Chapter 28

The Bodyguard's Krystal

 

Chapter 28

 

The Jung sisters happily fetch their dad in the airport, and had dinner together, reminiscing the times they had and caught up with what Mr. Jung missed. It’s an exclusive dinner for the Jung family so the bodyguards present are Mr. Jung’s exclusive bodyguards only.

 

Krystal somehow wanted to tell her father about her relationship with Amber but she wanted the older girl to be there. She wanted to introduce her proudly as her girlfriend, not as her bodyguard. She wanted to introduce Amber as if her father didn’t know her, or haven’t met her. But since Amber wasn’t there at the dinner, she decided to tell it some other time. Amber knows about it too and agreed with the younger girl. She was instead happy that Krystal wanted to introduce her that way. The only problem is that the day after that dinner, Mr. Jung became too busy with their business. Jessica suffered too because after classes, she had to tag along with their dad.

 

The time for the closed-door annual meeting of the company came. Everyone on his or her attire looked very respectable. Five minutes before the start of their meeting, the hall was already full. All names were checked meaning everyone was present. Mr. Jung, Jessica along with Yuri finally came in and the doors were finally shut.

 

Secretary Park spoke first to greet everyone in the room. He then introduced Jessica and finally Mr. Jung, giving the podium to the latter for his speech. After giving his foreword and all, each department heads presented their annual report. Everybody was pleased with the company’s performance for the past couple of years. New shareholders were also introduced. One of them was a guy named…

 

Wu Taizu.

 

“After Lee Young Jae suddenly decided to sell some his shares to try and invest in another company, Mr. Wu, a Chinese who found interest in the company, bought his share. Unfortunately, Mr. Wu wasn’t able to attend due to health problems, but he sent his personal secretary as his representative. Let me introduce to the people in here Mr. Wang.”

 

Mr. Wang stood up and was welcomed with big warm of applause from the people inside the hall. He was given a chance to have some speech and was able to convey Mr. Wu’s message regarding his interest in the company and that he’s looking forward to working with the people in the company.

 

After all of the introductions and reports, they started the meeting for celebrating the company’s 25th Anniversary.

 

---------------------

 

In Krystal’s room…

 

“Princess? We’re done with the lessons.” Amber said as she tried to get the attention of the younger Jung.

 

“Hm? Oh… I see.” Krystal was about to clean up her study table but Amber prevented her to do so.

 

“You’re out of focus my Princess. Maybe you’re just tired? But I know you’re tired because of something that’s been bothering you. I know you Kle.” Amber started arranging Krystal’s books and notes and carefully put them in her school bag. “Like what you did to me last last week, you can tell me what’s bothering you.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Why are you apologizing?”

 

“Because up ‘til now, I haven’t introduced you properly to my dad yet.”

 

“Is that what’s been bothering you?”

 

The girl nodded.

 

Amber took a deep breath before turning the younger girl around so she’s now facing her. She tucked a few strands of Krystal’s hair behind her ear and cupped her cheeks.

 

“You don’t have to worry too much about that. Just go with the flow. The right time will come. Just wait until everything fall into their right places, okay?”

 

The younger girl smiled lightly as she nodded. This made Amber smile too and plant a light peck on Krystal’s forehead. Then, without warning, she carried Krystal on her arms towards her bed. The older girl tucked her girlfriend in the bed and kissed her goodnight.

 

“You know if you always do this, I’ll get used to this.”

 

“I won’t mind doing it everyday until forever.”

 

“You spoil me too much Amber.”

 

“Well I guess… I just love you too much Princess.”

 

“Cheesy.”

 

“Only to you.”

 

“Aish… Just go to your room and sleep!”

 

“I’ll gladly do it if you promise that we’ll meet again in your dreams.”

 

“Yah!”

 

“Hahaha! Sweet dreams my Princess.”

 

“My dreams will only be sweet if you’re in it.”

 

“Woah! You’re learning eh?”

 

“You’re a good teacher that’s why.”

 

“Hahaha… I’m a proud teacher then. Anyway, I’ll really go out of your room now. It’s not a good habit to always sleep in your room. Goodnight Krystal Jung.”

 

“Goodnight Amber Liu.”

 

-------------------

 

“Are you ready my Princess?” It’s a day before Krystal’s actual birthday when Amber asked her out on a date. Since Krystal’s family is complete and has plans on the 24th, the older girl thought that she just might as well spend the time alone with her.

