Chapter ~29

Slowly Falling in Love {Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona looked into his brown eyes realizing his words," Love?"

"Ever since you came into my world, my heart opened up just for you. "

"Nichkhun , I don't know what to say. ", Yoona said looking at  her shoes.

"Tell me. ", Nichkhun said lifting her chin up.

Yoona looked into his brown eyes and sighed quietly to herself,"Should I just say yes? Even if my heart is breaking? "

She sighed as she felt her heart really breaking before her. "I-I don't really know what to say. "

Nichkhun grasped her face and smiled," Just -just keep it in your mind. "

He kissed her on the forehead. Yoona looked up to meet his eyes and walked away. Nichkhun blinked and she was gone before his eyes. He didn't look to see where she was but he stood there with his hands in his pockets.

Yoona walked in the starry night with tears filling up her eyes. "I never knew it would be like this.", she said aloud.
"Why does it hurt so much than I expected?"

"What hurts? Maybe I can fix it. ", A voice said behind her.

She stopped and looked behind her out of curiousity. "Donghae? What are you doing here?"

"Just walking. Admiring the view. ", Donghae smiling at Yoona.

Yoona was his view but she didn't know that. She looked at the Stars smiling at it. "I guess you are right."

"Yeah. ", He said catching up to her.

"I'm glad you are here.", she said sighing awfully loud.

Donghae patted her head," Really?"

"Really. ", She said not looking at him since she was still in shock what had happened moments ago.

"I'm glad you're here with me,too. ", He said smiling. He stuck his arm out. Yoona looked at it like it was an weird object.

"What?", she said smiling back.

"Take it. Lean on me. I need you too. ", He said grinning half-heartedly.

Yoona laughed quietly to herself," Alright. I will hold onto you if you hold onto me. " She grabbed his arm and then leaning her head on his arm.  They walked along the quiet night on the sidewalk to her house.

(Yoona POV)

I like him, right? All those feelings bottled up for one reason: Hara. I don't want to hurt anyone. He is my masquerade prince, right?  But doesn't he know I'm his princess? Everything makes since: The kiss, his eyes, even his interests. All the same. Even his story.  But should I check for sure?

I looked up," Remember when you told me about your first meeting with Hara? What did she say?"

"She worked as a fashion designer, loved cheap presents, loved to eat and letters. Why?"

"No, I was...just wondering. ", I said quietly after solving the problem. So it was him. Why doesn't he know?

"It's the past. ", Donghae said sighing deeply like i did before.

"Huh?", I said tuning in.

"I broke up with her. ", he said looking up into nothingness.

"Oh. Why?", I  said part of me happy that they were no longer together and part of me unsatisfied but I didn't know why. Perhaps that it didn't seem that Hara's love story didn't quite work out well.

"We don't connect or we aren't always together. ... like us.", Donghae said his gaze affixed on me.

"Nichkhun told me he's in love with me. ", I blurted out to hide my awkwardness but that made things more awkward.

Donghae's eyes widen for a second and then he looked down,"Really?"

I opened my mouth to say something. I couldn't as if all of my oxygen was cut off. I did want him to tell me to come to him and tell me that he found his princess before he became too late.

"That's-- that's great. Aren't you going to answer him?", He asked me smiling.

He's happy? This doesn't make sense.

"That's all you want to say?", I said letting go of him.

"What more is there to say?", He said confused of what i really meant.

"I mean is that all?", I said feeling tears swell in my eyes.
I looked away trying to blink them away and hold them in.

"Congrats. Is that what you want?", Donghae said not even looking at me.

I was ready to cry and lucky we were in front of my house. I sighed quietly," No. ". I walked away to my house.

(Donghae POV)


I watched as she said something to herself and left without turning back. She entered her house and my heart was empty once again.

"I can't believe it. ", I said tucking my hands in my pockets.

"Nichkhun told me he's in love with me!",flashback in my mind. The way she said it. Wasn't she excited?

"Is that all?", She said softly. "Congrats.",I said heartbroken.

All those flashbacks will forever remain in my mind for now.


"I'm such an idiot. And to think I was gonna... maybe it isn't too late. ", I said looking back at her house and her bedroom window lit up.

"Yoona. Don't say yes to him. "


(Author POV)

"Is it okay to stay with you for a few days?", She asked her mother.

"Really? i will come tomorrow morning. ", She said smiling bright as ever.

She hung up the phone clutching it to her chest," Finally to win back your heart. I'll do anything just love me too. "

Jessica put the phone away smiling as she went into her bedroom laying on her bed. She closed her eyes tightly.

The next morning, Yoona sat in her room trying to not sulk in her tears. She went into work for her vintage like dress she imagined. She glanced at her fabrics all of white lace and white fabrics. She heaved a big breath," This can't do. I need something different. "

Yoona looked at her clock and ran out the door to Taeyeon's door. "Taeyeon. Do me a favor. "

Taeyeon woke up clueless,"What do you want?"

"Buy me my fabrics. ", Yoona grabbed a notepad and pen writing down the fabrics she needed.

"Can't it wait?", Taeyeon said falling back into sleep.

"Hey. I will help you. ", Yuri said already dressed up. She grabbed the note and hurried out to her car.

Yoona went back to her room closing the door sitting on her desk sketching out her idea.

Donghae scratched his head as he walked slowly to Yoona's house to Just talk. He saw Yuri park quickly in front of a fabric store and followed her there.

