Chapter 31

The Bodyguard's Krystal

 

Chapter 31

 

“… because she’s my daughter.”

 

“What?!” I suddenly stood up from my seat, but since I’m still weak, I sat back again.

 

“W-What do you mean?” I asked him again. “You are my Uncle, how did I become yours? I know you’re just telling me so I’ll go with you right?”

 

“Of course you’ll go with me…”

 

“Why do you think will I go with the person who’s behind my parents’ death?”

 

“Your parents’ death? Me? C’mon Yiyun, you really think I’ll kill your parents? Do you really think I’ll kill my brother?” He then smirked. “Well, I hate my brother, but if I’m going to kill him, I’ll really kill him, not your mother.”

 

“My mother?”

 

“Your mother… I am the one whom your mother really loved, not your father!”

 

“No… You’re crazy! My mom loves my dad very much!” He laughed at me. His eyes… it’s full of darkness… He’s out of his mind…

 

“Hahaha!!! If your mom really loves your dad, then why did she sleep with me when they’re already married?!”

 

“Wu, calm down!” Secretary Wang held him.

 

“No! Let Yiyun know the whole truth!”

 

“You’re lying!”

 

“No I’m not! I thought you’re smart Yiyun. Don’t tell me that Soojung blinded you? I thought you’re investigating your parents’ death? Why don’t you ask the Jungs themselves?”

 

“The Jungs?” I turned my head to D unnie who’s also shocked with the sudden revelations.

 

“What does he mean unnie?”

 

“Huh, now the doctor can’t speak.” Wu said.

 

“ANSWER ME UNNIE!”

 

“Let me answer for you Yiyun. The day your parents died, was also the day Jung Kyeong Bae, Joseph Jung’s secretary, bodyguard, and bestfriend died. The Lius and the Jungs are supposed to sign a contract of partnership because Joseph Jung wanted to expand his small business that time.

 

“You see, Joseph has a motive… a reason to kill your parents because he thought that your father attempted to kill him, but killed his bestfriend instead.”

 

“LIES!” D unnie yelled.

 

“Have you ever wondered why Han Song adopted you? Isn’t it weird that he adopted you out of the blue?”

 

“He did it because I saved Victoria unnie when she got lost and…”

 

“And so what? He could just treat you as one of his men. From what I can see from it… I think Jung’s conscience might told him that he should at least help you without you knowing it because he discovered that you survived and pitied you.”

 

“N-No… Those are lies… D unnie, tell me he’s lying.” I turned my gaze to her and all I saw from her eyes are guilt.

 

“Listen Amber… I admit that Mr. Song and Dad knows you… but…”

 

“What?!”

 

“Let me finish first…”

 

“Hahaha! Just as I thought!” My uncle cut her. “Don’t you know that these people are also looking out for you without you knowing it? When we tried to get you, my men were surprised that there were also some people who attacked them and tried to save you.”

 

“Don’t listen to him!”

 

“ENOUGH!!! ENOUGH OF ALL THIS SH*T!!!”

 

My head… I’m so confused… My feet… My knees… They can stand up right now right? I can run now right?

 

“A-Amber, trust me… Listen to me…” D unnie pleaded.

 

“HOW CAN I TRUST YOU WHEN ALL THIS TIME I’VE BEEN LIVING IN A LIE! MY WHOLE LIFE IS NOTHING BUT A LIE!!! LEAVE!!!” And there it is… I finally lost myself. Everything out…

 

“A-Amber… Listen to me first…”

 

“DIDN’T YOU HEAR ME!? LEAVE ME ALONE!!!”

 

“Amber, please…” It’s Jaejoong hyung who’s pleading now.

 

“I TRUSTED YOU HYUNG! I TREATED YOU AS MY OLDER BROTHER BUT YOU BETRAYED ME! YOU LIED TO ME! ALL OF YOU LIED TO ME!!!”

 

“Amber!!! We might have lied to you, but there’s a reason why we did it. Fine you may hate all of us but spare Krystal here! She doesn’t know anything!” Yuri unnie told me.

 

Krystal?

 

Princess…

 

Her smiles…

 

Argh! My head hurts…

 

“Yiyun run!!! Save yourself!!!”I saw my mother’s face once again…

 

Mom…

 

Dad…

 

“M! Run! Save yourself. Just leave… don’t worry about me!”Lisa unnie…

 

“ARGH!!!”

 

“Amber!!! Don’t lose yourself!” D unnie yelled as she tried to approach me.

 

“Don’t touch me!!! Stay away from me!!!”

 

“Amber…”

 

End of Amber’s POV

 

 

Amber’s starting to lose herself. She stood up from her seat, holding her aching head. She can’t take it anymore. Everything’s just coming all at once.

 

She’s so bewildered with all of the things that have been revealed to her.

 

She’s so confused she didn’t know what else to do but to run.

 

She took small steps, until those steps became bigger and faster.

 

She ran and ran not knowing where to go.

 

 

 

 

 

“AMBEEEERRRRRRRR!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SCREEEEEEEEEEECH

 

 

 

*BLAG!*

 

------------------

 

“AMBER!” The sleeping girl shouted as she suddenly woke up from what seemed to be a nightmare.

 

“Soojung-ah… Are you okay?”

 

“U-unnie… Amber…”

 

“D unnie and the others already left to rescue her. Don’t worry Soojung-ah, everything will be fine.”

 

“Unnie… I… I don’t feel good. There’s something wrong… I’m sure something happened to her.”

