Chapter 6

The Bodyguard's Krystal

CHAPTER 6

Krystal POV
When I woke up, I was already in my room.

“Thank God you’re awake now Krystal. You made me worry too much. Aish, that bodyguard is useless. How could she leave you alone like that? Don’t worry little sister, we’ll get her fired and get a new bodyguard for you.” Jessica said.

“Jessica unnie, it’s okay. I’m fine now. And besides, nothing happened to me, thanks to Amber. She actually saved me. I’m sorry I made you worry. It’s all my fault.”

“She saved you because it’s her job to protect you. And what are you saying nothing happened to you? Just look at that head.” She said, pointing at my bandage.

“And since when did you start defending someone?”

“What? I’m not defending her. I’m just…”

“Nevermind” Jessica cut my sentence before finishing. “Come here, you have to eat and regain your strength.”

After finishing my dinner, “Unnie, where’s Amber by the way?”

“Secretary Park is currently talking to her in the library.”

I stood up and went to the library leaving my unnie in the bedroom.

“Yah! Jung Soo Jung, where are you going?”


Amber’s POV

“I know that you know the reason why I called you here tonight,” Secretary Park asked, glaring at me.

“Yes, Secretary Park.”

“The Young Miss’ parents aren’t happy with what you did today. You’re supposed to watch over the Young Miss but you let her get out of your sight. As a consequence she got a minor cut on her head. I know that you’re able to save her just in time before anything worse could happen, but it’s your job to save and protect her. You failed my expectations and we won’t let it slip.”

“Yes, I understand. It’s my fault, and I’m ready for the consequences.”

“Good. You can start packing your things now. You’re service is no longer needed here. I’ll call Mr. Song later to inform him about what happened. I really thought that…”

“Wait Secretary Park!”

“Young Miss?” Secretary Park and I said in chorus.

“Why are deciding things like this without my permission? Are we forgetting something here? As far as I can remember, Amber is MY bodyguard. You hired her for me, so that makes me her boss. Therefore, I think I should be the one to decide if I still need her services or not.”

“I-I’m sorry Young Miss. I just thought that you will think of firing her right away because of what happened.”

I was shocked and speechless. It’s like I’m seeing a different Krystal Jung here. Why is she saving my a** in here?

“The talk here is done now. Thank you for the concern Secretary Park. And you Amber, come with me in my room. We’ll talk.”

“Yes Young Miss. Goodnight Secretary Park.” I bowed and then followed the Young Miss.

This is the first time that I will enter her room. It really is big, and the interior’s really that of a princess’. It also has windows facing the east so it’s really bright here in the morning.

“Okay, first, I would like to thank you for saving me, though a little late, at least it’s just a small cut, nothing serious.”

“It’s my job to protect and save you Young Miss.”

“I know! Anyway, I just saved your a** in there so I think we’re quits.”

I was looking on the floor as she’s talking to me. But I tried to take some glances of course. Dang, how did she manage to still look gorgeous even with that bandage on her head?

“Anyway, congratulations!”

“Uhm… Thank you, but congratulations for what Young Miss?” C’mon what is she talking about?

“Let’s just say that you’re the second bodyguard to get my approval. Anyway, since I’ve already accepted you as my bodyguard, well officially my bodyguard, I would want to discuss to you my rules and regulations.”

“Rules and regulations?”

“Of course! I don’t want anybody to know that you’re my bodyguard because it’s embarrassing and annoying. Anyway, I’ll print the whole rules and regulations so you can read it and memorize it.”

She explained the rules and regulations to me one by one. It really took her some time to finish everything and it’s already late when we finished. Well, most of them tells only one thing… act naturally in front of other people.

“So that’s all. I hope you understood each and everyone of them.”

“Yes Young Miss.”

“You can go to your room now. Goodnight.” She smiled.

What the? She’s smiling? Is that really Krystal Jung? I… “Ahh… Y… Yes, Young Miss. Goodnight.” I bowed as I close the door. That smile somehow made me smile too. She’s cuter when she smiles.

“Hey, congratulations.” Somebody whispered. As I turned around, it’s Jaejoong hyung.

“Hyung! You startled me there. What’s with the word congratulations today?”

“Well, looked like you earned the Young Miss’ favor. It’s really unusual for her to be like that.” Jaejoong hyung explained as we walked to our quarters.

“Why? Didn’t she like you guys?”

“Well, not all of us. But before we earned her favor, a lot of us has been through a lot of pain.”

“So how’d you win her favor hyung?”

“Hmm… I made a mango pudding. She loves mangoes so I tried to make a creamy, sweet, soft and mushy mango pudding.”

“Ohhh.. I see.” We stopped in front of my room and said goodnight to Jaejoong hyung.

Today’s been a long day. A lot of things happen. I don’t know why but I feel happy though. As I was about to lie down, I remembered that I’d be meeting her tomorrow. It’s been a long time since the last time I saw her. I sent her an SMS telling her that I’ll pick her up in her apartment at 9am.

What happened today reminded me of Lisa. I sighed trying to remember the day we met. It was the spring after my parents were murdered. I was on the streets, damaged emotionally, starving to death, freezing at night, homeless, and alone. I was lucky my brain didn’t go crazy or something. Lisa was the person who offered me a hand.

Flashback
“Hey kid, you look like you haven’t eaten for days. Here, have this.” A young girl on her teens said as she offered her bread. I took it and ate like there’s no tomorrow.

“You really are that hungry huh? Anyway, my name’s Lisa.” Lisa? Why does she have an English name?

“My name’s Amber. Why do you have an English name? You don’t look foreigner to me.”

“Foreigner? Me? HAHAHA!!! I just chose it randomly when I heard a song of an American singer named Lisa Loeb.”

“You chose your own name?”

“Yes. I’m an orphan but I don’t like the place where I am so when I was 4 y/o, I ran away and started living in the streets. I don’t like my name so I chose a new name. Isn’t it fun?”

“Fun? What’s so fun living in the streets?”

“Uhm… It’s fun because I’m free to do whatever I want. By the way, you said your name’s Amber. So, you’re a girl? I thought you’re a boy at first.”

“Yup. It’s okay. Jason told me to dress and continue acting like a boy to protect myself.”

“Protect yourself? Why do you have to protect yourself? And who is Jason?”

“Uhm… I’m not allowed to tell you that kind of information. Sorry unnie.”

“Oh, I see. I won’t force you to tell me then.” She smiled brightly as she said it.

After that, she asked me to stay with her since she said that the “streets” is dangerous for a 4 y/o girl like me. She introduced me to a gang using kids to sell gums and candies in the streets. She knew it’s illegal, but she said that it’s better than sleeping in the streets with nothing to eat. We treated each other like siblings. She’ll support me, and take care of me. She became my new family.

But then around one year after our first meeting, something bad happened. You see Lisa unnie was a really pretty girl even at a young age of 14. Some guys have been keeping an eye on us for weeks but we ignored it, until we were cornered by them. And that happened. We weren’t even able to say goodbye to each other.
.
End of flashback


I was only 5 years old that time, too young to fight and protect my unnie. If only I was strong enough to fight and protect her, she should’ve still been with me. Why do I keep losing the people, whom I loved and cared so dearly? I was only five back then, but was alone, once again. Life is so unfair I thought.

“I got your back. I will always be here with you M. Unnie will never leave you, promise.” These are the words that Lisa unnie kept on telling me whenever I feel sad and worried.

“Lisa unnie, you’re watching me from up there, aren’t you? I’m sure the view from heaven beats the hell out of mine hear.” I whispered before falling asleep.

-----------------------------

school's killing me..sorry for the late updates -_-