"What is Yuri doing? She doesn't deal with Fabrics. ", He said watching her struggle over the variety of colors and patch.

He entered the store following Yuri with curiousity.

"Ugh. Why didn't Yoona clarify it more? This is hard. She might be mad if i buy the wrong ones. ", She held up a yellow laced up fabric. "This represents vintage, right? I'll just call her. "., She crinkled the note yoona wrote and pulled out her phone.

"I'll do it. ", Donghae said popping out of nowhere and taking the crumbled note.

Yuri closed her phone," Where did you...? You know Yoona's fashion sense. Why don't you pick it out and give it to her?"


"Uh..I--", He said scratching his head imagining the awkwardness.

"I'm running late to my job. Just give it to her, okay?", She said smiling and leaving at the same time.

Donghae sighed to himself," Why do i always do this?" He unwrinkled the note and looked for the perfect fabric for Yoona.

Jessica breathed the fresh air in her new room moving in her mother's house. She set down her lamp plugging it as well. She set up pictures around her room. She set the last one on her nightstand. It was three of them: Yoona, Donghae, and Herself.

Jessica smiled," It's different now than back then. But I love you more than ever Donghae. And even though i miss you Yoona, I can't let you have him. "

She grabbed her keys and left the house trying to find her first love that never received any attention.

Yoona woke up to a sound of a doorbell. She woke up rubbing her eyes and her paper she sketched stuck to her face. She pulled it off her face and proceeded to the front door.

She opened it," Yuri, did you have any trou--... Donghae?"

Her eyebrow raised up in surprise seeing him holding a bag for her.

"Come in. ", Yoona said leading him to her sewing room.

Donghae followed her awkwardly admiring her house again. He sat down on a chair as soon as he entered her room. "Uhm, Yuri had to go to work and she asked me to help you. "

Yoona nodded as she looked at the bag he held in his hands.

"I'm sorry. ", He said giving her the bag.

"It's okay and thanks. ", She said slowly as she grabbed the bag.

She looked inside," Floral? Yellow? "

"Of course. In your vintage with a modern twist with a simpleness to it, right?", Donghae said standing up.

"You get me.", She said smiling as she went to grab a piece of paper. "But he doesn't", She said to herself.

"I sketched this. ", Yoona said looking at it.

Donghae came to her Leaning close to her so he could see her sketch. Their arms touched and Yoona looked up at him out of discomfort. She didn't show it though since part of her actually liked it.

"That's you. ", He said realizing how close he was.

Yoona cleared ," Wanna help? Just with the basics?"

Donghae nodded slightly," I get to sew it this time. "

"Alright.", Yoona smiled.

They worked together in the quiet yet comfortable workspace. Yoona cut the fabric and Donghae sew it together. They measured it and looked at it after getting the basic idea of the dress.

The dress was a white floral with big straps around the shoulders and a small string around the waist.

"i see the simplicity of it now 
But this dress Doesn't scream i want it. ", Donghae said biting his lip.

"I know what you mean. Maybe if we make it more modern by making the dress into above the knee-length and make it strapless?", Yoona suggested as tilting her head.

"And loose the string and make a bow belt with the same fabric. ", Donghae said already to work.

"Okay, Let's do this. ", Yoona grabbed the dress and cut the straps off  and measured the dress to cut the length modern people would wear. Then, she put the dress on the mannequin.

Donghae grabbed the fabric yoona cut off of the dress and Made some measurements and wrapped it around the waist of the mannequin and finally stitching it into place.

Yoona stood back looking at the final product. "Thanks. It's perfect. "

Donghae smiled with pleasure as he nodded his head.

"Listen, I have the semi finals to get through today. And then i just need to get through it. Why don't we meet later after  or something?", Yoona said smiling bright.

"Yeah, that can work out."

"I have to drop this off at Sophie's."she said taking the dress off the mannequin. She put the dress into a clothing bag.

"I guess I will see you tonight, then?", Donghae guessed.

Yoona nodded as they both exit the front door parting their own ways.

He watched her go with his own self frustration on why he just could've told her something more. Something about the feelings he had.

He walked away finally and then suddenly a car stopped at the sidewalk where he was.

He stood back as the door opened revealing Jessica. He was flustered but also angered that she had come back.

"What are you doing?", He said.

"To see you. I missed you. ", She came up to him.

"Yeah. I missed you too. "

Jessica stopped and looked at him. Those were the kind of words she wanted to hear but ...

"As friends. ", He added.

"Of course. ", She said forcefully laughing.

"Listen, What are you up to?", He said suspicious of her sudden return to the city.

"Nothing. I just really missed you. ", She said smiling.

Donghae sighed as he walked away hearing her excuses why she came.

Jessica's face fell as she saw the man she loved walk away from her. She ran up to him back hugging holding on tightly.

"I missed you. Can't you hear me?", She said almost to tears but she was smiling.

"Jessica. I hear you but it's not coming through my heart. ", He said coldly.

"I missed us. Please. Can't we...", She said holding her arms tighter.

"Stop. ", He grabbed her arms pulling them off of him.

"Stop. Like i said, it's not coming through. ", He said before walking away once again.

"what happened?", Jessica said going back to her car.

----

Hara exited her house taking out the clothing she finished for the competition for tonight. Her eyes were puffy and red. She thought she wasn't going to cry but she sat around and that's all she did. Regretting and hurting.

She got into her car and drove to Sophie's. She drove by Donghae as she noticed a familiar blond headed girl. She couldn't put her finger on it but she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter