Chapter ~28

Slowly Falling in Love {Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Yoona eyes dropped as she closed the box clutching in her hands. She was to the point of crying but no tears came. She sighed in despair as she tried to juggle the idea of Donghae proposing Hara.

Just then, the door opened and she quickly hid the box behind her. Nichkhun stuck his head inside the room," Hey do you need a ride?"

Yoona forcefully smiled," I don--" she dropped eyes for a second feeling the box in her hands behind. "Wait, yeah i need a ride. "

"I'll be out here. ", Nichkhun said flashing a smile. He excused himself as he shut the door softly.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a bit. ", Yoona yelled out just enough for him to hear. She turned around and held out the box on the palm of her hand. She took the box opening it again admiring the diamonds and closing it imagining what could've been.

"Things would've been different...", she sighed not knowing if it was her regretting that she was the one who broke up with him. To her, her heart is only to one person and he had to understand that. He couldn't with his situation.


She walked up to the table slowly setting down the box.
She grabbed her design clothes and turned back to look at the ring box before eventually leaving the place.

She opened the door to an arms folding Nichkhun. "Ready to go.", she gave him a friendly chuckle.

Nichkhun had a cheerful expression on his face as he led the way to his car.


(Hara POV)

I can't control myself sometimes. It's just when I saw them together, my body shivered up with pins and needles full of both jealousy and disappointment. I didn't know whether to cry right there or turn out angry and end up hating him. So i chose the alternative: to run. What am i supposed to do?

Their faces were so close and i didn't want them to end up doing something that i wouldn't like. So i ran.I ran out the building. I didn't mean to ruin their lovefest but Leeteuk was right. They are so close because they used to be lovers. I looked behind me and saw no one come behind me but i kept on running.

See? He even stayed a bit. BoyFriends don't do that to their girlfriend  If he was my boyfriend, he would've ran the minute he saw me running. I could see the look in his eyes change when he looked at her still in my mind.

I have to grasp him in my little fingers even though i know I am losing. I can't be losing to this little girl. What's so great about her?

I stopped running from exhaustion but I want to keep running. I don't have any strength left so I start walking along the sidewalk. I look up at the blue sky with a few clouds. I sighed breathing through my mouth. I notice something wet stream down my cheek and then drop on the floor. I pulled my hands out trying to feel any water. No rain. What's wet dripping on me? I wipe the water off my face and that's when i notice that It was my tears.

Then i hear a familiar voice yelling my voice from afar. It must be Donghae or my imaginary voice screaming to get a grip on reality. I chose the first one. I turned around to Donghae running straight toward me.

I quickly turn around wiping
the tears forming and the ones the fell on my face. Donghae came and breathe heavily," Hara. It's not what you thought it was. "

I forcefully smiled as i turned around," I know. I was just didn't know you had a close relationship with her. "

Donghae looked deeply in my eyes," Do you know something ? You wouldn't accept this without a reward with me in it. "

I scoffed," You are everything to me. " I avoided his question. If i were to answer that, he would've came up a lie. It's just best for him to tell me so i can hear his explanation.

He put his hands in his pockets as he stood beside me," Congratulations. "

I looked at him to see if it was sincere," Thanks. " I pulled my eyes from him. The look in his did really change. When he looks at her, It's like almost like he loves her. When he looks at me, all there is blank friendliness. Like his heart isn't in it. I will change it. I want him to look at me like the way he looks at her.

I won't cry anymore. I won't be the old me. I started to walk towards nowhere yet he followed me. He pulled me back," Don't cry. "

I stiffled a smile and pulled his hands off of me. I turned around tilting me," I won't. I'm bulletproof. If I ever did cry, It was for me. I am bulletproof. "

He nodded understanding me and left me alone.  I felt safe when he walked with me. I used to think Love was a game just a crush was a bit extreme for me to get passed when i liked Nichkhun. Ever since i met Donghae, my life changed. I really think i felt love.

We ended up at the front of my house. I turned around remembering a tiny detail i didn't look," You didn't say it back. "

He stood still and stared at me. There was uncomfortably silence and he dropped his eyes," It's tha---"

"Tomorrow. ", I said taking a deep breath. I stared straight at him at the same time he looked up.

"What?", he said confused in my statement. I walked up to him looking up.

"Tomorrow. I will give you until Tomorrow to accept my heart. ", I said bravely as i stood on my tiptoes to meet his face.

I kissed him on the cheek and backed away to see his surprised face. This was our first kiss. But i chose to do it. This wasn't official yet i was happy with the fact that i kissed him.

I walked back to my front door," Goodbye. " I opened my door entering inside the house. I smiled knowing this was the only thing that made me happy today.

(Yoona POV)

I sat in the car with Nichkhun driving me. Home. I didn't want to go home. I seriously don't not just what happened. That ring is the envy in my dreams. The thing that reminds me what should've have been.

In the car, it's just filled with silence. Nichkhun steps on the brake and we stop in front of a red light. I turn my head and abuptly opened my mouth to say something," Let's go somewhere else. I don't want to go home just yet. "

Nichkhun pursed his lip," Where do you want to go then?"

I look up from the window thinking where to go. A billboard blocks my vision of the sky. The billboard catches my eye: Go take a ride in the amusement park! Come now. Take in the breath of all this fun.

I quickly turn to Nichkhun," Make me smile at the Amusement Park. " I flash my teeth as he took a different route.

He would take glances at me but i only smiled cause maybe he was just being a friend like he is.

"You know I was worried when we were at the competition.", he said making a turn.

I just looked at him,"Why?" I chuckled nervously.

"I thought that you were so beautiful today that you would outshine everyone and win. ", he said  cleverly.

I hit his shoulder laughing," Shut up. Thanks anyway. For supporting me. "

Nichkhun smiled at me ," I came just for you. I really believe in you. "

I look at my lap smiling as brightly as i could at his encouragement. He p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter