Chapter 23

The Bodyguard's Krystal

Chapter 23

It was already midnight when the gang arrived in Harbin. The gang consists of Amber, Krystal, Sica, Yuri, D and Yoona. After getting off the Jung’s private plane, they immediately checked in the hotel to rest and call it a night.

In Kryber’s Room

After getting in the room, Amber stopped Krystal from walking further.

“Why? What’s wrong?” the younger Jung asked.

“Wait here for a moment while I check the room.” Amber answered.

“Aish… you don’t have to do this. We’re in a hotel and they have their own security measures on their own.”

“It’s better to make sure that everything’s fine.” Amber said as she checked the entire room. “Okay, it’s all good now. You can shower first while I fix our things.”

The younger Jung just shook her head. She can’t believe that Amber’s actually doing these things. Is this the effect of their fight? Her being more aware that she’s a bodyguard? Now she regrets what she did. She went to the bathroom to cool down herself and relax. After having a warm shower and dressing up in her pajamas, she went out of the bathroom.

Wow… This is the first time I’ve seen her like this. Amber thought to herself after she saw the younger girl stepped out of the bathroom.

“Your turn.” Krystal said while drying her hair.

“Why don’t you use the hair dryer here outside to dry your hair before you sleep?” Amber suggested.

“Why not?”

“Here.” Amber gave her the dryer then closed the bathroom door.

After a few minutes, Amber stepped out of the bathroom and saw Krystal listening to her iPod. She smiled when she saw how cute the girl is while bobbing her head. The younger girl noticed Amber having funny stares on her.

“Yah! What’s so funny?!” She said as she threw a pillow on Amber’s face, which she easily caught.

“You just look so cute while bobbing to the music.” Amber commented.

Krystal blushed and tried to hide it by throwing another pillow to Amber.

“Hey! That’s two in a row now. Make it three and…”

“And what?”

Amber raised her hands and moved her fingers. “I’ll make you laugh ‘til you drop.” She said with a smirk.

“Oh no… you’re not gonna do it again.”

“I won’t… if you stop throwing pillows on me. Here are your pillows.” Amber handed her boss the two ‘lucky’ pillows. She then lied down on her bed and turned off the lights. The only light that’s is the lampshade between the two single beds.

“Princess…”

“Hm?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“Earlier you asked me what are you to me… Now, can I ask you the same question? What am I to you?”



What to do? What to do? What am I going to tell her? I’m not prepared for this… What should I say? Krystal asked herself.

“Eh? Are you asleep already?” Amber asked.


Oh yeah… Krystal pretend that you’re already asleep.



*sigh* “Okay… I think I’ll just sleep too. Goodnight Princess…









I love you.”

The pretending Princess suddenly opened her eyes and can’t believe what she just heard. She stood up, now sitting on her bed, and turned her body towards Amber.

“What did you just say?”

Amber turned to her Princess’ direction, shocked.

Uh-oh…

“Oh… Y-you’re still awake… hahaha… I-I thought you’re already asleep. Hahaha” Amber faked a laugh.

“Don’t change the topic Amber Liu!” Krystal then stepped out of her bed, glaring at Amber who’s now starting to have cold sweats. The younger girl slowly walked towards the older girl.

Sh*t! Aish… No more escapes Amber… Guess I have no choice. HWAITING!

Amber then looked up Krystal’s eyes, which made the latter stop walking towards her. “I said I love you. I know I shouldn’t have this feeling towards you but I couldn’t help it. At first I thought I just cared for you because I’m your bodyguard… It’s my job to protect you, to look after you, to take care of you… but then I just found myself liking it. Soon I found myself wanting to protect you more than a bodyguard would do, to look after you more than an older sister would do, to take care of you more than a best friend would do. I found myself wanting more of you… And I know it’s wrong… It took me long enough to accept the fact that I’m starting to like you… that you’re starting to change the very reason I returned to Korea… You changed a lot in me in just a short period of time… You just made yourself the most important thing to me.”

After recovering from the shock of Amber’s confession, Krystal slowly walked towards her again…

“Babo…” the younger girl mumbled.

Krystal is now near enough for Amber to notice the tears flowing on her cheeks.

“W-Why are you crying?”

Without warning, Krystal threw her arms around Amber’s neck… hugging her tightly. After a few seconds, Amber finally realized what’s happening and returned the hug, putting her arms around the young girl’s waist as she gently laid her back on the bed.

*sniff sniff*

“Hey… stop crying…” Amber softly said. “I know I’m a fool for loving my own boss… but you don’t have to cry like this. Please don’t cry Princess…”

“You are so stupid Amber!”

“I know… I know…”

Krystal then broke from the hug and put her hands on the bed for support. The older girl then wiped the Jung’s tears with both of her hands.

“You are so stupid and dense…”

“Why am I dense? I know I’m stupid for liking you but…”

“I love you! I feel the same way. And you’re so stupid and dense for not noticing it!” She said as she repeatedly hit Amber’s shoulder.

Amber’s eyes widened with what her Princess said. She then grabbed the younger’s hand that kept on hitting her… “Stop… It kinda hurts now…”

“Ah, so-sorry…”

“It’s okay…” Amber then slowly put the hand she’s holding in front of her lips and kissed it, making the owner of the hand blush.

“It’s getting late my Princess… Let’s sleep so we have energy to go around the city tomorrow.”

“Y-Yeah… but… uhh… my hand.”

“Oh yeah right.” Amber let go of her Princess hand and carefully pulled her beside her as she position herself on the bed. She offered her arm, as the younger’s pillow but instead, Krystal put her head on Amber’s chest. Amber then put her arm around Krystal’s shoulder to hold her while the latter put her arms on the elder’s waist.

“You… are my best friend, my teacher, my bodyguard… the person I love.” Krystal said as she closes her eyes, remembering Amber’s question.

“Thanks…” Amber smiled.

“I’m glad…” Krystal said. “I’m glad to hear the heart of the person I love beat… beating for me.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”


Meanwhile in YulSic’s room…

*sniff sniff… chomp*

“Yah Yoong, I can’t believe you… You’re still that popcorn while crying.” D commented.

“What? Isn’t it romantic and touching?” Yoona answered as she continued eating popcorn. “Unlike when you confessed you nerd!”

“Hahaha! Yoona’s right unnie.” Jessica added.

“Yah!” D tried defending herself but they’re right… Yuri tapped D’s shoulder and said, “Poor doctor… LOL”

“Thanks for laughing at me Yul… you really are a friend.”

“Hahaha! Aigoo my baby…” Yoona said as she hugged the doctor. “Here say ahh…” She said as she put a popcorn in D’s mouth.

*chomp chomp* “This is really nice!”

“Did you forget that you’re the who bought it D?” Yuri reminded.

“Oh yeah I forgot that. Hahaha”

“Hmm… Is it really okay that we actually watched them confess to each other?” Jessica asked them.

“It’s gonna be alright as long as no one would tell them about this.” D answered.

“And besides, D installed the spy cam for security purposes, not to watch their romantic confession to each other.” Yul defended the latter.

“Yeah… we just tried if it’s working and didn’t expect that they’re going to be official tonight.” D added.

“Ahuh… A movie-like scene *sniff* it’s sooooo romantic.” Yoona commented.

“Didn’t expect D unnie? So why in the heck did you have a popcorn when you entered our room while holding your laptop on the other hand saying that we should check out a very interesting ‘movie’?” Sica sarcastically asked.

“Uhh… that’s…” D then checked her watch, “Oh, it’s time for us to sleep, it’s getting late. Let’s go Yoong.” And they just disappeared in YulSic’s room in less than a minute.

“Yah unnie!”

“Too late babe… but I do admire you sister’s instincts.” Yuri said as she put her hands on the older Jung’s shoulder.

“Aish… I can’t believe her.”

“Now that we got our room for ourselves… why don’t we…” Yuri smirked.

“…sleep.” Sica continued what Yuri wanted to say as she took the latter’s hand on her shoulder and walked towards their bed.

“Yeah sleep… what?!” Yuri walked after Sica trying to make things clear that that wasn’t what she wanted to say.

“We… are… going… to… sleep. Got it?”

Yul suddenly stopped in front of the bed when she saw Sica’s glare on her. “Y-yeah… Let’s sleep.”

Yuri then lied down beside the Ice Princess and put their bodies under cover. Sica then snuggled closer to Yuri, and the two hugged each other, feeling each other’s warmth in a the cold winter night.

---------

The next day in Kryber’s room…

Krystal’s POV

I slowly opened my eyes and realized that I used Amber’s chest as my pillow. I stayed there for a while and listened to her heartbeat and her breathing. I snuggled closer to feel her warmth more. She then tightened her hug making me realize that she’s awake.

I looked up for a bit and saw her eyes still closed. I put my head on her chest again and greeted her. “Good morning Amber.”

“Good morning Princess… What time is it?”

“I don’t know…”

“Hm… You just woke up too?”

“Yeah.”

*Ding dong*

“Aish… I wonder who’s outside.” I muttered.

“We won’t know if we won’t get up and check.”

“But I want to stay like this!”

“Aigoo… my Princess is such a spoiled brat.”

“Yah!” I slapped her arm.

“Ouch… I’m just kidding.” She said as she slowly got up from the bed we shared last night.

I heard the door open and voice of my Sica unnie.

“Is Krystal awake already?” She asked. Woah, I can’t believe she’s already awake! Now that I think about it… I checked my phone to see the time and it’s almost lunchtime!

“Yes Ms. Jessica.” I heard Amber answered. “Please come in.”

“Hey sis…” She greeted me.

“Good morning unnie.” She then checked her watch… “Oh, it’s still AM… good morning Soojung.”

I then noticed Amber standing behind my sister, smiling. My sister then raised her eyebrow and looked behind her. Good thing Amber noticed it and opened the newspaper she’s holding pretending that she’s reading it.

“Why don’t you go outside first Amber… Can’t believe you can read a newspaper upside down.” My sister told her causing me to giggle, and Amber to blush because of embarrassment. Aww… She’s so cute.

“Anyway… Soojung, you guys prepare and meet us in the lobby after an hour. We’ll be having lunch downstairs and will proceed with touring around the city after.”

“Got it.”

“Good. Now move your a** out and take a shower. See you in an hour baby Jung.” She said as she left the room.

I got up the bed and walked towards Amber, who’s standing outside the balcony. I carefully opened the door and back hugged her, putting my arms around her waist and resting my chin on her shoulders.

“Aren’t you cold?” I asked her. I then felt hands hold mine intertwining our fingers.

“I WAS… but with you like this… nah.”

“My sister said that we’ll meet after an hour in the lobby.”

“I heard…”

“You heard?!”

“I’m a bodyguard… so expect that my hearing is sharper than a normal person.”

“Hey! You’re…”

“I’m still your bodyguard Princess…” She turned around and cupped my face with her hands.

“But… Aww!” I wasn’t able to continue my sentence since she pinched both of my cheeks. She then dragged me in the room, pushed me in the bathroom and closed the door.

“You go take a shower first Princess.” She yelled from the outside.

Aish… Why in the heck did she do that?

After 45 mins., we’re both ready to go out.

“Hey Amber…” I called her.

“Yep?”

“Have you ever thought of telling them?”

She took a deep breath before answering me. “Yeah.”

“How are we going to tell them? When are we going to tell them?” I asked her again.

She didn’t answer.

“Do you really think we should tell them?” I asked her again.

“Yes… They’re your sisters, and they’ve been good to me too. I don’t want them to feel bad that we didn’t tell them.” She said as she backhugged me this time.

I remembered what my unnies told me before. They have nothing against Amber… They’re only concern is the fact that we’re still young.

“Do you want to tell them later?” I asked her. “We’re going to tell them…” I continued, assuring her that I’ll be by her side.

“I’m just worried Princess. What if they’re against… us?”

“No… they’re understanding and very supportive sisters. I assure you that. Though you might receive some ice cold glares from Sica unnie, and some death threats from D unnie.”

“Thanks for scaring me Krys.”

“Hahaha! Nah… I’m just joking… Whatever they’ll say later, it’s for the good… I believe in them… and you should too.”

--------------

Author’s POV

While the gang is having lunch, Kryber often take glances at each other. It’s now time for dessert when Krystal cleared to get the other’s attention.

“Uhm… Unnies.” All of her unnies’ attentions are now on her. She felt the pressure, and that’s when she felt Amber’s hand holding hers under the table.

“I’ll tell them.” She whispered her.

“Uhm unnies…” Amber started. “I… I mean we have something to tell you.”

“What is it Amber?” D asked.

“Uhm…” Amber took a very deep breath before opening again. “Krystal… and I…” Amber tightened her grip on the younger’s hand before continuing. “W-We’re… t-to… We’retogethernow!”

“What did you say Amber? You said it too fast. Can you please say it again?” Sica unnie asked her.