 

The two rode Amber’s motorbike instead of using one of the Jungs’ car. Mr. Jung still doesn’t have any idea about the two’s relationship but somehow, when Krystal told him that she’ll go out with Amber, he thought that his daughter will just go in a mall with Amber, since she’s her bodyguard.

 

“Why are we using your motorbike again anyway?” Krystal asked while wearing the helmet that Amber gave her.

 

“It’s easier to go there.”

 

“Go… ‘there’?”

 

“Hahaha… It’s a surprise Princess. So… hop in and let’s hit the road.”

 

Krystal finally took the seat behind Amber and put her arms around the latter.

 

“Hold on tight Kle.”

 

“You better not drive too fast Amber… or I’ll kyaaaaaaaaa!!!”

 

Amber didn’t let Krystal finish as she stepped on the gas and dashed the motorbike out of the Jung’s compound.

 

You’re dead later Amber.”

 

---------

 

“We’re here.” Amber said as she removed her helmet. Meanwhile, Krystal was still holding tight onto Amber with her eyes closed.

 

“Kle… we’re here.” She repeated.

 

The younger girl finally released her grip and hopped off the motorbike. She removed her helmet and gave it to Amber. After putting both helmets beside the motorbike…

 

 

 

 

SMACK

 

 

 

“Aww! What was that for?”

 

“Next time… you drive that fast… I’ll make sure… you won’t like what I will do.”

 

“S-sorry. I just got too excited?”

 

“Aish! Really…” Krystal was supposed to hit Amber again, but with the older’s puppy eyes, she didn’t do it. “Anyway, what is this place?”

 

“Oh, you mentioned before about a Buddhist temple that we can visit so I can somehow say my prayers for them. So… I brought you here.”

 

“Ohhh… So you really took it seriously.”

 

“Ahuh. But first, we have to climb up these stairs to get to the top. So shall we?” Amber said as she offered her hand to assist her Princess.

 

 

 

 

“huff… Aren’t we there… huff… yet?” The younger girl managed to ask while panting.

 

“Just a few more steps…”

 

After around twenty steps, they managed to reach the top. Amber let Krystal to rest first before they continued to go in the temple.

 

After paying respects, lighting the incense and bowing multiple times, Amber took a deep long bow as if saying a prayer for her parents. After getting up, but still on her knees, Krystal noticed some tears forming on Amber’s eyes. She reached for Amber’s hands and squeezed it. This action made the older girl look up into her girlfriend’s eyes and intertwined their fingers.

 

“Mom… Dad… I know you’re watching over me. Thank you… for everything. You can also see her right? I’m not lonely anymore because of her. Mom, I bet if you’re alive, you’ll hug her tight as if she’s your child too, won’t you? Mom, Dad… I’d like you to meet Krystal Jung. I know that you know how much I love this girl beside me.

 

“I’ll cherish her as you cherish us Dad. I’ll love her as much as you love Mom. I’ll protect her as much as you protected us.

 

“Mom, I promise I’ll take care of her as much as you took care of me, and I’ll comfort her just as you comforted me.”

 

Amber’s words touched Krystal the most, making her hug the former tightly.

 

“I’ll love your daughter… as much as you loved her… well if I could possibly surpass your love for her, but I’ll give my whole heart to her.”

 

“Krys… *sobs*…”

 

“Shhh… You’re my oh so tough bodyguard but such a crybaby when it comes to family.” Krystal said, trying to comfort her girlfriend as she gently Amber’s back.

 

They stayed for another half an hour of silence and peace.

 

“Feeling better now?”

 

“Yeah… thanks…”

 

“You’re welcome crybaby.”

 

“Yah! I’m not that much of a crybaby okay?”

 

“Hahaha.. I’m just teasing you. Anyway, where are we going next?”

 

“Still a surprise.”

 

“Aish… fine. Let’s go.”

 

The couple actually spent their lunch in one of the high-end restaurants in town, which actually shocked Krystal.

 

“You…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“It’s expensive here!”

 

“I know.”

 

“B-but…”

 

“What do you think am I doing to the salary that you give me? Your family also pays my school fees. I live in your house, plus free food. I don’t have any families to support and I’m just on my own. Not to mention that Mr. Song also sends me money every month.”

 

“Maybe I should suggest my Dad to stop giving you salary.”

 

“Then I’ll stop being your bodyguard.”

 

“Are you really going to do that just because we won’t pay you anymore?”

 

“Hmm… Let’s see… Might be.”

 

“What did you just say?”

 

“Hey… I’m just kidding okay? I won’t resign, but it’s part of the contract I signed. My contract is endless and will only end if I resign. And besides, if I resign, I won’t be able to live in your house… less time to spend with you.”

 

“You better not Amber Liu.”

 

“Hahaha! You’re so cute when you’re on your Ice Princess mode.”

 

“It’s not funny.”

 

“You’re also cute when you’re serious…”

 

“…”

 

“And you look so hot and y when you look so mad.” Amber said as she gave her dorkiest smile ever to the younger girl, causing her to smile as well.

 

“But you’re the most beautiful when you smile… especially when you smile at me like that. I feel so privileged to see that kind of smile from yours.”

 

“You just love me so much I think.”

 

“Yeah… I just love you so much.” Amber said as she rested her chin on her hand.

 

“And I love you too… so much.”

 

“You know what… I think we’re like mac and cheese… because we’re so cheesy.”

 

“We can also be like a triple chocolate cake… because of our sweetness?”

 

The two burst out laughing, causing the people around them to stare at them, and one of the waiters to respectfully ask them to tone down their voices.

 

“So where’s our next stop?”

 

“Oh that?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The beach?! We’re in the beach?! You know that it’s autumn now but why here?” Krystal asked her.

 

“Hmm… We’re not going to swim Kle.”

 

“Then what do you plan to do?”

 

“I asked a lady who has a small store here to prepare some light dinner for us later. We’re going to watch the sunset here.”

 

 

Krystal’s POV

 

It’s already 5PM and the wind is getting chilly. Amber and I took a nap under an umbrella on the sand while talking about random things. We always see each other almost whole day everyday but we don’t display that much affection when we’re in public. We just enjoy the company of one another. We do hold hands but not at all times. We don’t want the whole school’s attention on us anyway.

 

But when we get home, especially after studying, it’s just for a short while but Amber becomes really sweet and caring towards me. She loves carrying me from my seat in front of the study table towards the bed and tucks me in. We also go out sometimes on weekends to watch movies or just stroll around the mall.

 

But today, she’s just so different. There’s not a moment where I didn’t feel the butterflies in my stomach, or a moment where my heart beat normally. This day is just so surreal.

 

“Enjoying the day so far my Princess?” She asked me while she’s setting up the bonfire.

 

“Yeah… How’d you think about all of these stuff?”

 

“I actually asked Vic unnie’s help, so is Luna, Sulli and Nicole’s help. They gave me too many choices to choose from and ended up with these. I’m glad you like it.”

 

“I don’t like it M… I love it.” Let’s see… ever since we knew that we met when we’re kids, I started calling her M while she started calling me Kle sometimes.

 

Picture of You - I just think that this song is perfect for the next scenes.

 

“I’m glad…” Amber finally lit up the bonfire and took a seat beside me. I rested my head on her shoulder as she put her arm around my waist. We both stared at the slowly retreating sun and watched as the skies changed its colors.

 

“Thank you M… for all of these.”

 

“I should be the one thanking you. You saved me from the darkness that’s slowly eating my soul away. You saved me from the loneliness that’s slowly killing me inside.

 

“You revived this dying heart of mine.”

 

Amber took one of Krystal’s hands with the hand that was on her waist and intertwined their fingers.

 

“I never thought that I’d find someone with fingers that will perfectly fit the spaces in my hand. It’s like finding the person who’ll fill up my weaknesses.

 

“I know tomorrow, I won’t be able to spend much of the day with you so I decided to spend the day before your actual birthday with you. It’s just you, me, and the skies, the sea and this bed of sand. I want to be selfish just for this day… I want you all for myself. I hope it’s okay with you.”

 

“Of course it’s okay with me. Today is perfect Amber.”

 

“What did you tell your dad for him to let you out until morning?”

 

“I told him that I’ll sleep over at Sulli’s place.”

 

“Did Sulli know?”

 

“Yup…”

 

“That’s great.”

 

“You really have everything planned huh?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Sorry…”

 

“Hmm? Why are you apologizing?”

 

“Because I didn’t plan anything on your birthday. You didn’t even tell me that it’s your birthday!”

 

“Hahaha… Sorry.”

 

“If Nicole didn’t greet you that day, I wouldn’t know.” Like seriously, Amber never mentioned anything about her birthday and stuff. I actually became a bit jealous of Nicole again that day. It’s because I’m Amber’s girlfriend but I don’t even know when her birthday is. I told her that it hurt me a bit that she never mentioned about it. And as a punishment, I didn’t give her a gift… that day. I gave her a gift like a week after that. It took me a while to look for something to give her. I ended up giving her a watch, and I’m glad that she liked it.