 

“Don’t think too much Soojung-ah… Here, have some water.”

 

Amber… Where are you? Please… Come back as soon as possible.” Krystal told to herself, hoping that somehow Amber will hear her.

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK-The flashback Wu didn’t tell

 

It was already late at night but Feng Lan is still awake in their house. Tian Lang and her have just got married a month ago, but being the CEO of their company, especially now that he just got the position, he became very busy right after their honeymoon.

 

Feng Lan was already lying on their bed when her phone rang.

 

“Hello? Feng Lan?”

 

“Hon? Where are you? I’m already sleepy.”

 

“Sorry Hon, I’m still finishing these documents. Don’t wait for me okay? Just sleep tight and dream of me. Tomorrow morning, I’ll be beside you.”

 

“Okay.”

 

A few minutes after their conversation, all lights went out in the neighborhood. One of the maids told her that there are just some power problems and that they’ll try to fix it as soon as possible.

 

She’s too sleepy to even worry about it so she just closed her eyes. A few moments later, she heard someone coming in the room.

 

“Tian Lang?”

 

“It’s me.”

 

“But you just told me you’re gonna be late.”

 

“I just want to surprise you, but the lights went off.”

 

“Aww… You’re so sweet.”

 

“Hon?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“You see it’s too dark in here, it’s late at night, and the people downstairs are busy…”

 

The woman then felt her husband cupped her cheeks, followed by a very passionate kiss.

 

She felt that somehow, there’s something different with the way her husband touches and kisses her. She thought very carefully and remembered that that’s how Cao used to touch and kiss her. She shrugged the idea though because first of all, the last time she heard about him, he’s oversees. Second, the two of them finally talked and he finally let her go and be happy with her current husband.

 

After they made love, she immediately fell asleep.

 

When she woke up, she’s a bit surprised that she’s already dressed. She couldn’t remember if she dressed up after she and her husband made love last night, but she’s too sleepy that time so she thought maybe she dressed up and she just couldn’t remember it. She’s happy to see though that her husband is sleeping soundly beside her.

 

When they finally went downstairs to eat breakfast, they were greeted by her brother-in-law.

 

“Cao? When did you arrive?” Her husband asked.

 

“Last night...”

 

“L-Last night?” Feng Lan asked.

 

The whole breakfast, the woman was uneasy. She knew there’s something wrong. Mengde’s meaningful stares added to her anxiousness too.

 

After her husband left, Cao approached her in their house’s mini-library.

 

“You still enjoy my touch.”

 

“W-What do you mean?” She nervously asked him.

 

“Last night… I’m sure you knew it wasn’t Tian Lang because you aren’t enjoying it at the start.”

 

“What?! I-It’s…”

 

“Of course it’s me. Your husband arrived at around 2am and you’re already fast asleep. Didn’t you miss me?”

 

 

 

 

 

*SLAP*

 

“HOW DARE YOU?! Y-YOU…”

 

“Listen Feng Lan! I tried to forget you but I can’t! I still love you!” He said as he locked her in his embrace.

 

“Let me go!!! Don’t touch me! You’re disgusting!” She said as she tried to break from the hug. Tears already start falling from her eyes, she felt sick with herself knowing that she just slept with another man.

 

“I DON’T CARE!!! YOU’RE MINE FENG LAN! YOU’VE ALWAYS BEEN MINE!”

 

“YOU’RE CRAZY!!!” She finally was able to escape from the man’s hug. “HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I DON’T LOVE YOU ANYMORE! WE’RE DONE MENGDE!!!”

 

“NO!”

 

“Accept it, please…” She got down on her knees, crying, feeling all weak, and disgusted with herself.

 

Her tears somehow made Mengde come from his senses.

 

“F-Feng Lan… I…”

 

“Please, I’m begging you… Don’t ever tell anyone about this. I’m begging you Mengde…”

 

“N-no…”

 

“Please… If you do, I’ll forgive you… not now… but I’m asking you… if you really love me. Please Mengde, let me go and forget whatever happened last night.”

 

“Fine, nothing happened.” With that, Mengde left the room, and so was his brother’s house.

 

Feng Lan never saw him again until the news broke out that she gave birth to Yiyun.

 

“She’s mine, isn’t she?”

 

“Yiyun is Tian Lang’s, Cao. I thought we’ve already talked about this? You promised me that we’re going to forget about that night.”

 

“Yes, I promised. But she’s mine, isn’t she? I counted the number of months, and it’s…”

 

“Mengde! I’m saying the truth. Yiyun is Tian Lang’s flesh and blood.”

 

“Why are you doing this to me Feng Lan? You know how much I love you.”

 

“Cao, please… leave my family alone.”

 

“First my birthright… second, you… even my child, he’ll take away from me?”

 

“Cao Cao…”

 

“No… Fine. Be happy… But remember this Feng Lan… I will take back everything that’s supposed to be mine.”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

=======================

 

 

So did anyone expect the sudden twists? The first time I actually thought of this story is that... I'll make this a puzzle story. I put some of the clues in some of the chapters and they're like the puzzle pieces. Now that it's ending soon, it's time to reveal more and start to connect them one by one.

 

If you want to check the other details again in case you forgot, you can scan the past chapters especially the flashbacks.

 

Honestly, there came a time when I was having a problem to make my own problem and finding a way to solve it. But it's exciting isn't it? Well, I hope you find it exciting. Hahaha.