yourself this morning.”

“Uhm… she’s really only like that to people she just met. Bear with it and eventually you’ll get used to it,” Sulli jokingly whispered.

Sulli also introduced me to Luna when we got in the café. She’s in the same year level but in a different section. Three beautiful girls, two of them are jolly and kind while the other’s cold as ice. Good thing the positive energy dominated the negative.

“So… do you have a girlfriend?” Sulli asked. I was surprised and almost choked because of that sudden question.

“Uhm… nope, I don’t have any. And besides I’m a girl.”

“Yeah, but you’re too handsome to be a girl. Didn’t you notice, almost all of the girls inside the café’ are looking at you?” Luna said as she winked her left eye, smiling. That was cute. Why are these two always smiling while Krystal’s face is soooo serious? I think my job is going to be harder than I thought.

“So where are you from? What are your hobbies? Do you like music?” Luna bombarded me with questions as if she were a reporter or something.

“Woah! One question at a time, please?”

“Oops, sorry. I got too excited.”

“Hmm.. to answer your first question, I just came from LA. I stayed there for two years to study, and I’ve been here for four months now since the spring break. Second, I’m the athletic type so I do like sports, but I like martial arts more. I took up kung fu lessons in China; studied ninjutsu, kendo, karatedo and aikido in Japan; taekwondo here in Korea; and mixed martial arts in the US. I also learned basic parkour when I lived in France for a year. I just continued the training in the US. As for music, yeah, I like it, too. I mtook up some piano lessons in China before but not up to the pro level. When I lived in the US, I started liking hiphop, RnB, and learned how to rap.”

As I finished talking, I just realized that there’s already a crowd around our table listening.

Everybody’s silent for a couple of minutes, I thought I said too much, that they might think I’m a weirdo until they started screaming like crazy fans.

“KYAAAAAAAA!!! Amber’s soooooo cooooooool!!!” The girls screamed like there’s no tomorrow.

“Yah! Can’t you see I’m trying to have a decent lunch here? Will you please stop screaming like that? It’s so annoying. So if you don’t have anything else to do, will you please just leave us [four] alone?” Krystal suddenly burst out in anger and glared to the girls. That glare is so scary.

“That’s our Krystal! Her glares are really handy in times like this.” Sulli told me. “But wow! I mean you really ARE cool. You’ve been to so many places around the world just to study different martial arts?”

“You can be my knight in shining armor Amber.” Luna said while smiling at me.

“What’s so cool about that? You won’t get anywhere by learning violence.” Krystal said while reading an English book.

This girl’s really… “I study martial arts because I want to protect people who are important to me. Martial arts aren’t about violence but discipline and perseverance. Martial arts aren’t designed or built to hurt but to protect, to defend. That’s what I learned from all of them.” Huh, now you lose Krystal Jung.

“Yeah yeah, whatever. Think what you want to think. Oooh I’m amazed! You know a lot of things! Continue being like that Amber-who-knows-everything.” She sarcastically answered then walked out of the cafeteria.

“Whew! That was something. You just opposed Krystal Jung on your first day of school. You really are something.” Sulli told me then the bell rang, telling us that lunch time’s over.

Three more hours spent sitting in the class. The teacher reminded us that major exams would be in two weeks time.

I have to go back to my old apartment to get my things and bring them in the Jung’s house. Mr. Song helped me of course, since I don’t have a car. As we arrived, I was astounded by what I saw in front of my eyes. It looked like a modern castle, and it was ginormous. A handsome guy approached me as I we arrived.

“So you’re Amber? My name’s Kim Jaejoong. I’ve been working for the Jungs as a cook for five years now. Well, follow me and I’ll bring you to your room.”

How come this cook’s so hot?

“This is your room. It’s been cleaned already. Oh, and on your study table is the map of the house. If there’s something you need or ask, you can use the intercom.”

“Uhm oppa… can I ask something? Can I cook my own food just in case?”

“Yes, if you will take a look in your map, there’s a small kitchen aside from the main kitchen. That is where we, the employees/servants, can cook whatever we want. Enjoy staying in the house, all employees here are nice.” At last I saw him smile a bit.

“Are they all as hot as you?... Uhm… I mean as nice…” What the heck, I’m so captivated by this guy.

He suddenly bursted out laughing, “You’re funny, hahaha… I’ll tell the others about you. I’m sure they’ll be glad to meet you. You can start unpacking your things now. At around 7:30pm, dinner will be ready. At 8:30pm, Secretary Park will introduce you to the Jung sisters. Oh, and yeah, can you just call me hyung instead? Oppa is awkward for me.”

“Uhm… okay, hyung.”

---------

eherm..yeah, Jaejoong of DBSK's here... because I'm also a cassie. bwahahaha