“T-That…” She kept on stuttering...

“Amber and I are together now.” Krystal cut off Amber and declared it bravely instead.

“Ohh…” They said in unison and went back to eating.

After a few seconds… what Krystal told them started to sink into their minds.

“What did you just say?!” Sica exclaimed.

The younger Jung sighed while her bodyguard’s heartbeat is racing. She then raised her hand that is holding Amber’s. “We’re together now.” She repeated.

“We know.” Yuri suddenly blurted out.

“Y-you knew?” The younger Jung asked.

That is when Yuri suddenly realized what she just said… she slipped. She started to feel goosebumps. She looked at D.

You wanna be cut open Yul? D telekinetically told her.

*gulp*

She then looked at her lover… and her face in Yoona’s eyes is like the face of the main character in the movie ‘The Grudge’ when she slowly look on her side only to see the scariest scene in front of her… and in Yuri’s case… it’s the Ice Princess’ killer glare.

“Tell me what is the meaning of Yuri unnie said Sica unnie.” Krystal asked for explanations.

Yoona just sipped some water avoiding eye contact. The other three then started kicking each other under the table.

“N-Nothing Krys… We just kinda expect that you’ll be together soon. You know… since we already talked about it, remember?” D tried to explain.

“Y-Yeah… D unnie’s right Soojung.” Sica added to convince Krystal that everything’s fine.

“Y-Yeah… We just kinda guessed it… Don’t worry, we didn’t put a spycam in your room and watched as you guys confessed to each other last night. We really didn’t… Hahaha.” Yuri said.








The next thing Amber saw is Yuri getting dragged by the Ice Princess by the ear. Yoona and D on the other hand tried to stop HellSica. After a few moments, she and Krystal followed them to help.

“Jessica stop it… You’re might kill her!” D told her.

“I don’t care! I’ll really kill you Kwon Yuri.”

Yuri’s face? In Yoona’s eyes, it’s like the face of a teddy bear, helpless, almost ripped apart…

“Yah! Unnie! Stop it!” It is now the mini Ice Princess’ miniHellJung mode.

Jessica finally let go of Yuri who’s almost lifelessly lying on the ground. People are now staring at them. D and Amber on the other hand are trying to convince the others that everything’s fine…

Thanks to D’s quick thinking, she was able to contact the rest of the Jung’s undercover guards and tell them to bring a cam, some lighting and out of the blue…

“Okay cut! Good take!”

“Eh? Where did those guys come from? They weren’t here before.” The people around started to ask.

“Anyway, it’s just a shooting… I thought it’s real.” One man on the side said.

“Yeah… but I pity the girl that’s been dragged.” His companion added.

----------

In YulSic’s room…

“Whew… we almost got doomed there.” D said as she sat down the couch. “So you all cooled down now?”

“N-Neh.” Sica answered…

“Yuri, are you still with us?” D asked.

“Y-Yeah…”

“Anyway… sorry for watching you guys last night. We didn’t do it intentionally. I asked our men to install a spycam in each of our room including mine for additional security. It’s our dad’s command Krys, so I can’t say no. We were just checking if everything’s working and fine until we accidentally heard your conversation last night.” D explained.

“And regarding your announcement earlier… you already know our answer, right Krystal?” D continued.

Krystal just nodded.

“We’re fine with it… You know how much we love you and support you. As long as you’re happy, then everything’s fine. Let me just remind you of your age… you’re only 14 while you Amber’s 16. You…uhh… eherm… better control… *coughyourhormonescough*” D said which earned herself a slap on the arm from Yoona.

“Thank you unnies!” Amber said as she do a 90-degree bow.

-------------

It’s like a triple date in Harbin… the three couples are now walking hand in hand checking the snow sculptures. They’re almost done checking the whole Ice and Snow Festival so D suggested that they separate.

“Let’s part here. Everybody have their phones checked.” D commanded them.

“Signal…”

“Check.” They all answered in unison.

“Battery…”

“Check.”

“Okay… Now… wallets?”

“Check.”

“Great. You guys take care of yourselves okay? Enjoy.”

“Yeah!”

“You two maknaes… there will be undercover guards watching you. But don’t mind them. All of us will be watched. Just, don’t think about it too much, okay?”

“Yes unnie.” The young lovers said as they go to their own separate ways to enjoy the remaining of the weekend.

“Hey… Where do you want to go?” Krystal asked her bodyguard.

