Chapter 8

The Bodyguard's Krystal

 

Chapter 8

 

Amber POV

 

“Hey, there’s some drool on your mouth.”

 

Upon hearing those words, I wiped my mouth by reflex only to know that the person who uttered those words is lying.

 

“Hahaha! If you could only see how your funny your face looked like… hahaha!”

 

Who in the heck is this person? Before I can even open my mouth to ask her…

 

“You know you could bore a hole on her face with the way you looked at her.” She chuckled.

 

“I’m not staring! And who are you by the way? You’re not one of the butlers and it’s the first time I see you here.”

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself. My name’s Chris, but the people here call me Dabi or D.”

 

“So the people here know you. What are you in this house?”

 

“I’m the Jung’s family doctor.” She smiled. “I came here to check Krystal’s head. Since you said that it’s your first time to meet me, I assume you’re Amber?”

 

“Uhm… yes, I am Amber.”

 

“Cute…” She winked as she smiled then, laughed at me. What’s wrong with this doc?

 

“So you also like her?” She abruptly asked.

 

“What? NO! Of course not! What made you say that?”

 

“Because of the way you look at her.”

 

“I’m just amazed by her beauty, okay? I’m just appreciating the beauty of the flowers and hers. Just that.”

 

“Okay okay, fine.” Good. Why does everyone say that I like her? Aish! “I thought we’re going to have a new member in our club.” I heard her mumbled.

 

“We? Club? What?”

 

“Oh, the Krystal’s Three Musketeers Club.”

 

“Three Musketeers Club? What in the heck is that club? I don’t know that such club exists.”

 

“Of course you won’t. You’re new here kid. And, the Three Musketeers Club only has 3 members, of course we won’t be called Three Musketeers if we’re not three.”

 

I can’t believe this person.

 

“The Three Musketeers are Lui, Ard, and I. We made an oath upon the founding of the club that we will never ever let Krystal Jung cry, be hurt, will always do things that can make her smile… happy, and will put our lives on the line just for her.”

 

“Are you serious? I mean I understand if it’s Lui and Ard hyung but you’re a girl right?”

 

“Hm? Why? What’s wrong with loving such a sweet, beautiful girl? Her smile makes us alive. She’s our ‘vitamin.’ We dedicate our lives to making her laugh. Just seeing her smile, or hearing her laugh makes us smile and laugh as well.”

 

“You guys are crazy.”

 

“We’re crazy for her. Hahaha!” She’s really crazy. How can this person be a doctor? She doesn’t even look like one.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot the reason why I’m here. Anyway, I don’t have any appointments ‘til tomorrow so it’s okay for me to wait for the Princess to wake up. Or you can just wake her up for me. hehehe… I’ll go inside for now, enjoy your ‘sight seeing’ Amber Liu.” She chuckled before turning around. I watched her walk towards the backdoor of the mansion until I was no longer able to see her.

 

“Amber? You’re already here… What are you doing here? Are you looking for me?”

 

I turned around and was startled to see Krystal standing in front of me. She’s already awake? But just a while ago she’s…

 

“Hey, you okay?” She said as she waved her hand in front of my face.

 

“Huh? Uh… Uhm… Yes Princess, I’m fine.” I answered unknowingly that I just called her ‘Princess.’

 

“P… Princess? pffft. Hahaha!”

 

Great! Now I don’t know what to say.

 

“There are only three people who call me like that. Don’t tell me they are influencing you? Hahaha!” She really can’t stop laughing now.

 

“Uhm… Don’t you like it?” What did I just say? Aish Amber…

 

She tried to stop laughing then took a deep breath.

 

“No no no, I actually like it… But only those three can call me like that without me feeling so embarrassed about it. I think it’s fine if you call me that, but only when we’re at home.”

 

“Ah, yes, I understand.”

 

She just answered me with a smile. I noticed her look at the sky and then to her watch.

 

“Hey, come with me, I’d like to show you something.” She then grabbed my arm and ran towards mansion’s rooftop. After we got there, she started climbing up the ladder towards the roof.

 

“Uhm… Princess, isn’t it dangerous for you to climb up there? Why don’t we just stay here?” I asked her, as I was worried that she might fall.

 

“Don’t worry, I always go here whenever I have time just to watch the sunset. And besides, if ever I fall, I know that you’ll be there catch me, won’t you?” She smiled at me once again. Guess I have no choice but climb to the roof.

 

When I got to where she is, I was astonished with the view. You can really see the beautiful sunset here. I then took a glance of my boss. Her face is beaming just as the sea sparkles because of the sun’s light reflecting on it. She then closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. She opened her eyes as she exhaled afterwards. She then faced me, the person, who could only gaze at her in astonishment.

 

“Do I have dirt on my face?”

 

Poof! I was back in reality.

 

“Uhm… No, you don’t have any Princess.”