 

“Aish… not that again. Let’s not talk about it anymore shall we?”

 

I just nodded.

 

And then there was silence again. But this time, I played with her hands while we’re watching the sunset.

 

The colorful sky, the beautiful sunset, the nice scent of the beach, the sparkling sea, the chilly breeze, the peaceful sound of the waves, the heat coming from the bonfire, and Amber’s warmth, all of these in one… it’s the perfect birthday gift.

 

“Amber?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Thank you for this perfect birthday gift. Now I feel so ashamed with my gift to you.”

 

“Don’t say that… Meeting you is a miracle… You loving me? It’s a blessing I never thought I deserve.”

 

“Eherm… Excuse me you two. This charming guy here asked for a simple seafood dinner so here you are. And oh, it’s getting colder so I brought you guys a blanket.” The old woman told us. She really thought that Amber’s a guy.

 

“Thanks ahjumma.”

 

After eating dinner, we sang songs until it’s almost midnight.

 

“My actual plan is to welcome your birthday with you.”

 

Aish this girl… I can’t believe she planned everything until midnight. I then noticed that she pulled out something from a plastic bag that the ahjumma gave us earlier before she closed her store.

 

“What are those?”

 

“These? Fireworks.”

 

She setup the fireworks a bit further away from our spot. She looked at the clock and it’s almost midnight. She then started counting down.

 

“10!

 

9

 

8

 

7

 

6

 

5

 

4

 

3

 

2

 

1…

 

Happy Birthday Krystal Jung Soojung!!!” She yelled as she lit up the fireworks and sprint her way towards me.

 

“You’re crazy!” I told her.

 

“I’ve always been this crazy for you.” She said as she pecked me in the lips.

 

“Make a wish my Princess.”

 

Oh my God, there’s nothing I could ever ask for. You gave me great friends, a loving family, and a crazy girlfriend… I mean a person who loves me as much as I love her. All I can do is thank you for everything you’ve given me. I just wish that Amber’s really the one… and that all of these won’t ever end.

 

“This is the best birthday I’ve ever had.”

 

“I never thought that most sad day of my life would be soon be the happiest.”

 

Amber… I’m glad I changed this sorrowful day of yours into a happy one.

 

“I LOVE YOU AMBER LIU!!!” I shouted to the vast ocean.

 

“AND I LOVE YOU KRYSTAL JUNG!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

We spent the night in Vic unnie’s apartment. Don’t think too much, we just slept. We’re both tired with everything that happened, but I’m happy.

 

END of Krystal’s POV

 

People always think that when you sleep together, there’s always something that is happening in between the sheets and the bed. But let me tell you, It’s not always like that. The feeling of actually hugging each other until you fall asleep, the warmth of each other’s breath, and the total happiness in the morning when you wake up right beside them. Everything may sound so good to be true, but sometimes it takes a lot of responsibility and love to be able to be as wholesome as possible. Sleeping with your special someone is one of the most heartwarming experiences you’ll ever have. No nothing, simply hugging and smiling yourself to sleep.

 

And besides… they’re still underage here!

 

----------------------

 

The next day, the Jungs celebrated Krystal’s birthday in their own home. After having their dinner, Krystal approached her dad, who is having a cup of tea in their garden.

 

“Uhm… Dad.”

 

“Yes my lovely daughter?”

 

“I have something to tell you.”

 

“Ahuh… What is it Soojungie? Do you want me to buy you something? Or is there something wrong with school?”

 

“Dad it’s not what you think.”

 

“Oh… Okay… What is it then?”

 

Krystal took a peek at the back where a familiar figure was hiding.

 

“Uhm… Dad… don’t be surprised okay?”

 

“O-Okay…”

 

“I… I… uhh… I want you to… uhm… introduce… Amber.”

 

“Amber? I already know you bodyguard baby.”

 

Amber then approached the two and stood beside Krystal.

 

“It’s not it… Dad… Amber and I… are going out…”

 

“…”

 

“We’re in a relationship… a romantic relationship.”

 

Mr. Jung’s eyes got wider and he almost dropped the teacup he’s holding. He put it down and stood up.

 

“We… love each other Dad.”

 

Mr. Jung then walked towards Amber until he’s in front of her.

 

Amber bowed when he’s already in front of her. “M-Mr. Jung… I…”

 

“You…”