Chapter 19

The Bodyguard's Krystal

 

Chapter 19

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Hm? Did I just fall asleep? The last thing I can remember was that I was watching the sunset with Amber and tried to rest my eyes for a bit. I still haven’t opened my eyes yet, and I know it’s supposed to be cold right now, but then why do I feel warm? It’s not that I don’t have some thick clothes on and a jacket but… hmm… now that I think of it… I can’t remember that I had a pillow with me. This one that I’m leaning to right now is also a bit hard… and…

 

…omo!

 

I suddenly opened my eyes, sit up straight, and looked at my right.

 

“Oh you’re awake…”

 

“A-Amber? S-Sorry if I fell asleep on your shoulder. I-I was just so tired from…”

 

“It’s okay Princess. I understand. Besides, it is I who dragged you around the area the whole afternoon.”

 

Aww… But it’s still a bit… embarrassing. Aish!

 

“O-Okay…”

 

I then noticed something peculiar…

 

I looked at my left shoulder and…

 

“Uhm… Oh yeah, I’m worried that you might be cold so uhhh…” Amber said after immediately pulling out her arm that WAS wrapped around my shoulders. We then both looked on opposite directions to avoid eye contact.

 

“Oh yeah, where’s Vic unnie and Khun oppa?” I asked her.

 

“They won’t be able to meet with us.”

 

“Eh?! But why?”

 

“Unnie said that they found a really nice bar somewhere in the area, and decided to stay there for a while. She told us to return to the hotel and just have dinner there.”

 

“Aww… But how are we going to go back to the hotel?”

 

“Eh? By riding a cab?”

 

“Uhm… nah, I got a better idea.”

 

“Hm? What is it Princess?”

 

I first checked my wallet and asked Amber, “Do you still have some money with you?”

 

She checked her wallet too and nodded.

 

I grabbed her hand and stood up.

 

“Uhh… Where are we going Princess?”

 

“Aish! Will you stand up first?”

 

After standing up, “Now where do you plan to go?”

 

“Let’s eat dinner first and then…”

 

“Don’t tell me you’re planning to…”

 

Hmm… let’s see if you read my mind Amber.

 

“… go shopping?”

 

“Bwahahaha! Of course! Now, let’s go… I’m hungry.” I said as I dragged her out of Opera Garden to the first restaurant that I saw.

 

“Wait Princess!”

 

“What?”

 

“I’ll take the lead. You don’t the place much, and walk close to me.”

 

“Aish… Why?”

 

“I’m still your bodyguard, remember? I have to keep you safe no matter what.”

 

She then pulled me closer to her and started to walk in a slower pace. I can feel her tighten her grip on my hand too, but instead of getting annoyed by it, I actually like it. I just wish that she’s doing this not because she’s my bodyguard but because she… uhh… is my friend?

 

“We’re here.” She said as she pulled out her hand from mine and opened the door for me.

 

*End of Krystal’s POV*

 

 

It sure is still awkward for Krystal and Amber tonight. They’re having dinner alone. After having their meal, Amber was about to call a cab when suddenly Krystal suggested for them to just walk around on the side streets to Plaza Mayor. Amber was against it at first but couldn’t disobey her the Princess.

 

Walking on the side streets made Amber uneasy and kept on looking around, being aware of the surrounding. For the first few minutes, she tried her best not to hold Krystal’s hand by putting her hands in her pocket. But while trying to cross the street, a fast car passed by causing Amber to grab Krystal’s elbow and pulled her closer, to the point where the younger girl’s head was on her chest while her hands were on Amber’s shoulders, while Amber’s arm was wrapped around Krystal’s waist shouting “Hey! Are you trying to kill us?” to the car, which can no longer be seen. Realizing how awkward their position was, Amber looked down on Krystal while the latter looked up, causing they’re eyes to meet. Everything around them seemed to halt while they looked into each other’s eyes, as if they’re talking through them. Unconsciously, both of them leaned in closer…

 

And closer…

 

And closer…

 

Until the distance between they’re faces are just few inches away.

 

*lub dub*

 

 

 

*lub dub*

 

 

 

*lub dub*

 

 

 

 

 

Amber suddenly snapped back to reality and pulled her face away from the girl in front of her. Krystal, on the other hand, pulled away from the older girl after and walked to her side. Both of them knew they’re blushing but still tried to hide it from one another.

 

Noticing that it’s now time for them cross the street once again, Amber looked on her left and right side first before leading the way, holding Krystal’s hand.

 

That was close Amber! What in the heck has gotten into your mind?!Amber thought to herself while crossing the street. And I guess holding her hand can’t be helped. I’m more assured that she’s safe if I hold her hand like this and lead the way.

 

That was close Krystal! Aish! This is embarrassing! Did she see my tomato red face? Argh…Krystal thought while crossing the street with Amber. Somehow, I feel more secured when she’s holding my hand like this.

 

From the minors who were left alone in Madrid, let us now turn our focus on the older Ice Princess and her ‘Prince’.

 

“Ugh! Bed I missed you!!!” Yuri exclaimed as she plopped on the bed in their hotel room. The two lovers just returned from their shopping and tour around Chueca.

 

“Did you really miss that bed so badly? Why don’t you kiss it then? Who knows it might kiss you back.” Jessica, who now has her arms crossed and brow raised, said to the veeery tired girl lying on the bed.

 

Upon hearing her girlfriend’s words, Yuri immediately stood up and hugged the blonde girl.

 

“Aigoo… Getting jealous over a bed? You’re so cute baby.”

 

“Aish… This girl really.” Jessica said as she pushed Yuri away and slapped her on the arm. She then walked towards the balcony and looked at the beautiful Madrid at night.

 

Yuri then walked towards the Jung and hugged her from the back, wrapping her arms around the Sica’s waist. She then smelt the blonde’s hair before resting her chin on Jessica’s shoulder.

 

“I wish we can stay like this forever.” Yuri uttered.

 

As a response, Jessica grabbed Yuri’s hands and intertwined her hands with the latter’s.

 

“I love you.” Yuri softly whispered on the Jung’s ears, which caused the latter to turn around and face the brunette.

 

“I love you, too.”

 

The two looked at each other’s eyes for a few moments. Yuri then put her hand on Jessica’s waist, pulling her closer until they closed the gap between them. The two of them shared a sweet, soft and gentle kiss, which later turned into a long passionate one. Jessica then put her arms around Yuri’s neck. The two only pulled they lips apart to gasp some air.

 

“It’s cold here outside. Let’s get in the room Princess, and make ourselves warm.” Yuri invited Jessica.

 

Whatever happened after they got in their room is all up to your imagination. Whatever they did inside, I assure you one thing… they were able to keep themselves warm.

 

-------------

 

Back at the hotel…

 

Amber’s POV

 

*yawn* “What a tiring day!” I exclaimed as Krystal and I went in the elevator.

 

“Yeah… It sure is, but I had a lot of fun today.” Krystal said as she pushed the button of her floor.

 

“Woah! We’re staying on the same floor.”

 

“Really? Which room are you? Mine’s 1104.” She asked.

 

My eyes widened when I heard her room number.

 

“Your room is just right next to mine. I’m in 1105.”

 

“Hahaha! Cool… I think this is what they call destiny.”

 

“W-What did you say Princess?”

 

“Hm? What? Oh… nah… never mind.”

 

Hmm… I’m sure I heard her say it’s destiny. Tsk. I chuckled a bit just by realizing how cute it is for her to actually think about it.

 

*Ding*

 

After seeing her go inside her room, I stepped away a bit until she opened her door.

 

“Amber wait!” She called me.

 

I turned around and face her. “Yes Princess?”

 

“Uhm… Good night.”

 

“Good night too Princess.” I replied her as I give out my best smile.

 

*Bam!*

 

Eh? What’s wrong with her suddenly banging the door like that?

 

 

Krystal’s POV

 

“Uhm… Good night.” I said to Amber.

 

“Good night too Princess.” She replied as she flashed a very bright smile, too bright that I felt a rush of blood in my face. To hide my now tomato red face, I shut the door immediately and leaned my back against it.

 

That smile… It’s the first time I’ve seen that smile. Darn it, my heart keeps on pounding harder. Now that I think of it, I should’ve taken a pic of that smile of hers earlier. I might not be able to see it again. *sigh* You’re so slow Krys!

 

*Beep*

 

I got three messages on my phone. The first one is from my dad, who asked how my day was. After replying to him, I read the second message from Sica unnie saying that Yuri unnie’s also here and that she’s going to stay in her place tonight. The third one is from Amber, which is…

 

Omo…

 

It’s a picture of her with that exact same smile that I saw a few minutes ago.

 

“Sleep tight Princess Krystal. I hope you enjoyed your day with me. Good night.”

Gosh! I feel like fainting just by seeing this picture. Hmm… Shall I send her a photo of mine too?

 

*smile, click!*

 

“Go have some rest now Amber. Thanks for today. I really enjoyed it.”

 

Yay! Sent!

 

 

A few minutes later I received a reply from Amber.

 

“Cute… ^^ You’re welcome Princess.”

 

*End of Krystal’s POV*

 

 

The next morning…

 

The Jungs except Jessica, and the Songs along with Amber and Nickhun ate breakfast in a restaurant near the hotel they’re staying at again. Discussions regarding the tour yesterday were made. Everyone seemed to be so comfortable while eating and talking about anything that came into their mind.

 

Meanwhile, the lovers in Chueca just woke up. The younger girl woke up first, and upon noticing her loved one who’s still sleeping beside her, she shifted her body so that she’s facing her. She smiled while staring at the other girl’s peaceful face, memorizing every details of it, as if it was the most beautiful artwork God has ever made. She loves how her hair falls perfectly on her face, the way her lips were curved, her nose, her eyes… she loved every single bit of her. She adores her. And she knows very well that this girl right next to her is the most important thing to her.

 

“I love you Jung Sooyeon.” She mumbled as she tucked some strands of the girl’s hair on her ears, and planted a light kiss on her forehead. And just like a magician uttering the magic words and swaying his wand, the older girl slowly opened her eyes. She smiled as she catches sight of Yuri smiling at her.

 

“Good morning my Princess.” Yuri greeted her.

 

“Good morning my ‘Prince’. How long have you been staring at me like that?”

 

“I dunno. I lost track of time… because it seemed like time stopped for a bit while I watch you sleep.”

 

The blonde girl blushed and smiled upon hearing those sweet words. She moved closer to the younger girl and nestled her head against her shoulder. The younger girl caressed the older girl’s hair in return and kissed her forehead down to her nose, and gave a peck on her lips.

 

The two lovers stayed like that in the bed for who knows how long, savoring every moment, every kiss, every hug, and every touch.

 

Evening came and it’s finally time for all of them to go back to their normal lives, normal routines. Amber, Yuri, Jessica and Krystal boarded the plane back to Seoul. Nickhun and Victoria, on the other hand, will be spending New Year in the former’s hometown in Thailand. Mr. Jung rode the plane back to New York, and Mr. Song went back to China.

 

Sure the plane ride back to Seoul was long, but for Yulsic, it’s another opportunity to sit back, relax, and talk about random things, for they know that as soon as they step out of the plane, Jessica will have to go back to studying how to manage their company.

 

The two friends on the other hand were awkward at each other at first because they’ll be sitting right next to each other for the whole ride. But with just some little talks about their journey in Spain, looking at the pictures they’ve taken, the awkwardness disappeared. And being a Jung that they are, them falling asleep isn’t something surprising anymore. Amber and Yuri served as human pillow of Krystal and Jessica respectively.

 

By the time they stepped out of the plane, let’s just say that Yulsic’s relationship took one step higher to the next level, while the friends became closer.

 

The four spent the New Year together in the Jung mansion with D, Yoona, Jaejoong, Luigi, Ard, the school nurse with his wife and children, and the rest of the maids and butlers working with the Jungs.