 

“Okay… Hey, look! The first star of the night!” She said with surprise and excitement as she pointed to the twinkling star. “You know they say that if you make a wish to that star, it’ll come true.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yup. Want to try?” She then closed her eyes and wished silently on her own while I just kept my eyes on her. Stupid eyes. As she slowly opened her eyes, I quickly closed mine pretending that I’m also wishing on the star. When I open my eyes, I saw her smiling happily to me. Why are you smiling like that to me?!

“It’s getting dark now Princess plus the air’s getting colder, too. I think we should go inside now.”

 

“Yep, you’re right Amber. Let’s go?”

 

“You go first Princess.” I told her as I gave way to her. We’re now walking on the apex of the roof with her in front of me. Then as expected, she slipped a bit causing her to lose her balance. Good thing I was there to catch her.

 

 

Krystal POV

 

I was enjoying the beautiful scenery on the rooftop with Amber. I don’t know how but it felt like I’m already comfortable with her… like we knew each other for a long time now. I then closed my eyes and breathed in deeply, and opened them as I exhaled. On the corner of my eyes I know that she’s staring at me so I turned to her.

 

“Do I have dirt on my face?”

 

Did I surprise her? Hahaha… Was she busy gazing at me? She’s so cute. Wait. What did I just say?

 

“Uhm… No, you don’t have any Princess.”

 

“Okay… Hey, look! The first star of the night!” I said and pointed as I saw the beautiful star. “You know they say that if you make a wish to that star, it’ll come true.”

 

“Really?” You don’t know that? Where in the world did you come from?

 

“Yup. Want to try?” I then closed my eyes as I wished upon the star. As I open my eyes, I saw her making a wish too. Her face is… *sigh* it’s just too cute. She’s really too handsome for a girl, not to mention the way she dress today, which made me remember that she just had a date today. Hmpf, dressed to kill huh? How I wish I were that girl… Aish Krystal! I facepalmed myself with that stupid thought. But, I’m happy… happy that she’s with me now, watching the sunset. I’m now smiling stupidly in front of her. She then opened her eyes.

 

“It’s getting dark now Princess plus the air’s getting colder, too. I think we should go inside now.”

 

“Yep, you’re right Amber. Let’s go?”

 

“You go first Princess.” She told me as she gave way to me. I tried to balance myself as I walk to the ladder. And then I slipped. My heart skipped a beat. I closed my eyes, as I’m afraid of falling. I then felt an arm caught me. As I try to open my eyes, Amber’s face is only a few inches away from me. I can feel my face starting to get hot now. Oh no, am I blushing?

 

“Gotcha.” She said as she helped me to stand up.

 

“See? I was right! You won’t let me fall right? Promise me you’ll always catch me whenever I fall, okay?” I jokingly told her.

 

“Will do Princess.” She then smiled at me, causing her eyes to form a half moon shape.

 

 

Amber POV

 

When we got in the mansion, I told Krystal that Dr. D was here and was waiting for her. D and Krystal are now in the living room. D’s checking Krystal’s head. I, on the other hand, sit in the employees’ kitchen. Why? It’s because Dr. D asked me to do so. Why? I don’t really know why did I obey her. After 10-15 minutes, D appeared in front of the door along with Lui and Ard hyung.

 

“So… D said she think you deserve a place in our club.” Lui hyung said as he grabbed a stool and sit. As the other two sat down on the stool, the three of them looked at me.

 

“In your club? Let me clear myself hyung, I don’t have plans in joining, okay?” Aish… What’s with the serious atmosphere?

 

“You call them hyung while you don’t even call me unnie or noona? tsk tsk…” D uttered as she shood her head.

 

“Okay D unnie. You happy now?” She then smiled as a sign of approval.

 

“One of the missions of The Three Musketeers is to protect the Princess. Aren’t you her personal bodyguard? So it only makes sense that you should be part of our club too.” Ard hyung explained.

 

“I forgot to mention you earlier that Krystal’s Three Musketeers Club is a subgroup of the Jung’s Musketeers.” D unnie added.

 

“Jung’s Musketeers? I really can’t believe that you’re so serious about this.”

 

“We’re always serious when it comes to the safety and happiness of the Jung sisters.” Lui hyung claimed.

 

“Now that you mention it D, where is she? She’s supposed to be in the initiation of the newest ‘musketeer’. She’s the only one who can make Amber’s membership legitimate because she’s the Head Musketeer.” Ard asked D. Hmm… I wonder whom is he talking about so I asked them.

 

“Head Musketeer? Who is she?”

 

“She’s Jessica’s bodyguard before.” D answered.

 

“Bodyguard before? So she’s no longer her bodyguard? Why? What happened?”

 

“Well that’s because…” Before D can finish, a girl appeared in front of the door, huffing.

 

“Sorry… huff… I’m… huff… late.”

 

--------------------

Yeah at last, the chapter where the Jung's Musketeers were born!

And other characters here are afx members..lol