“To the most beautiful place in the world.”

“Eh? Where is that?”

“Right here beside you…”

“You’re so cheesy!” Krystal then playfully punched Amber’s arm.

“We’ve been taking a lot of pictures since we started walking around. Do you want to have some hot tea or coffee first so we can also rest?”

“Hmm… That’s a good idea.”

Amber then took one of Krystal’s hands, held it and put it in her pocket.

“Are you cold Princess.”

“With you holding my hand like this? Nope.”

The couple walked in a coffee shop nearby and sat inside.

“My real family…” Amber started as she looked outside the window.

*sip*

“were killed… and I was there when they were shot. One shot, one kill…”

Krystal was shocked with Amber’s revelation. She never thought that the person she loves experienced such heartbreaking event. She noticed the tears starting to build up in the corner of Amber’s eyes so she took her hand and gently squeezed it.

“You don’t have to tell me if you’re uncomfortable… and besides I don’t want to see you sad like this. We’re supposed to be enjoying this day. It’s… our first… date, you know.”

“S-Sorry… I just couldn’t help but remember.”

“It’s okay.” Krystal gently squeezed the older girl’s hand once again. “I love you Amber.”

“I love you too Krystal.” Amber said as she smiled to her.

“Hey… You think we should also tell Luna and Sulli?”

“Hm? I’m okay with it… but how are we going to tell them?”

“Uhm… I know!” Krystal then stood up and sat next to Amber. She took out her phone and pushed the camera icon.

“Okay, now smile. In the count of three… 1, 2…”

And just like their minds are connected, on the third count, both of them faced each other and kissed… on the lips. It’s just a peck though, but enough for the two young lovers to feel the electricity in their bodies and caused their hearts to skip a beat.

*Click*

And that’s how they had their first kiss.

In Korea…

“Hm? A message from Krystal?” Luna muttered.

“Really? She texted me too.” Sulli told her.

Yes… the two friends decided to do a little shopping since it’s Saturday. They both opened the message and they were both surprised with what they saw.


From Krystal:


*A pic of her and Amber kissing on the lips…*
It’s official… We’re together now. Kekeke ^_^



O.O

Back to Harbin…

It’s already dark when Kryber went out of the coffee shop. They talked a lot about themselves… and sure exchanged a lot of sweet and cheesy lines.

While walking, the lights suddenly opened one by one, revealing the magnificent life-sized buildings and structures made of ice.




Ice_Snow_World.jpg



“Cool… So cool…” Amber stated, as she was amazed with the beauty of Ice and Snow World… for the second time. She looked to the girl standing beside her and was astounded with the beauty she’s seeing right now. The ice structures illuminated by colored lights, which are reflecting in Krystal’s white skin, her bright shining eyes that have seen it for the first time, Amber thoughtlessly took out the camera and captured the beauty in front of her.

*Click*

“Hey! That’s unfair! I wasn’t looking!” Krystal said as she tried to get the cam Amber’s holding.

“What? You look so amazing there… believe me.”

“Aish… Just give me that and let me see.”

Krystal then tried to reach for it but Amber suddenly pulled her in for a hug.

“A-Amber… There are people around.”

“I don’t care… Look… They aren’t even staring at us… They’re so immersed in their own world so can we just stay like this?”

Soon Krystal returned the hug.



I want want to stop the time and be with you forever, my love
Looking up to the sky, I wish with all my heart
Connecting the sparkling stars one by one
I am longing… for your shadow

I want want to stop the time and be with you forever, my love
I want to hold you, again and again
As I’ve recognized you step by step
I just believed in an eternal love



“This is the happiest day of my life.” Amber confessed.

“Me too.”

They broke from the hug and started walking around again, holding hands, immersed in their own magical world. They didn’t need anything... just each other’s warmth and company is more than enough for them to be the happiest person alive.


Back in Korea

“Hmm… I want you to look for this guy.” A Chinese-looking man commanded one of his people.

“Lee Young Jae?”

“Yes… Tell him I’m generous and can pay him the price he wants.”

“Yes Mr. Wu.”

The guy then walked out of the room.

Wu Taizu then opened a box in front of his office table and picked up an old picture.

“Yi Yun… I can’t wait to meet you soon. You really look like your mother.”

He then picked up another photo… this time of a young lady on her 20s.

“If only you made the right choice Feng Lan.”