Chapter 1

The Bodyguard's Krystal

CHAPTER 1

“Amber, run as fast as you can! Get out of here quickly! Save yourself!”
“Mom, I won’t leave you.” I cried.
“They’re already here. Amber quick, hide inside the closet.”

A couple of minutes after I hid inside the closet, I heard people go inside my parents’ room.

“I know who you work for, and I know what you want,” my father uttered.
“Oh yeah? Then you know that the consequences of your actions are your life along with your family.”
I tried to peek and see what was happening outside the closet. If I only knew what would happen, I never would’ve done that. Two gunshots. One bullet went through each of my parents’ head. I felt weak, afraid, confused, sad. A lot of things go through my mind. I want to shout but all I could do was to remain silent.
“Sir, one of their cars were missing, I think they let their daughter escape,” said one of the men.
“They’re not far. You know the plate numbers right? Chase after them.”

The scene changed, and I was at the back of our house, watching it burning with my parents’ bodies inside. I couldn’t do anything to protect them. I was shocked, everything had happened so fast.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGG!!!
Ugh, I dreamt about it again, and made my pillow wet because of my own tears. It’s been twelve years since my parents were murdered. It’s been so long but the past still haunts me. I still haven’t forgot what I promised myself that day… I will avenge them.
Today is the first day I’ll be meeting the person who needs my sevices, so I have to dress up. I wore my white polo, black pants, dark blue necktie and black sneakers. I didn’t expect that somebody would hire a sixteen year old kid as a bodyguard. Yes, you read it right, well I will be starting tomorrow. As I rode in the cab, my boss texted me
“I’ll meet you in front of the building. I hope that you’re dressed properly.”
As I arrived in the building, I saw Mr. Song right away. We went inside immediately after meeting him.
“Soooo… you’re Amber Liu. My name is Park Tae Sun, secretary and right hand of the owner and president of this company. As you know, we will be hiring you to watch over the president’s youngest daughter. But it’ll be a bit different than a typical bodyguard. We hired you because you can watch her even inside the classroom without distracting other students. You will be like a normal person, it’s just that you will be watching over the young miss wherever she goes.
“Also, since you have high grades and the president thinks you’re smart, you will also be the young miss’ tutor. So as you can see in the contract, your salary was higher than what Mr. Song told us. Anyway, you will start schooling tomorrow, there’s your bag, and books on the sofa.”
“Tomorrow? But when will I meet the young miss?” I asked.
“Hahaha. Don’t worry, you will meet her and her sister after class. Oh yeah, I forgot to add, you’re going to live in their house.”
“What?!”
“It is to make things a bit easier for you, remember you’re also a private tutor.”
I doubted if I should really do this, but what can I do? Their pay is high, and I will need it for my revenge. They will also be the one to pay my schooling fees. Ugh!
After signing the contract, I picked up my bag, bowed and left. When I got home, I started to pack my things to get ready to move tomorrow night. I also checked my school bag, to see the books that I’ll be using. Inside I saw a folder with a note that says “Krystal Jung’s profile.” Inside it was a photo of a girl so beautiful I thought she’s a model or something. I don’t know what came in to my mind but I just saw myself smiling. Ugh, it’s nothing; maybe I’m just tired or something, better sleep early or I’ll be late for school tomorrow.